Opinion Dip shit flanno worse then Lewis.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ahem.... Adam Elliott is a very good running forward. Apart from that, the cupboard is bare.
[/QUOt
I said "dynamic runner ..not "very good" :grinning:

He got enough ball off Flanno....but .... :grinning:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Runs hard and runs good lines. Was one of the few players to ask questions of the broncos defence yesterday. He’s definitely dynamic and one of our few players who could currently be considered a quality nrl standard player.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes roosters made him look good. If he was a rising young superstar 7 then would why have let him go? It does he need a better team around him to bring out the best in him.. we don’t actually have any of the answers for this right now. So we don’t know.!!!
My concern when we signed Flanno was that he was limited to set plays and premeditated passes at the Chooks rather than play what's in front of him and creating opportunities. Lam in his limited appearences last year outplayed Flanno so the Chooks let Flanno go. Still he is far better than Lewis and Wakeham. A great half has vision and doesn't need to be spoon fed on how to play or when/where to kick or pass. He should forget about throwing useless inside passes to a flat footed forward and repeating predictable block plays going nowhere. If you outnumber the opposition on one side of the field you are likely to score and that's when our FB and possibly centre from the far side have to pull their fingers out and get involved to create the overlap. A half can't do it by himself if his team mates are standing idle unless his name is Mortimer.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters got a exemption for their 17 year old

Yeah but they wouldnt be bringing a 17 year old into a team that is getting flogged to 0 every week, Would be stupid to bring in a potential future gun @ 17 into this team.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My concern when we signed Flanno was that he was limited to set plays and premeditated passes at the Chooks rather than play what's in front of him and creating opportunities. Lam in his limited appearences last year outplayed Flanno so the Chooks let Flanno go. Still he is far better than Lewis and Wakeham. A great half has vision and doesn't need to be spoon fed on how to play or when/where to kick or pass. He should forget about throwing useless inside passes to a flat footed forward and repeating predictable block plays going nowhere. If you outnumber the opposition on one side of the field you are likely to score and that's when our FB and possibly centre from the far side have to pull their fingers out and get involved to create the overlap. A half can't do it by himself if his team mates are standing idle unless his name is Mortimer.
Fair comment man.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair comment man.
I'm hoping the predictable block plays aren't coming from TB but left over bad habits from the Des/Pay era. In the Melbourne Riff match last Thursday during the scrum near the Riff's goal line the Melbourne FB drifted left to create an overlap when the ball was still in the scrum and Burton stayed still rather than follow him. Melbourne scored from the scrum win due to the FB creating a 2 on 1 situation. It's simple stuff like that creates line breaks and tries if the defence does not react in time. At the next scrum Burton shifted and followed his man so it's good to know that Burton has enough smarts to not make the same mistake twice.
From my take of TB press conference the team did not implement what they did in training because our attack is not based on the HB doing miracles plays all by himself. Other players did not do their part by getting/shifting into position, timing their runs etc so Flanno was made to look like shite.
I still have faith that TB is the coach to get us out of this mess based on what he did at the riff but it will take a fair time to win games regularly as most of the players in our team are crap. He either takes the safe option and continues with Desball/Payball of 5 hit ups and die on the last and defend for your life and lose 20 games by a few points which only masks the problems and there will never be any long term improvement or he entirely overhauls the team's attack and puts up with many painful losses along the way until the fundamentals that are lacking in our players become second nature when it eventually sinks into them. The better players will adapt quicker and will be re-signed and the ones who still can't improve will be released at the end of this year.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm hoping the predictable block plays aren't coming from TB but left over bad habits from the Des/Pay era. In the Melbourne Riff match last Thursday during the scrum near the Riff's goal line the Melbourne FB drifted left to create an overlap when the ball was still in the scrum and Burton stayed still rather than follow him. Melbourne scored from the scrum win due to the FB creating a 2 on 1 situation. It's simple stuff like that creates line breaks and tries if the defence does not react in time. At the next scrum Burton shifted and followed his man so it's good to know that Burton has enough smarts to not make the same mistake twice.
From my take of TB press conference the team did not implement what they did in training because our attack is not based on the HB doing miracles plays all by himself. Other players did not do their part by getting/shifting into position, timing their runs etc so Flanno was made to look like shite.
I still have faith that TB is the coach to get us out of this mess based on what he did at the riff but it will take a fair time to win games regularly as most of the players in our team are crap. He either takes the safe option and continues with Desball/Payball of 5 hit ups and die on the last and defend for your life and lose 20 games by a few points which only masks the problems and there will never be any long term improvement or he entirely overhauls the team's attack and puts up with many painful losses along the way until the fundamentals that are lacking in our players become second nature when it eventually sinks into them. The better players will adapt quicker and will be re-signed and the ones who still can't improve will be released at the end of this year.
That's what it seems like to me. Barrett wants the players to do one thing and the players seem to be going rogue and going against the gameplan and doing there own thing.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what it seems like to me. Barrett wants the players to do one thing and the players seem to be going rogue and going against the gameplan and doing there own thing.
Agree. I think under game pressure our players go back to Des/Pay ball as they lack the fitness and smarts to play like the way TB coached the riff's players. We have the dumbest and most unfit team in the comp and it takes more than one off season to get them into shape mentally and physically.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo is an absolute MYTH. As much as I hate to say it but Lewis needs to replace him immediately. Lewis can at least tackle front on and can kick long for us to help gain yardage. Avo has offered his teammates absolutely nothing in 3 weeks.

Meaney to fullback. Allan to wing. Hoppa to Mounties. Bring in Schoup or Alomoti to centre. Or maybe both if you also shift Cotric to wing. They cant do worse than Hoppa is.

All the above changes and we still haven't looked at the forwards yet. We've got so much deadwood. It's really depressing tbh.
Totally agree ass assin. Sorry could help myself....see my avatar..... but something needs to be done cotric cant pass. went to the game i could see meanies frustration he just wasnt getting the ball when he was supposed to. ended up playing fullback cause broncs were bombing allen a lot.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder which club flano will join in 2023 when BBO and Joesph O Neil are fighting it out for the right side

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At this stage, I think Lewis can carry out a game plan better than Averillo. I remember that Melbourne game in 2019 I think where we lost by 2 points.

Avo just doesn't look like a FG, he needs more time in reserves.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Totally agree ass assin. Sorry could help myself....see my avatar..... but something needs to be done cotric cant pass. went to the game i could see meanies frustration he just wasnt getting the ball when he was supposed to. ended up playing fullback cause broncs were bombing allen a lot.
Did Allen get hooked to the bench?

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Harsh on Flanagan.. forwards are getin dominated & arent rolling foward.. hooker and 5/8 adding zero in attack..
Yeah, I think Flanno is copping blame that he doesn't deserve but I used to say the same thing about Lewis. I do think Lewis need to come back in but at the expense of Hoppa. Lewis to 6 and and Avo to the centres. Someone needs to feed ox hearts to the forwards but I have a feeling Baz is already all over that with the forwards.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Flanno is copping blame that he doesn't deserve but I used to say the same thing about Lewis. I do think Lewis need to come back in but at the expense of Hoppa. Lewis to 6 and and Avo to the centres. Someone needs to feed ox hearts to the forwards but I have a feeling Baz is already all over that with the forwards.
Is Furner tough enough on them?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
When a team has 1 half it's not rocket science to know who to charge at. If he fails with Burton in the team then I will agree.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
exactly..yet another over the top reactionary thread going off far too soon, may be proved right in time and he isn't good enough but i am prepared to give him more time also, playing alongside Burton will be a far easier gig than the current set up(read shambles)and less expectation on him will be helpful too.