Do we even have talent scouts in Queensland?

FatDogSlim

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There are a lot of areas we could look at. The Queen of stupidity (Raelene) once said that we don't recruit Fijians because they ALL get home sick. I knew we were in trouble when she said that. Get some old players to do some training camps or something across the islands & PNG. Anything to make the connection so that players from there not just want to play in the NRL but want to play for Canterbury. A little bit of effort will go a long way.
I know the Dogs where helping out building classrooms in PNG and took trial games with the Sharks there as well. I don’t know if they thought of establishing a scouting network or not .

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure we're not completely neglecting queensland based juniors We were supposedly in the chase for Sam Walker before Uncle nick and his paper bags entered the fold. A few other clubs probably get the pick of the litter in recent years since they've been outperforming us at the top level. The rebuild we're currently getting through was supposed to be at every stage of things, from junior development to the top 30. I'd love for it to be a one to two year process, but realistically some things may take longer than others. Becoming an attractive prospect for juniors we haven't helped anywhere along the way might be one of the last things to happen.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If we do they need to start opening their fucking eyes. Or stop talking taking advice from third parties that are aligned with the cows or the gronks.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Mid 2000s onwards recruitment of young talent has been trash.