Dissallowed Kiks Try

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably bro but Salmon needed to run inside shoulder. He was really poor yesterday. Despite the usual bullshit from Sutton we had enough ball to win. Not sure what JT is doing because our attack is a shambles. Settler after settler when we are attacking is frustrating AF
I really don't know why we brought Salmon anyway. The guy only looked good due to the Penrith system.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guy chose to make a defensive decision to tackle the wrong player. No way will you stop Kikau. Again if it was against the Bulldogs pedo would have allowed it.

Similar try was disallowed in the Cowboys/Broncos match last night. It's happening in every game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I really don't know why we brought Salmon anyway. The guy only looked good due to the Penrith system.

Gus and CC love him.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone saying that the defender chose to commit to Salmon and therefore no obstruction are forgetting that this doesn’t matter when that whole inside/outside shoulder thing happens and there’s any form of contact with the defence. Bottom line is Salmon screwed up, put himself in the wrong position and made it easy for the defence to create an obstruction. Kikau took direct advantage of the hole that was created so game over, easy decision for the referee (Sutton saw it on field and bunker took about 3 seconds to confirm).

Salmon was terrible yesterday. In the trials he looked like a great ball playing lock who would give us more attacking options but Mann offers so much more. Salmon played 68 minutes yesterday, 31 tackles with 6 missed, 1 error, 72m run, no offloads. That’s just a poor outing whichever way you look at it.

Mann played 52 minutes, 27 tackles with 0 missed, 3 tackle busts, 107m run, no offloads but always looks likely to break through the line. He has the motor to play 80 minutes and he should be playing all of them.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone saying that the defender chose to commit to Salmon and therefore no obstruction are forgetting that this doesn’t matter when that whole inside/outside shoulder thing happens and there’s any form of contact with the defence. Bottom line is Salmon screwed up, put himself in the wrong position and made it easy for the defence to create an obstruction. Kikau took direct advantage of the hole that was created so game over, easy decision for the referee (Sutton saw it on field and bunker took about 3 seconds to confirm).

Salmon was terrible yesterday. In the trials he looked like a great ball playing lock who would give us more attacking options but Mann offers so much more. Salmon played 68 minutes yesterday, 31 tackles with 6 missed, 1 error, 72m run, no offloads. That’s just a poor outing whichever way you look at it.

Mann played 52 minutes, 27 tackles with 0 missed, 3 tackle busts, 107m run, no offloads but always looks likely to break through the line. He has the motor to play 80 minutes and he should be playing all of them.
The outside shoulder ruling is a complete farce. If the centre decided to jam in on salmon, which is the whole purpose of the decoy run, they'd rule he ran inside shoulder. The fact the centre stayed out means they judged it outside shoulder of the defender inside him. A lead runner shouldn't have to do a math equation everytime he wants to hit a hole...

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The outside shoulder ruling is a complete farce. If the centre decided to jam in on salmon, which is the whole purpose of the decoy run, they'd rule he ran inside shoulder. The fact the centre stayed out means they judged it outside shoulder of the defender inside him. A lead runner shouldn't have to do a math equation everytime he wants to hit a hole...
Couldn’t agree more but the rule as written today means Salmon screwed up and it was the ‘right’ call. Until they change the rule it’ll keep happening as defenders know exactly how to exploit it.

There was actually a Souths try yesterday where Mann I think was running towards a Souths line break and a Souths player was in his way and I thought “just run into him, throw your arms up and hit the deck and they’ll call this back”. It’s all garbage really.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If only you were the ref :grinning: Wonder who we'll get next week.
But one things for sure Ciraldo has got to get these silly penalties, our players can actually control, out of their game.
Ciro needs to give the refs a spray (the club can cop the fine)…He’s way too nice. It’s getting ridiculous, we knew we were going to be dealt a rough go yesterday and we did. I wouldn’t be surprised Wighton gets sighted for the hip drop after the fact which is typical given there is zero benefit to us. The incident was so clear and obvious yet we didn’t even get a penalty for it…. That’s how rigged yesterday was. I feel the ref had that game in his control and the result was not going any other way.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm over this long overused block play decoy inside shoulder outside shoulder crap. The defence should haven't to put with decoy runners obscuring their vision and running into them. In every game I've seen players getting the ball on the inside shoulder behind the decoy and the ref does nothing about it because it doesn't lead to a try or it's in their own half.
Just simplify the game and ban the decoy running into the defence crap altogether. We didn't have this overused decoy play crap in the 70's to early 2000's.
But it’s the only play coaches now how to coach now. Halfbacks would be lost without this play. I hate Parra with a passion, yet there attack is refreshing.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can’t stop in the defensive line.. Salmon should of ran through the line

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But it’s the only play coaches now how to coach now. Halfbacks would be lost without this play. I hate Parra with a passion, yet there attack is refreshing.
The problem with our attack is the overuse of these predictable block plays which rarely works because our passing is so crap and slow. The best sides have clean spiral passes which land in front of the receiver while ours are wobbly, slow passes that prevents our receivers from catching them at speed. Our players still lack the fundamental skills of passing, timing and positioning.

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For every outside shoulder there is an inside shoulder… whose to say which shoulder the attacker runs at? I’ve always had a problem with this

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Again, if a player can't tell the difference between a decoy and a ball runner, then it's their problem. Once again another call that doesn't go our way.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk