Dispelling Jake Preston and Davey myth

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He made an opinion. What he said didn’t suggest he had oil. He would have said it. Something along the lines of ‘Davey asked CC if he has dropped down in line’. But Davey was getting selected in the 17, so the idea he could no longer get a go that jammer suggests is fundamentally false. More ppl need to see this.
Getting selected in the 17? Come on bro, he played limited minutes in 2 fkn games.

He is a bitch on and off the field. Preston put him on show.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Just putting my thoughts up in here on this because I know how the Kennel likes to run with and believes things they want to hear. Confirmation bias.

Everyone is blindly siding with James Graham’s recent comments that Andrew Davey has thrown a tantrum and wanted out because he ‘couldn’t compete with Preston’ but in reality, I think everyone is just jumping on James reacting emotionally and dissing Davey. Not even an analysis. A diss.
At least something to consider.

As I said to Maroondog - use critical thought.
There are 3x 2nd rower spots in the 17 on game day. 6 in the squad. One of those players (kikau) was done for best part of season, from memory, round 1. Davey players in the 17 mostly when fit, although he’s too was injury affected.
He is ahead of Topine and was competing with Waddell. I don’t think he give a fuck about Preston, because he was playing alongside him, not instead of. Also I see no evidence Davey demanded a top 13 spot. He has never been that player ever.
The reality is he didn’t like it here and wanted out. Otherwise he would have at least played out the season as our injuries gifted him his best chance for a regular spot. we need to accept this instead of blindly listening to James Graham’s one sided narrative.
Davey was obviously being honest. Questionable that he spoke up - but likely baited from buzz.
He wanted out becaause in his opinion, our training and coaching stank.
That makes most sense.
Even if it’s a Preston thing, management should have handled it better. The issues exist.
Our club is cultivating its own narrative to deflect from our issues and criticism and is doing a good job, but it is most likely propaganda.
Disagree 100%.
Davey was competing with RFM (club captain) Kikau (big off season signing), Preston (Rookie), Waddell, Okonbor (probably wasn’t viewed as 2nd rower at the time he signed), Morrin.
I believe he would have thought he was in the 17, maybe he was told that I dunno.
To me he wasn’t getting the minutes and probably trained too hard for his liking, opportunity come up with last years grand finalists where he’s played before and they had a spot open with N.Brown and Papalii leaving. Took the easy way out and then had a whinge. He’s shot himself in the foot in regards to his character

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Just putting my thoughts up in here on this because I know how the Kennel likes to run with and believes things they want to hear. Confirmation bias.

Everyone is blindly siding with James Graham’s recent comments that Andrew Davey has thrown a tantrum and wanted out because he ‘couldn’t compete with Preston’ but in reality, I think everyone is just jumping on James reacting emotionally and dissing Davey. Not even an analysis. A diss.
At least something to consider.

As I said to Maroondog - use critical thought.
There are 3x 2nd rower spots in the 17 on game day. 6 in the squad. One of those players (kikau) was done for best part of season, from memory, round 1. Davey players in the 17 mostly when fit, although he’s too was injury affected.
He is ahead of Topine and was competing with Waddell. I don’t think he give a fuck about Preston, because he was playing alongside him, not instead of. Also I see no evidence Davey demanded a top 13 spot. He has never been that player ever.
The reality is he didn’t like it here and wanted out. Otherwise he would have at least played out the season as our injuries gifted him his best chance for a regular spot. we need to accept this instead of blindly listening to James Graham’s one sided narrative.
Davey was obviously being honest. Questionable that he spoke up - but likely baited from buzz.
He wanted out becaause in his opinion, our training and coaching stank.
That makes most sense.
Even if it’s a Preston thing, management should have handled it better. The issues exist.
Our club is cultivating its own narrative to deflect from our issues and criticism and is doing a good job, but it is most likely propaganda.
Davey didn't play in first grade until Round 7, which was off the bench, same as his other appearance in Round 8 also off the bench. With Kikau injured for both you dopey *****.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Disagree 100%.]
Davey was competing with RFM (club captain) Kikau (big off season signing), Preston (Rookie), Waddell, Okonbor (probably wasn’t viewed as 2nd rower at the time he signed), Morrin.
Agree on all except Morrin who isn’t in the top 30 so can’t be considered a serious threat pre season.

Disagree 100%.]

I believe he would have thought he was in the 17, maybe he was told that I dunno.
Maybe. I’d be surprised but it’s possible. For me it’s the idea taht Preston working harder is why he left is a myth. Because even if Preston usurped him he still had Kikaus spot.
Disagree 100%.]
To me he wasn’t getting the minutes and probably trained too hard for his liking, opportunity come up with last years grand finalists where he’s played before and they had a spot open with N.Brown and Papalii leaving. Took the easy way out and then had a whinge. He’s shot himself in the foot in regards to his character
I agree with this and this is it. Not sure if it was over training or not but he is saying he didn’t like the culture and CC was hard to get along with.
You and I are actually agreeing.
Remember what I disagreed with is that it was a Preston thing only. And I am also warning the forum to not be so dismissive of Davey concerns. He isn’t the only one complaining. Something must be off of a dozen players are jaded. Also Davey was hired as he was a supposed hard worker. Need to play the odds whether that was all a a myth or the crap runs deep.

Jeffro

Waterboy
Reaction score
Good research!
off the bench in rounds 7&8 then at Parra by round 10 who had their own problems in the back row.