Dissallowed Kiks Try

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thoughts on this? Lead runner is tackled by the defender. He makes a tackle with a player without the ball. The defender makes a strange and illegal decision to tackle, but in the big picture it's a great decision because the refs rule obstruction. This was not a case of the defender being blocked by the lead runner. That's three tries in three weeks where dodgy calls on obstruction where defenders are intentionally hitting players without the ball, or hitting the ref to overturn tries.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thoughts on this? Lead runner is tackled by the defender. He makes a tackle with a player without the ball. The defender makes a strange and illegal decision to tackle, but in the big picture it's a great decision because the refs rule obstruction. This was not a case of the defender being blocked by the lead runner. That's three tries in three weeks where dodgy calls on obstruction where defenders are intentionally hitting players without the ball, or hitting the ref to overturn tries.
They have been consistent with this ruling for first three rounds. The lead runner can't sit in the defensive line, he needs to continue running through. I was ok with it as soon as it happened because they've been calling those no tries like I said.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm over this long overused block play decoy inside shoulder outside shoulder crap. The defence should haven't to put with decoy runners obscuring their vision and running into them. In every game I've seen players getting the ball on the inside shoulder behind the decoy and the ref does nothing about it because it doesn't lead to a try or it's in their own half.
Just simplify the game and ban the decoy running into the defence crap altogether. We didn't have this overused decoy play crap in the 70's to early 2000's.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guy chose to make a defensive decision to tackle the wrong player. No way will you stop Kikau. Again if it was against the Bulldogs pedo would have allowed it.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have to watch the replay. But from what I saw, the lead runner didn't run into the defender, not did he stand in the line. The defender coming across in cover chose to tackling him. If the defender doesn't tackle him the lead runner runs through the line.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The defender literally tackled the lead runner . Defences are preparing for this and milking hard.
We don’t seem too but other teams do. What about Edwards last night tackling JWH I think it was 20 meters from the ball and they calling Manu a no try.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah no try
Salmon hit the wrong line he was supposed to go inside Hawkins

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I have to watch the replay. But from what I saw, the lead runner didn't run into the defender, not did he stand in the line. The defender coming across in cover chose to tackling him. If the defender doesn't tackle him the lead runner runs through the line.
That’s exactly what happened but the rule is flawed and taken advantage of