OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the Sutton hate has been a bit overdone. The results in the past didnt go our way, but it was largely the fault of our players.
The majority of the team were very poor.
The whole Good Friday game was made a lot worse by the actions of Graham and Klemmer.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I did not know Blake Taaffe and Connor Tracey have a successful half’s five eight combination playing together in 2019. Very interesting!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s just good that we are part of a marquee style game in the year. Good Friday has to be one of the most sought after time slots for all clubs in the calendar. Brings in good revenue for the club, when our home game of course.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The media examination of Souths is full on. If they don't get the win after all this blanket motivational "help"...just wow.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbf, that's not that far off the average win ratio for those seasons generally.
That period was selected to prove an agenda. My stats were not, as they were every game Sutton has officiated of our’s and the percentage of all his games. Unsurprisingly, in the period from 2009 (when he started refereeing) to 2014, we had more wins than losses under him.

I can’t believe it’s still being discussed after I debunked it.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The media examination of Souths is full on. If they don't get the win after all this blanket motivational "help"...just wow.

Why are your Facebook links always in Chinese? Are you a secret agent of the CCP?!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why are your Facebook links always in Chinese? Are you a secret agent of the CCP?!
Yeah I don't know why...not all of them :grinning:. It's crazy. I know they look dodgy but they are legit.

I try alternatives but there aren't any. Then I try screen shots and they are too long. I might just give up on FB re-posting on here probably best :grinning:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That period was selected to prove an agenda. My stats were not, as they were every game Sutton has officiated of our’s and the percentage of all his games. Unsurprisingly, in the period from 2009 (when he started refereeing) to 2014, we had more wins than losses under him.

I can’t believe it’s still being discussed after I debunked it.
You can't look at win/loss ratios like that and come to a determination. It's a very simple statistic to look at, with extremely little context. For example, Roosters used to have a tactic of giving away penalty after penalty to defend their line (which resulted in the 6 again rule), hence even though they lost the penalty count, they'd win the game.

Woods (last night on NRL360) spoke about refs evening up penalty counts at the end of games, so the players are AWARE this shit goes on. They're obviously not going to be stupid to call it out publicly otherwise they risk the wrath of a fine from the NRL

Our win/loss record under any ref certainly has been atrocious the past decade and that's purely down to us being a bad team, a bottom 4 club. That's granted.

However in context of games, Sutton gives BS penalties. In one of the Good Friday games he sin binned JMK for "slowing down the ruck", it was harsh as fuck, the prick had no hesitation in doing that. Yet when souths were pinged for slowing down the ruck with 3 x six agains, what punishment to Sutton dish out? No sin bin, just a six again.

Just looking at an overall stat of win/loss of games or win/loss of penalty counts, is too simplistic to make a determination.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can't look at win/loss ratios like that and come to a determination. It's a very simple statistic to look at, with extremely little context. For example, Roosters used to have a tactic of giving away penalty after penalty to defend their line (which resulted in the 6 again rule), hence even though they lost the penalty count, they'd win the game.

Woods (last night on NRL360) spoke about refs evening up penalty counts at the end of games, so the players are AWARE this shit goes on. They're obviously not going to be stupid to call it out publicly otherwise they risk the wrath of a fine from the NRL

Our win/loss record under any ref certainly has been atrocious the past decade and that's purely down to us being a bad team, a bottom 4 club. That's granted.

However in context of games, Sutton gives BS penalties. In one of the Good Friday games he sin binned JMK for "slowing down the ruck", it was harsh as fuck, the prick had no hesitation in doing that. Yet when souths were pinged for slowing down the ruck with 3 x six agains, what punishment to Sutton dish out? No sin bin, just a six again.

Just looking at an overall stat of win/loss of games or win/loss of penalty counts, is too simplistic to make a determination.
So many variables hey. Like was penalty on first tackle of a seven tackle set, as opposed to a penalty on tackle four or five. Unless you watch the game and break it down completely, you’ll never know. One side gets pinned for an obstruction, yet the other doesn’t. It happens all the time.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mahoney's kick from dummy half last week was a ripper the chase was great too, i think he kicked it 25 out and we tackled them on thier 10 we need more of these from him and Burton haven't noticed much kicking from Hutch
Hutchison kicked 5 times, 1 forced a drop out, 1 bomb. 1 grubber and 2 cross field. In comparison Burton kicked 9 times and Mahoney kicked 4 times.

Always a Bulldog

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutchison kicked 5 times, 1 forced a drop out, 1 bomb. 1 grubber and 2 cross field. In comparison Burton kicked 9 times and Mahoney kicked 4 times.

Always a Bulldog
Thats pretty good sharing i'd say as long as CC makes sure they are the right type of kicks at the right time

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I did not know Blake Taaffe and Connor Tracey have a successful half’s five eight combination playing together in 2019. Very interesting!
Taffee and burto were successful junior blues halves to weren’t they?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Keep it tight and park the bus, look to nick it in the final 10mins. Then use the dark arts to run down the clock.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So many variables hey. Like was penalty on first tackle of a seven tackle set, as opposed to a penalty on tackle four or five. Unless you watch the game and break it down completely, you’ll never know. One side gets pinned for an obstruction, yet the other doesn’t. It happens all the time.
Yep. That game where JMK was sin binned, it was neck and neck up until that moment, we were holding our own. Sutton's decisions then blew it out of the water.

Most refs I'm going to go with a sub-conscious bias for the "better teams", as weaker teams do try and slow the pay ball down to try and even out their abilities, so more often than not, even a refs "hunch" is usually correct that there was indeed an infringement.

But in Sutton's case, I've seen enough from that prick, to straight out call him a cheat. He has his favourite teams (number 1 being Souths) and his hated teams (number 1 being us). and he refs accordingly the prick cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.