Do the Dolphins have the easiest schedule of the NRL era?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In the first 11 rounds they play 1 game outside of QLD & that is in Darwin.

Their first game in NSW isn't until round 15.

First 14 rounds:

Games in QLD = 10
Games in NSW = 0
Games outside QLD = 2
Byes = 2

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yep they got kissed on the dick...
If anyone watches All things Bulldogs on YT. Check out his latest video, he has a small segment dissecting our draw and it clearly shows a pattern that we play multiple teams that are coming off their bye... and we pretty much always get 1 day less rest than our opponent.

You cannot tell me the draw is random, NRL dodgy it up annually to suit their interests.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If anyone watches All things Bulldogs on YT. Check out his latest video, he has a small segment dissecting our draw and it clearly shows a pattern that we play multiple teams that are coming off their bye... and we pretty much always get 1 day less rest than our opponent.

You cannot tell me the draw is random, NRL dodgy it up annually to suit their interests.
Yep, 1000%

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely they do. I love how people banging on about them coming first. They beat titans saints and had a bye, wtf who cares. Then tigers this week hilarious

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are a new club.
Its in the interest of the game to have them mildly successful.

Same thing happened with merged clubs 25 years ago.

Move on

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are a new club.
Its in the interest of the game to have them mildly successful.

Same thing happened with merged clubs 25 years ago.

Move on
Their fan base will either grow organically or not at all. It's certainly helpful if they have some measure of success early. But I think there's probably a fairly stable number of NRL fans overall. Some non league fans might jump on board if they're local and it's a fresh form of entertainment. My cousin is a Titans fan since he was living near the stadium for their first few years in the game.

But typically fans have their team. Some will pick them as a secondary team. But it's a process of years to grow a huge fan base.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

We've had years of shitty draws.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They've got an easy draw and we have a harder one, as we generally do.. But at the same time beat who is in front of you. Playing the harder teams should make you stronger. Don't make excuses, overcome adversity and build some character by thriving on the underdog/siege mentality like the Canterbury teams of the past few decades would have done..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Their fan base will either grow organically or not at all. It's certainly helpful if they have some measure of success early. But I think there's probably a fairly stable number of NRL fans overall. Some non league fans might jump on board if they're local and it's a fresh form of entertainment. My cousin is a Titans fan since he was living near the stadium for their first few years in the game.

But typically fans have their team. Some will pick them as a secondary team. But it's a process of years to grow a huge fan base.
There are a lot of NRL fans in Brisbane who hate the Donkeys, plus they have pissed off a lot of people over the years. Many have started supporting the Dolphins and if their success continues many more will follow.

Always a Bulldog

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just look how a easy draw the sharks have, it hasn't served them as good as you think, don't get me a wrong a easy draw can be a good thing but a tougher draw builds resillience and like @B-Train said just play whats in front of you.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just look how a easy draw the sharks have, it hasn't served them as good as you think, don't get me a wrong a easy draw can be a good thing but a tougher draw builds resillience and like @B-Train said just play whats in front of you.
No one is saying that the Dolphins are going to make the GF. Making the 8 though would give them a big boost for the future & their draw this season makes it way easier for them to make the 8.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They've got an easy draw and we have a harder one, as we generally do.. But at the same time beat who is in front of you. Playing the harder teams should make you stronger. Don't make excuses, overcome adversity and build some character by thriving on the underdog/siege mentality like the Canterbury teams of the past few decades would have done..
100% I like playing the top teams early we know exactly where we are as team, cows and Dolphins fans are living in false hope both those sides will fold like deck chairs later on in the season when they run up against the better sides.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to beat the best to be the best who really actually cares. I'd rather a hard draw rather than a Cronnula type of cakewalk to get trounced in finals

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In the first 11 rounds they play 1 game outside of QLD & that is in Darwin.

Their first game in NSW isn't until round 15.

First 14 rounds:

Games in QLD = 10
Games in NSW = 0
Games outside QLD = 2
Byes = 2
Nrlol don't even do the draw.
It's some Canadian company, eh.
They do all the big professional leagues.
Essentially it's purely scheduled for TV and sponsors likings.
They couldn't a fuck if a team like the dogs are negatively affected, just as long as the dollar bucks keep a rollin'.