do the "work from home" buffoons need to get off their arse? Or is MANDEEP coming to get you!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’m a essential services worker as in I look after big commercial buildings in the city so fire systems ect so it’s funny because I’m seeing the decline first hand in commercial real estate but I know most people that work from home will fight tooth and nail to keep it because it’s a bludge. Change my mind.
Ive been working from home 3 years, nearly 4. My job and my kpis are exactly the same as before. The business has proven we are actually more productive at home, and sickies have halved. Really depends on your job. My job coukd be done on the moon if u have a good internet connection

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The covid myth is a whole other argument bro. WFH makes sense in a lot of cases regardless of what strain of flu is doing the rounds.
Exactly you don't need to be ordered by dictators.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Ive been working from home 3 years, nearly 4. My job and my kpis are exactly the same as before. The business has proven we are actually more productive at home, and sickies have halved. Really depends on your job. My job coukd be done on the moon if u have a good internet connection
If I had to work from home during COVID I would have lost it so I’m grateful but I do know some people that took the piss big time. Would tell me they are working harder than they ever had but would tell me everything about the latest Netflix series as well and how Bondi was lovely for a swim today.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My job coukd be done on the moon if u have a good internet connection
you said it yourself… this work from home baloney is doing yourself out of a job.. if you can do your job from the moon as you say, you can also do it from India and at half the price… bosses will wise up when they get a bit of pressure on the bottom line. Trust me this work from home holiday is temporary..

Plus it’s so impersonal if bosses want to fire someone.. you become just a number working from Home... Just send you an email to fire you, goodbye to you, an hour later hello Mandeep from India!!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was in the boardroom looking at a flat
Months profitability, first thing I’d say is do we need to carry all these work from home leeches… let’s send them on a permanent holiday if that’s what they want.. the shenanigans are over.. let not pay them to sit on their arse watching Netflix

I’ll call India a minute later and get Mandeep for half the price that will work twice the hours (and not watch Netflix)

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If I had to work from home during COVID I would have lost it so I’m grateful but I do know some people that took the piss big time. Would tell me they are working harder than they ever had but would tell me everything about the latest Netflix series as well and how Bondi was lovely for a swim today.
Well the thing is every since WFH became mandatory I started going to bed later and started watching a Netflix movie and reviewing it on here every day (everyone here was witness to this). So I found the time to watch Netflix more later at night because I would be waking up the next morning and starting work, eliminating 1 hour of commuting and 30 mins or brekky/shower/getting dressed... so I still clock on and off at the same time, but just had the extra 90s mins in the morning, so would go to bed 90 mins later at night.

No time spent watching Netflix while at work. More time watching Netflix after work.

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Well the thing is every since WFH became mandatory I started going to be later and started watching a Netflix movie and reviewing it on here every day (everyone here was witness to this). So I found the time to watch Netflix more later at night because I would be waking up the next morning and starting work, eliminating 1 hour of commuting and 30 mins or brekky/shower/getting dressed... so I still clock on and off at the same time, but just had the extra 90s mins in the morning, so would go to bed 90 mins later at night.

No time spent watching Netflix while at work. More time watching Netflix after work.
That’s fair enough.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Aussies need to work from home.
Urban sprawl is big
What annoys me is all remote work in Australia says ‘work one day a week from the office’ which stresses me out so I don’t apply. Stay on Centrelink.
If I get a fully remote role I could work then slowly transition to living and working in Lebanon.
A proper country that isn’t BS

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
you said it yourself… this work from home baloney is doing yourself out of a job.. if you can do your job from the moon as you say, you can also do it from India and at half the price… bosses will wise up when they get a bit of pressure on the bottom line. Trust me this work from home holiday is temporary..

Plus it’s so impersonal if bosses want to fire someone.. you become just a number working from Home... Just send you an email to fire you, goodbye to you, an hour later hello Mandeep from India!!
I work for a place that is forbidden by law to outsource overseas, so no im not at risk of losing my job. My previous job was the same (ATO)

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Aussies need to work from home.
Urban sprawl is big
What annoys me is all remote work in Australia says ‘work one day a week from the office’ which stresses me out so I don’t apply. Stay on Centrelink.
If I get a fully remote role I could work then slowly transition to living and working in India.
A proper country that is BS
Fixed that for you.

Wahesh

Reaction score
What!
No. Just no.
Re edit that back to Lebanon please
So u don’t embarrass yourself
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I have five fingers
The middle one is for you. :kissingheart:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Wahesh & @Nasheed , lets all remember we are on the same side here, its the stay at home buffoons that need an attitude correction.

These buffoons make Australia uncompetitive on a world scale.. Australians want to be paid well for doing nothing, so how does that translate to goods and services offered? way overpriced compared to other markets. Then they cry that they cannot afford things so they want more money for doing nothing. People in Australia needs a mindset to create some value add like the chinese.

Instead, Australians they wanna be on holidays all the time, go into the office 1-2 times a month and watch netflix and hang around at the shopping mall.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the typical day of a work from home Australian...

Wake up at 8:50am and make a run for the computer to log on for work.
8:55am go take the kids to school for the school run
9:15am pop into coles to grab a few essentials
9:45am, back to the computer to check a few emails
9:48am, take a toilet break to go take a dump and brush your teeth.
10:12am answer the door to accept the mail, woolworths delivery shopping etc.
10:17 check the computer for emails
10:18am check news.com, facebook etc.
10:30am jump on a work conference call with your team (who are also working from home)..
10:32am quickly pop outside to quickly do some gardening
11am, return to the work call and ask a quick question
11:03am pop out to the shopping mall to grab "some stationary" and a new outfit for the weekend
12:00 midday: stop for lunch at the shopping mall
12:47pm back to the computer as you have had a shortened lunch break
12:48pm browse ebay for a few minutes.
1pm get on another work call with your peers (who are also at home)
1:05pm, pop on a netflix movie in the background, every few minutes on the work call, say "yes agree with that".
2:45pm, pop out quickly to pick up the kids
3:15pm get back to the computer to check a few emails
3:20pm go make a quick sandwich
3:35pm check your emails
3:40pm pop on a netflix movie inthe background, every few minutes say "yes agree with that"
5:10pm go take a toilet break, do a big well earned dump.
5:45pm return to computer send a few emails to show your boss your working late
6:12pm log off for the day ad claim an hours overtime
6:13pm put your feet up after a hard days work. geez im buggered.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

10:30am jump on a work conference call with your team (who are also working from home)..
11:03am pop out to the shopping mall to grab "some stationary" and a new outfit for the weekend
1:05pm, pop on a netflix movie in the background, every few minutes on the work call, say "yes agree with that".
3:40pm pop on a netflix movie inthe background, every few minutes say "yes agree with that"
I cannot believe checking out memes or reading the kennel isn't part of their daily log? Shame

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Sounds like someone who hasnt worked from home. Nothing like that for me. I stll have to produce work to a schedule. Even my breaks are scheduled.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like someone who hasnt worked from home. Nothing like that for me. I stll have to produce work to a schedule. Even my breaks are scheduled.
it’s almost impossible to be efficient and work from home.. it’s full of interruptions.. like all those people that say they exercise at home using a home gym.. they never do it

that’s why going to a gym is far better to exercise, it’s focused and no distractions.. much like a workplace, go there to work, be focused, have all the stakeholders available to you, all the information you need available to you, then go home to put your feet up, watch Netflix or paint the living room. Don’t mix the two.

Does the mailman interrupt you at the office? Did you know that being interrupted can take up to 20 mins to refocus … how can you work with all the interruptions at home or whilst watching opera?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot believe checking out memes or reading the kennel isn't part of their daily log? Shame
that log was a best case scenario… most of the work from home bludgers aren’t even at home.. they log on and go to the beach