Do we go all in for Munster?

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Munster is good, quality player. I see him as a skilful Adam Idiot though, I don't want him in the team nor training.

But really, the way Melbourne are, the waterboy can do a good job at five eighth there.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd rather Munster @ 1.1m than Burton @ 700k.
I would rather Burton on a 4 or 5 year deal on $700k than Munster on a 2 or 3 year 1.1 Million deal.

Munster is a special player but has already won plenty in the game. He is motivated this year off the drink because of his latest issues, but how long will that last?

Burton should be a long term project for the Bulldog's.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would you?
Rightio then.
You saying we can't? We signed JAC with some heavy backing in the background, why not do the same for Munster or another high profile player Ina key position?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You saying we can't? We signed JAC with some heavy backing in the background, why not do the same for Munster or another high profile player Ina key position?
I agree with this but I would chase a gun FB or 7.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I would rather Burton on a 4 or 5 year deal on $700k than Munster on a 2 or 3 year 1.1 Million deal.

Munster is a special player but has already won plenty in the game. He is motivated this year off the drink because of his latest issues, but how long will that last?

Burton should be a long term project for the Bulldog's.
Munster is the Australian 5/8 that leads in both attack and defence and can mentor in the new age Bulldogs while Burton is project player that might not even be half the player Munster is.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Munster is the Australian 5/8 that leads in both attack and defence and can mentor in the new age Bulldogs while Burton is project player that might not even be half the player Munster is.
Burton is the one of new age of the Bulldogs though

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are talking to the wrong audience, he’s a Queenslander and I love him as a player, but not for us.

You should probably give some of the massive time and space you give Jake to Burto, as he has already shown and delivered way more in his short career already and has unlimited improvement.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Munster is playing way above his career average this year because he’s off the booze, the gambling and the drugs. The question is how much longer will he stay on the waggon, a month, the rest of the season, a year, how about the next contract? He‘s on his last chance with Melbourne, one more slip and he’s gonsky. From what I have heard they are doing their own random drug and alcohol tests, that and the rehab were the conditions of accepting him back. Fark what they say about him not leaving, he gets back on it and they will flick him, faster than you can say hasty la vista baby.

Always a Bulldog

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Burton is the one of new age of the Bulldogs though
Maybe, maybe not. We're 2 months in and he only has 3 try involvements and 0 line breaks, although I don't agree with how he's utilised those are hardly promising signs. Ideally we keep him but the reality is I'm fucking sick of losing and I want a sure thing in the halves, Munster could potentially be our Maloney and set out next generation up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You are talking to the wrong audience, he’s a Queenslander and I love him as a player, but not for us.

You should probably give some of the massive time and space you give Jake to Burto, as he has already shown and delivered way more in his short career already and has unlimited improvement.
Burton is older than Jake and on more than double his wage with talks of a potential upgrade around the 700k mark (at least on here), that's hardly the same thing.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton is older than Jake and on more than double his wage with talks of a potential upgrade around the 700k mark (at least on here), that's hardly the same thing.
Mate…..Matt was born in the March and Jake in August, same year 2000. :tearsofjoy:

I’m in your camp that Jake should be persevered with and developed. But you are kidding yourself if you think they are even close in what they have achieved or delivered so far or natural ability.

Jake has potential to be a very good first grader, Burton is a potential Australian rep.