1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Do we have enough forwards to compete ?

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Nasheed, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Nasheed

Nasheed Forum Regular

Genuine question.
    We have lost a lot of our forward stars last three years, and some aren’t who they used to be. Eastwood, looking at you there.

My question is, are we setting ourselves up to be poleaxed in the forwards ?

Klemmer and woods will be good up front. Elliott and Jackson will do a job, and Tolman will make a bunch of tackles.

Our bench is paper thin. Sometimes RFM is ok, but he is overhyped. Regardless, pretend that two of the above are injured during the season. A highly likely scenario. Who do we have? No names.

If we lose three of our top 6. I think teams are going to carve us up the middle like a hot knife in butter.

We have eroded our depth and safety net.

2. Moey

Moey Kennel Enthusiast

Tualau and Fualolo are more than capable replacements and i tip big and better things under Pay

Elliott is fuckin shit and is a backup at Best

RFM will step up another gear

Rhys Martin should be starting and our goalkicker as well.

More than enough depth

• Like Like x 4
  3. coach

coach Kennel Addict

Forwards were never our drama and never will be, tell the last time we were light on in the forwards? Not in my lifetime
    If we breed to many of something it's good forwards

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Dogna88

Dogna88 Kennel Addict

People are getting over excited about RFM.... those who watch the team train know he is very complacent. Him and Brenko Lee are joined at the hip.

Complacency in first grade will result in letting your team down

5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Immortal

Show me any team that has three big name forwards playing the ISP ?
    Every team in the comp, would be fucked if they lost three of their top forwards.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Wolfmother

Wolfmother Immortal

Light on forwards and light on players who have passion .. No Graham, Reynolds or Kasiano, let alone Ennis.

We'll be an androgynous soul- less, invisible football team ,just in the Comp to make up the numbers

• Interesting Interesting x 6
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  7. SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie

SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie Kennel Addict

I like our forward pack. Very strong middle and good players coming off the bench. Look at Manly’s forward pack lol

• Like Like x 4
  8. Malla

Malla *********

Looking at Fualolo and Tualau to step up another gear next season. Fualolo proved in that game against Sharks last year at Southern Cross that he is capable and can get it done. But overall, I like it. Good mix of young and old.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nabsolutely Fabulous

Nabsolutely Fabulous Immortal Gilded

Here's our listed forwards currently available for next season, we look pretty okay though you could argue we're missing another experienced backrower if you really wanted.

Klemmer, Woods, Jackson, Tolman, Fualalo, Tualau, Eastwood, Elliott, Martin, RFM, Fine, Ogden, Priest, Miller, Strickland, Nelson, Okunbor, Radouva, Saddler, To'omaga, Torpy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dogzof95

Dogzof95 Kennel Enthusiast

Reserve your judgment after 6-10 rounds, we have enough forwards to compete with any team in the comp! Pay will have us playing a different brand of football, we are going to be a complete different team from when Hasler left! Get excited it’s a good time for the fans, hopefully the bulldogs brand of football will be around for a long time to come!

• Like Like x 5
  11. Megatron_dog

Megatron_dog Immortal

Yeah Fualalo was good. In the games at the end of the season the best we looked was when we had Klemm, Danny and Francis on the field. Sure they will need more time to develop but I like middle forwards.

I agree with Gotenks we a short another. Good back rower. Hopefully that Strickland kid can come good in the next few years. The games I saw him play he had awesome footwork at the line.

12. Megatron_dog

Megatron_dog Immortal

What's your thoughts on Toomaga? I think Des set his Nrl debut back a year or two lol. Imo he was a good up and coming SR. I saw him play live for the Jr Kiwis and he was a beast. Des turned him into a Prop smh.

13. Vlasnik

Vlasnik Immortal

Wolfie and Micheal sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G :blush:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. utility half

utility half Immortal

Haha you’re a fool. We will have one of the best and most aggressive packs in the comp next year. Our pack will include JJ and the best front row in the game.

• Like Like x 6
  15. utility half

utility half Immortal

Kasiano only had passion for KFC. Doesn’t belong in the same sentence as the other three imo.

As for your prediction, I strongly doubt it.

We are top 4 bound imo. It’s a shame Reynolds and graham tony be here for the ride.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. GoTheDoggies

GoTheDoggies Kennel Addict

We are lacking a tall, mobile and skillful forward like Ethan Lowe or Matt Gillett or Gavin Cooper. The Storm have had this type of player for a long time - Hoffman and Proctor (at Titans). I think Hoffman has re-joined with the Storm.

There are definitely 5 players there who can get us quick play the balls. Pay will look to get us on the front foot with Lichaa and the speed we have in our backline.

Woods brings a lot of attritributes we lacked under the Desdemort. The late offload and ability to stand in the tackle and not get dominated.

17. GoTheDoggies

GoTheDoggies Kennel Addict

Kasiano is a luxury we could not afford to extend. Storm are in a position where the team is so strong they can take risks on under performers. We need players hungry for success, not hungry for 10 kebabs per week at Belmore.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Moedogg

Moedogg Kennel Addict

Okunbor really stood out in one of the games I watched last year, not sure if he's ready but definitely looks talented..

• Like Like x 1
  19. SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie

SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie Kennel Addict

Definitely need our forwards to perform to get the most out of Licha.. I still dont believe he can distribute wide enough, fast enough. Seemed that he learned how to count numbers in the last 3 rounds though

20. Wahesh

Wahesh The Forefather of The Kennel

The only thing I don't like about my team at the moment is those SHIT jerseys.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1