Opinion Do we extend Lewis' contract?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes! Purely on his classics defensive style. Maybe not be the best on offence but he will always put his body in the line. Not many halves in the comp can snap the big fellas in half the way he does. Perfect example is when he made Steroid Sam Burgess look like an idiot grass cutting him for 80mins.
You don’t play a player at 6 or 7 because they are good defenders. Surely you want a player that can make player around him look better.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don’t play a player at 6 or 7 because they are good defenders. Surely you want a player that can make player around him look better.
Nevertheless he won’t be a speed bump and I think would be a good back up anyways

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Honestly believe Wakeham is the one that should be let go.
Lewis has effort,grunt in defence,and can do something special.
Honestly I havent seen Wakeham do any of those things,continually flatters to deceive this bloke.
1 or 2 year contract extension,for minimal coin with incentives would be a great deal for him.
If he can get better elsewhere,then good luck to him,but I would like to see him stay.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you're right Tolman & Hoppa have both had great first grade careers playing in great teams with great players from the start of their careers, they both don't look crash hot any more and they weren't thrown in the deep end like Lewis who was plucked from reserve grade before he could finish his apprenticeship to play in a makeshift team under 4 different coaches, maybe we could afford luxury of giving him a run with a proper first grade team next year just as a thankyou for slugging it out and doing the dirty work instead of discarding him like a piece of rubbish & of course no other club is making offers to any of players because they all look bad as a team with the worst record in the league, all I'm saying is a one year contract even as a depth player & I believe that Gus and Tbas will do just that.
I like where you are coming from with Lewis and I never really looked at it that way.
You could say it about any player but imagine how he would look if he went to Melbourne. One thing he won’t let you down with is his effort or defence.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly believe Wakeham is the one that should be let go.
Lewis has effort,grunt in defence,and can do something special.
Honestly I havent seen Wakeham do any of those things,continually flatters to deceive this bloke.
1 or 2 year contract extension,for minimal coin with incentives would be a great deal for him.
If he can get better elsewhere,then good luck to him,but I would like to see him stay.
Wakeham is on fuck all coin and is statically (lol) our best half. Lewis is on more than double, has milked the club silly with his last contract.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis will look like a superstar in the ESL and won't have the fans on his back.

Either him or Flanno has to go. The Prince reminds me of Reynolds, all heart and desire.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis will look like a superstar in the ESL and won't have the fans on his back.

Either him or Flanno has to go. The Prince reminds me of Reynolds, all heart and desire.
I think Lewis has had is go and now Kyle is having his go they are definitely battling out

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put some meat on his bones and have him as a lock or second row, his defence is too good to lose and he has a good kick and is a useful backup for the halves in a pinch, but only offer him a one year contract unless he performs better.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe this thread is still going, stop accepting mediocre as a acceptable platform, definitely not a lock or a second rower he would be bashed out the game, only position is a reserve grade half unless he improves dramatically.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dont forget we have a reserve grade side to fill. I would have Lewis before a few of the others.
He would be a good reserve for FG if our halves fall over. Must be kept.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this thread still alive?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If we signed okunshithead for 2 years, then Lewis deserves a 10 year contract