OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon we would have gained some confidence out of the Titans win and hopefully we can take that form into the Souths game. I think Kikau may be out so that will give an opportunity for another player to make a statement. Or perhaps they may just bring Knight back in with Poasa back. But I am hoping maybe another player may get a run like Patolo or Tetevano. Another agressive forward into the mix.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
If Kiks is out perfect opportunity to debut Kitone when the team is otherwise healthy and full of confidence.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve just looked at the complete schedule for this round.

Based on past knowledge, it is rare for a referee to do the same team 2 weeks in a row. The theory being having the same ref two weeks in a row gives that team a huge advantage with understanding his interpretations. I don't necessarily agree with that theory.

Therefore this week Klien probably won't referee Souths or Roosters, and Sutton probably won't referee Panthers or Broncos.

So Roosters v Panthers Will probably be Adam Gee.

Broncos v Cowboys, Will probably be Klien.

This leaves the other big high profile game which is our game against Souths. Won’t be Smith.

The logical fits are Atkins and unfortunately, Sutton.

Knowing how much the NRL seem to favor the "self confessed Pride of the League", and they would know of our diabolical record of about 12-15% since Good Friday 2015 under Sutton, the NRL won't want Souths at the bottom of the ladder for too long. Hope I’m wrong but I can see it happening.

A guy I play Golf with regularly is an avid Rabbits fan. He has highlighted to me when I have spoken about Sutton, that Souths have a very similar record under Atkins. So lets hope that Atkins gets the gig.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rabbits will get f***** dirtier the more we take it to them, expect Fatrell or Walker to put on a dirty blind side dog shot on one of our smaller blokes … it’s been good that we’ve been practising to stand up to the bullying last 3 weeks .. Doggies by 10 ..
Don't forget dirty Milne.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Injuries gonna play huge play in seasons hopes
Nathan Cleary out 4 weeks
Moses 8-10 weeks
Big Tino season

Can the injury cards fall
Our way to an unlikely title .
Dreams are free

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't forget dirty Milne.
Ciraldo has made discipline just as important as areas like defence and injury management.
Although Mahoney has sailed close to the wind a couple of times, only Kikau has been cited in 3 rounds.
This week will be a test as Souths often resort to niggle when under pressure.
Hopefully no-one takes the bait.
The Bulldogs are the superior side in this match-up and can easily beat these guys if they stick to the game plan.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Critta really needs to be on with he’s challenges. Could be make or break on that alone

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Was always going to happen. I could feel it. Sutton started off in the bad books as out of the top rung of referees, but with Ziggy, Gough etc having bad games has moved up into the top tier. When he is not refereeing us he isn't too bad. His face is annoying but he isnt too bad. When he referees us, in particular against souths its a biased shit show.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this exact game last year the souths were struggling as well. and then they smoked us by 40 and we played them into form. don’t do it again dogs for the love of god

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was always going to happen. I could feel it. Sutton started off in the bad books as out of the top rung of referees, but with Ziggy, Gough etc having bad games has moved up into the top tier. When he is not refereeing us he isn't too bad. His face is annoying but he isnt too bad. When he referees us, in particular against souths its a biased shit show.
I made a prediction earlier in this thread that Sutton was likely This week.Hardly surpassing how it panned out.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are the odds? Are Souths slight favorites?

Status
Not open for further replies.