Opinion Do you think Mahoney was captain material today?

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I definitely don't. A captain leads by example and doesn't let emotions cloud his decisions. He made a couple of clangers today.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah wasn’t his best game. But Wasn’t from the lack of trying he just didn’t handle the occasion playing his old mob. He is the least of our worries his young and new to the captain roll with a very young and inexperienced team.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team captain shouldn’t be capable of playing as bad as he did today. I’d award MAX KING with captaincy affective immediately

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still cant hate the little man! He puts in effort week in week out, it is hard facing your old team but I wish he kept his composure and played to his ability! There was probably alot of pressure put on him. Focus on next week Reed

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah he overcooked it today no doubt, but it’s no surprise really he’s trying to run the side single handed with zero help from his half back and an underperforming 5/8th not prepared to strip his captaincy after one poor game under those circumstances.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
100% captain material. I would follow him into battle every day of the week. He was on tilt today because the ref dudded us over & over until we couldnt close the gap.
We had a total reshuffle of the team. Hard for any captain to find cohesion and plan any attack. It was hold the fort stuff today, and we never got the rub of the green.

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Team captain shouldn’t be capable of playing as bad as he did today. I’d award MAX KING with captaincy affective immediately
Are you serious? Stop trolling brother. He is constantly one of our best performers and is probably the most natural leader on the field.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today was poor by him but you can't really blame him there was a big build up playing against his old team , next meet with the Eels will be different.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely don't. A captain leads by example and doesn't let emotions cloud his decisions. He made a couple of clangers today.
Not captain material.

Extremely poor discipline that you would expect from Waddell and co traditionally.
Mind you Waddell has cleaned his act up this year.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Every game with the exception of yesterdays he has been great, but the Captain needs to have control and set the example to the rest of the team. Don't get me wrong, he is close to, if not the best player on the park week in week out, but maybe not captain material.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anything he tried too hard yesterday, he will learn from that and be better for us in the long run.
He will be our best next week I guarantee you.

I'm surprised those Swine's from the Telegraph didn't take the opportunity to publish this following Headline to stick the boot into us -

"MAHONEY LEAVES THE EELS IN GOOD HANDS" - and then rubbish his performance & our decision to sign him.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No but definitely going to be a good captain.. still a bit green.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He was doing ok until he ran from dummy half with the "markers" split and either side of him. Easiest penalty you will ever see however nothing! He threw his arms up in complete astonishment and then his body language dropped bigtime after that and then the Ref just kept going with his cheating.

My impression, I think he knew we were getting fisted again and perhaps his morale just showed it. We all see it every week, these guy's live it. It must make an impact, no matter how positive you try and be. Easily we have been robbed in 3 games this year so far in any chance of a true competitive contest decided by the players.