Do we go all in for Munster?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Before we sign anyone we should be signing whoever handles the salary cap at the roosters. After that we can sign everyone [emoji23][emoji23]
1 correction required:

Before we sign anyone we should be signing whoever handles the "salary cap" at the roosters. After that we can sign everyone

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/04/29/nrl-unpacked-how-does-the-salary-cap-work/

I have been hearing for years about the Roosters salary sombrero, and I still remember Willy Mason being signed on huge money during the close season, at a time when teams have usually committed their available funds. These days though I suspect they stick strictly to the letter of the law while cynically ignoring the intent.

The stated intention of the league is to equalize playing strengths and prevent rich clubs from cornering all of the available talent. A careful reading of the rules, particularly on third party agreements, leads one to wonder if they were drawn up by half wits with no idea how the world works. I know what you are all thinking - this is the NRL we are talking about, and that is a perfectly reasonable conclusion to draw! I don't believe it though. I think they designed the system to create an illusion of fairness, while leaving enough loopholes to allow the favoured clubs to continue to rule the roost (pardon the pun).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we get Keary it highlights everything wrong with the club and we haven’t learnt any lessons.
He'd be a great buy. He started the season slow due to returning from an ACL injury but he's more than firing now. He only becomes an option if Rooster wants Munster but Keary would be the 2nd best option in that scenario.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He'd be a great buy. He started the season slow due to returning from an ACL injury but he's more than firing now. He only becomes an option if Rooster wants Munster but Keary would be the 2nd best option in that scenario.
Keary has 23 try involvements this season with only Walker, Munster and Moses having more. He has managed this while coming off the back of an ACL injury and having combination issues with Walker. We have 29 tries in total this season but Keary would be a bad signing according to some LOL.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You just know if Keary some how became available so many of our fans would write him off and claim he's shit because the Roosters didn't want him lol. Some would probably claim he's shit already haha
fUcK kEArY sIgN mUnStER

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Before we sign anyone we should be signing whoever handles the salary cap at the roosters. After that we can sign everyone [emoji23][emoji23]
There are 2 possible answers here;
1. The Chooks don't have anyone handling their salary cap because they don't have one.
2. Politis controls all payments to players and he's not leaving the Chooks.

Always a Bulldog

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keary is a talent, I’m more concerned about his head knock history to be honest, not his talent.
Mate this is the real issue.

1st hand I know that he's one serious head knock away from retirement. In fact he was 50/50 from playing again after last head knock.

As talented as he is, it's a big gamble to get wrong

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate this is the real issue.

1st hand I know that he's one serious head knock away from retirement. In fact he was 50/50 from playing again after last head knock.

As talented as he is, it's a big gamble to get wrong
Medical retirement exists though and would protect the club and Keary to some extent if it unfortunately got to that.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Munster is an excellent 5/8, he won't solve our problems though as he still need a half back inside him. He was ordinary the 2 weeks Hughes was out. A lot of people who play with Munster say that he plays his best when he doesn't have to think.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Munster is an excellent 5/8, he won't solve our problems though as he still need a half back inside him. He was ordinary the 2 weeks Hughes was out. A lot of people who play with Munster say that he plays his best when he doesn't have to think.
Absolutely NOONE thinks at the Dogs - NOONE

So Munster would be the perfect fit

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
phil Gould was fondling himself sitting beside Munster while he was being interviewed by the panel after the origin game finished … enough said?

• Haha
Reactions: 88

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You just know if Keary some how became available so many of our fans would write him off and claim he's shit because the Roosters didn't want him lol. Some would probably claim he's shit already haha
Better than the rubbish we have now...

Kennel Established
Reaction score
phil Gould was fondling himself sitting beside Munster while he was being interviewed by the panel after the origin game finished … enough said?
Not sure who Gus was fondling but he looked excited to be holding a Munster fat!

Last edited: