Did you guys know that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Trent Hodkinson and Kris Keating played together in the juniors?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...nite-at-bulldogs/story-e6frep5x-1225952275769

HEIR burgeoning careers have been intertwined since slaying rivals together for the Cabramatta Cobras under 15s.

They signed together with Parramatta as teenagers, won an SG Ball premiership and made their senior rep debuts as the City halves this year.

But after two years apart playing for Manly and Parramatta, Trent Hodkinson and Kris Keating can't wait to rekindle the partnership in Canterbury colours in 2011.

The schoolboy teammates were so close as teenagers they shared family holidays and Keating admits the lure of playing beside his mate was too good too refuse when the Dogs came hunting mid-season.

"It was a big factor in me signing, Trent being here," said Keating, following a Bulldogs training session. "When Trent went to Manly I didn't think we would play together again. I hoped we might in rep football, which we got the opportunity this year, but I thought that would be it, so now it's happened I'm pretty excited about that.

"Now I've just got to train hard and fight for my spot."

With Bulldogs general Brett Kimmorley retired, Hodkinson will be given first shot at the number 7 next season.

And though Keating faces a battle to unseat Ben Roberts for the number 6, their pair's combination shapes as a major bonus as the Dogs look to restore themselves as premiership contenders next year.

"Obviously we got a little taste of it, playing together in City-Country (this year) so it's good to be back playing with Cripply (Keating)," Hodkinson said. "We played a lot of junior footy together and know each other's games well, so it's a real positive."

Hodkinson said linking with Bulldogs assistant coach, Kimmorley, who he will work closely with, was another lure to the club.

"Having him here is massive," the 22-year-old said. "He shows up and you listen to Noddy because obviously he's been there and done it and it's a real positive having him on the coaching staff."

Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore said he was delighted at the depth in the halves for 2011.

"I think having plenty of quality, but also a number of blokes that can play various positions in your 6, 7 and 9 is really important," he said. "And with Hodkinson, Roberts and Keating and Ben Barba I think we're pretty well served with depth and quality."

It was all bright lights in the early days, Keating was taking us to GFs, hodko was not playing and now it has gone down the drain. What happened you might ask? We got rid of the Cabrammatta junior links.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Trent Hodkinson and Kris Keating played together in the juniors?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...nite-at-bulldogs/story-e6frep5x-1225952275769

HEIR burgeoning careers have been intertwined since slaying rivals together for the Cabramatta Cobras under 15s.

They signed together with Parramatta as teenagers, won an SG Ball premiership and made their senior rep debuts as the City halves this year.

But after two years apart playing for Manly and Parramatta, Trent Hodkinson and Kris Keating can't wait to rekindle the partnership in Canterbury colours in 2011.

The schoolboy teammates were so close as teenagers they shared family holidays and Keating admits the lure of playing beside his mate was too good too refuse when the Dogs came hunting mid-season.

"It was a big factor in me signing, Trent being here," said Keating, following a Bulldogs training session. "When Trent went to Manly I didn't think we would play together again. I hoped we might in rep football, which we got the opportunity this year, but I thought that would be it, so now it's happened I'm pretty excited about that.

"Now I've just got to train hard and fight for my spot."

With Bulldogs general Brett Kimmorley retired, Hodkinson will be given first shot at the number 7 next season.

And though Keating faces a battle to unseat Ben Roberts for the number 6, their pair's combination shapes as a major bonus as the Dogs look to restore themselves as premiership contenders next year.

"Obviously we got a little taste of it, playing together in City-Country (this year) so it's good to be back playing with Cripply (Keating)," Hodkinson said. "We played a lot of junior footy together and know each other's games well, so it's a real positive."

Hodkinson said linking with Bulldogs assistant coach, Kimmorley, who he will work closely with, was another lure to the club.

"Having him here is massive," the 22-year-old said. "He shows up and you listen to Noddy because obviously he's been there and done it and it's a real positive having him on the coaching staff."

Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore said he was delighted at the depth in the halves for 2011.

"I think having plenty of quality, but also a number of blokes that can play various positions in your 6, 7 and 9 is really important," he said. "And with Hodkinson, Roberts and Keating and Ben Barba I think we're pretty well served with depth and quality."

It was all bright lights in the early days, Keating was taking us to GFs, hodko was not playing and now it has gone down the drain. What happened you might ask? We got rid of the Cabrammatta junior links.
They also had Williams and Hayne and I think inu

sultanofsydney

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
and i think inu was in that crew as well could be wrong on that but

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you know out of all those names mentioned in this thread that Keating was rated the best talent among all of them as juniors and in high school.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeh they mentioned this last year during origin. T-rex played with them also and keating was apparently the best out of all of them during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.