1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Do we have enough forwards to compete ?

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Nasheed, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Phalangist

Phalangist Kennel Enthusiast

I love red tube :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. oldpuppy

oldpuppy Forum Regular

I don't know if we have enough forwards or not but i know im encouraged by dean on the lookout for more creative halves.
    Obviously him looking at this Newcastle kid Cogger kinda tells me he sees deficiencies in what we have.
    Maybe it's a case of our current talent to partner foran is not ready yet for that step up. Or we're one injury away from chaos again.
    We honestly haven't been lucky with been up to speed like most clubs with good young halves. Hopefully that changes next year.

3. The Big Issue

The Big Issue Waterboy

I think you are right some young blood with a lot of potential but probably still 12 months off being the type off forwards that give you real impact off the bench.
    For me a big concern is how slow some of our guys are at getting up to play the ball. In the last few seasons we have been fortunate to have Kasiano and Pritchard and graham to get us moving with fast play-the-balls.

4. albatross

albatross Forum Regular

We do need real quick ruck to give Foran space for options, especially running straight at the line. Woods has one of the fastest play the balls in the game so hope it can rub off.

5. Qld-Dog

Qld-Dog Immortal

As the great Bullfrog always said, when you think you have enough good forwards? then go buy another one!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. speedy2460

speedy2460 Kennel Enthusiast

I think you have it just about right for the starting pack. Add Taulau to the bench.

7. _G-Dog_

_G-Dog_ Immortal

It has proven true over time.. he also had another one that was along the lines of:

'give me a world class prop and world class halfback, & il give you a premiership'

Obviously the game has changed abit, since then especially with importance of hookers, fullbacks and all the wrestling, but alot of sense there especially for the game in his time

8. kaluah8123

kaluah8123 Forum Regular

Our pack will look interesting during the rep period. We desperately need some players on the fringe to have a break out year.

• Like Like x 1