Do you guys think this statement could be true or am i worrying for nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dak1

Waterboy
Reaction score
After starting the season full of promise after last year's fairytale performance, the Bulldogs look more like the side of 2008.

And things don't look much better for the Bulldogs next year. The club is losing a lot and gaining very little.

Rather than signing superstars or game breakers, they have signed hope, and paid a lot of money for it.

In Trent Hodkinson, Kris Keating and Aiden Tolman, they are getting young players who look to have potential. Could be the goods.

But these blokes could also prove to be average, or worse.

And of course there is no replacing blokes like Ben Hannant, Brett Kimmorley and Luke Patten.
By James Phelps From: The Daily Telegraph July 24, 2010 12:00AM

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So true. About our acquisition strategy that is.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
bloody wasted big money on hodgkinson when we didnt need to

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
I don't think KEating could ever lead a team to the GF.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Don't know, would love to know how much we still have or don't have under next years salary cap? I am hoping to hear news of better signings before next year otherwise I sure hope there is some juniors with the goods ready to have a go? This year has brought us back to earth in a big way after last years effort!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Sooo Noddy was going to run/hobble around for a other year?
didnt imply noddy was meant to stay on....i would have prefered to have give preference to josh reynolds tbh

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tolman does not offload, more of the same

Hodkinson = lawl

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
losing patten/kimmorley wont effect us greatly. Theyve both been poor this year, cant get worse.

But its true, we have signed 'hopeful' players. However if we get Eastwood and another star signing then i wouldnt go as far and say we will be worse off. On that note, we wont have the best roster either

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
to be honest 2011 doesnt look that promising either :(

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
O RLY ???

We're forecasting a bad year from 12 months away now !!!

Some people in here need a month off ....

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Lets wait and see. Our engine room is what needs the most work.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The statement is bullshyt. We are signing a new culture and attitude. That is where we went wrong this year.

W

waveraider

Phelps is a bulldogs fan, brother played for the club so he has connections and would have some knowledge of what is going on at the joint.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Phelps is a bulldogs fan, brother played for the club so he has connections and would have some knowledge of what is going on at the joint.
FACE PALM of EXTREME proportions.
So friggn what? He's commenting on players that haven't proven themselves yet at the dogs. What's him having inside connections got to do with anything?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Phelp's article had some truth to it. but writing us off completely based on our signings is ridiculous. According to Kevin Moore on NRL tactics, we are still in the hunt for some more players to fill in the gaps for next year too.

Keating and Hodkinson deserve a chance to prove themselves next year, and granted some of the other halves in the lower grades at our club could have been considered, It certainly does not mean we are stuck with those two.

In regards to Patten and Kimmorley - they have been out of form this year and are getting on, Does Phelps want us to keep them forever?

freQishDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hodkinson around 260k + Keatings 180k = 440k. We could have worked something out and get Cronk with barba or roberts at no 6.
Just Amazing

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our recruitment has been dodgy to say the least. What concerns me is our inability to attract high quality players. I think Kevin Moore is our problem. He is not rated, and his image is being tarnished wirh some of the pathetic team selections he has made during the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.