Do we now have enough $$$ left for a prop or 2 and a halfback for 2025 ?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No, we need forwards so either one of Fuz, Woods, Conti, O’Niell etc have a platform to play off. AFB and May are getable and we can afford both for 2025

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
No one has any idea what is actually going on but apparently all of our recruitment decisions of late are part of a masterful ‘big picture’ which might Bare fruit in an unspecified number of yrs times. Keep the faith and trust the process

#pathways
#bigpicture
#longgame
#5dchess
#inguswetrust
The long game pissed you off the short game pissed tou off. Maybe you have the wrong club.
#puttheclowninthebunker

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will be AFB or Tina. No to Luia even at 850k. Yes he isnt a bad player but I would rather the boom box crew stay away. If its AFB and Tina and Mam and Deadron id be happy with that. Throw Burton to 2nd row, and then May comes off the bench :p

Oh wait, I put my roosters coloured glasses on. Haha doubt we can fit in too much but I have faith in Gus. Like him or not he knows a lot more then everyone on here combined.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We arent looking for a hb. Sexton will get a crack and we have others who can play 7 also amongst the new signings and juniors.
Yep you look at all the premiers since
2011, basically all winners from then have produced their own halves. The outliers obviously being the Roosters buying their premierships in 13 and later years with Cronk and Sharks in 16'.

Club is 100% doing the right thing stockpiling junior halves.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty going off our roster I feel we should have room for at LEAST three marquee props and a marquee half.
AFB, Taumalolo, May and Dearden should all fit with correct cap management. We still wouldn’t add up to at least five other teams.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
why are people on here obsessed with us needing a halfback we dont need one until we get some quality forwards first
We still dont have a leader, someone with footy nous that steers the ship, stands up and takes control of games. We seen it once from Burton at the back end of some game eons ago. If you look at Burtons short drop outs, they rarely work in our favour often leading to points scored against us yet he repeats the same expecting a different result. Reed (as his co captain) stood along side him and watched him repeat the same error.
Its not hi IQ stuff, its basic common sense yet between the 2 of them the error is still made. Its only 1 example but it proves the point.

Generally the bloke looked to to end sets and steer the ship, make tactical decisions is traditionally the HB (Cleary, Reynolds, DCE).
For the nay sayers, both teams that made it to the grand final 2023 had HB's as that person.
Burton has pretty much been filling the roll but he has fallen way short for whatever reason.

So yeah I know it wont happen but I beleive a great half back is criticle to games jagged or won here or there than trying to build through the season with some consistant results.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
but we have 5 halves in our team already there's no need to get a half, plus we have a few kids coming through that will most likely take over in a few years

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sharks are paying part of Tracey’s contract to us. They didn’t dissolve his contract completely. We’ve gotten Tracey for a steal, much less than what Averillo was on
Your a dribbler so this is probably bullshit

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We still dont have a leader, someone with footy nous that steers the ship, stands up and takes control of games. We seen it once from Burton at the back end of some game eons ago. If you look at Burtons short drop outs, they rarely work in our favour often leading to points scored against us yet he repeats the same expecting a different result. Reed (as his co captain) stood along side him and watched him repeat the same error.
Its not hi IQ stuff, its basic common sense yet between the 2 of them the error is still made. Its only 1 example but it proves the point.

Generally the bloke looked to to end sets and steer the ship, make tactical decisions is traditionally the HB (Cleary, Reynolds, DCE).
For the nay sayers, both teams that made it to the grand final 2023 had HB's as that person.
Burton has pretty much been filling the roll but he has fallen way short for whatever reason.

So yeah I know it wont happen but I beleive a great half back is criticle to games jagged or won here or there than trying to build through the season with some consistant results.
reynolds short kick offs really didnt work well in the GF

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
You are right.
The only way Tracey makes sense is if there is a pending release for Foxx.

The spot, which doesn’t even exist as yet as we have 31 ppl, should have gone to Klemmer or someone

We did have money for AFB and May or Klem, just, but surprised if we do now unless fox goes.
We definitely need two props.
A marquee like AFB and a super solid hard nose like Maguire or Klem or a genuine uo and comes liek May
We have more cap space than people think….. we have replaced players with cheaper more experienced ones. Gus has positioned us very well cap wise - given the slim pickings, our recruitment would be graded a B but if we were to land AFB it’s an A… AFB + JT or Paulo is an A+ masterclass

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You’re right he’s getting paid 500k by the dogs and sharks aren’t chipping in
No **** I know you made that shit up because your a dribbler. We paying his full salary and they ain’t chipping shit

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep you look at all the premiers since
2011, basically all winners from then have produced their own halves. The outliers obviously being the Roosters buying their premierships in 13 and later years with Cronk and Sharks in 16'.

Club is 100% doing the right thing stockpiling junior halves.
Townsend is Cronulla junior, born in Caringbah and played for the Yarrawarrah Tigers. Played 3 years of NRL for Cronulla starting in 2011, then went to the Warriors for 2 years, then back to Cronulla in 2015 until 2021.

You are correct, halves take time to develop, some do and a lot don’t, so we need a bunch.

Always a Bulldog

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No **** I know you made that shit up because your a dribbler. We paying his full salary and they ain’t chipping shit
Stop dribbling kid, go have some supper and off to bed

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Looks like most of our FR options are off contract end of 2024. King, Knight, Patolo, Hughes all signed for 2024 (Hughes may have recently extended but not sure how long) I don’t know much about Montgomery, he is also off contract end of 2024. I can see a couple of these guys staying, maybe King and Patolo, but you’d have to think we pick up a FR for 2024 and then another for 2025.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Townsend is Cronulla junior, born in Caringbah and played for the Yarrawarrah Tigers. Played 3 years of NRL for Cronulla starting in 2011, then went to the Warriors for 2 years, then back to Cronulla in 2015 until 2021.

You are correct, halves take time to develop, some do and a lot don’t, so we need a bunch.

Always a Bulldog
True about Townsend, I like him but yeah the experience purchases of Maloney and Ennis were key with Barba x factor. Of course they were only admittedly over the cap in 2015 and 2017 haha