Did Covid Naughty Boys Just Make Our Team Better Or Worse???

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all 5 of the Covid Naughty Boys get stood down this week, what's our line up???

Covid Naughty Boys - Sione Katoa, Waddell, Napa, Wakeham, Schoupp
Injured last week - Elliott & Smith

Baz would be absolutely ropable right now.

1. Meaney
2. Cotric
3. Hopoate
4. Allan
5. T. Katoa

6. Lewis OR Flanagan (depends on Baz wanting to shift Averillo from the right side)
7. Averillo

8. Hetherington
9. Marshall-King
10. Thompson
11. Atoni (will play middle with Jacko on the edge I think)
12. Doorey
13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. Seumanufagai
16. Ogden
17. Roumanos (although Baz will most likely go with Stimpson, I just like anyone otherthanStimpson)

So then, I pose this question

DID THE TEAM JUST GET BETTER OR WORSE???

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tui Katoa wasn’t involved so he will play it was Sione.

It’s pretty much even for mine Topine and Atoni are only positives. Flanagan has been terrible in reggies and Ramonous isn’t even close to a first grader.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It’s pretty much even for mine Topine and Atoni are only positives. Flanagan has been terrible in reggies and Ramonous isn’t even close to a first grader.
Thanks for the tip, on Triple M yesterday they said it was Tui.

That's even better.

I will amend my post now.

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we will be much better without these guys - funny how all bar 1 ( Schoupp) are the deadwood in the team!!

1. Meaney
2. Cotric
3. Hopoate
4. Schoupp - first warning hopefully
5. Okunbur is ready to come back apparently

6. Flanagan will be back
7. Averillo

8. Hetherington
9. Marshall-King
10. Thompson
11. Atoni - good move needs to play a running / passing game
12. Doorey
13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. Seumanufagai
16. Matterson - i don't mind this kid, with some time in first grade he might be better than his brother from what I've seen.
17. RFM - 90% chance of returning apparently

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we will be much better without these guys - funny how all bar 1 ( Schoupp) are the deadwood in the team!!

1. Meaney
2. Cotric
3. Hopoate

6. Flanagan will be back
7. Averillo

8. Hetherington
9. Marshall-King
10. Thompson
12. Doorey
13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. Seumanufagai
16. Matterson - i don't mind this kid, with some time in first grade he might be better than his brother from what I've seen.
If RFM is available that is huge.

Bob The Builder

Waterboy
Reaction score

Roumanos played 70min in the middle last week in cup. Made 40 tackles. He's only 21 years old.
How do u figure that.
Besides that I'm not saying he's a first grader but I'm sure he wouldn't look out of place.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roumanos played 70min in the middle last week in cup. Made 40 tackles. He's only 21 years old.
How do u figure that.
Besides that I'm not saying he's a first grader but I'm sure he wouldn't look out of place.
Been watching him for the 3 years he’s been here and has always looked off the pace in every grade he’s played. He had huge wraps when he arrived and he just doesn’t have what it takes for mine. He doesn’t bend the line with his runs, isn’t particularly dominant in defence and is sadly in the plodder category.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope theyre form in the pub is better that what they show on the field..

Bob The Builder

Waterboy
Reaction score
Been watching him for the 3 years he’s been here and has always looked off the pace in every grade he’s played. He had huge wraps when he arrived and he just doesn’t have what it takes for mine. He doesn’t bend the line with his runs, isn’t particularly dominant in defence and is sadly in the plodder category.
Wow..you really know your footy..your analysis is amazing.
Thank you for that.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

1. Meaney
2. Cotric
3. Hopoate

6. Flanagan will be back
7. Averillo

8. Hetherington
9. Marshall-King
10. Thompson
12. Doorey
13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. Seumanufagai
How are you Steven?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa and Sione off contract, Wakeham and Waddle fringe first graders only there due to numptiness of others, and Schoupp a youngster new to firsts that only got his chance through injury.

None of which should be so bloody stupid to get caught up breaking COVID rules.

And no, this isn’t an invite for Trumpies to respond with anti-vaxxer bullshit, it was an NRL protocol they were all expected to follow.

Apart from those returning from injury being short of a run, there will be minimal difference except maybe at HB if the Disney Prince gets a run

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard Michael Carayannis on radio yesterday - he said Napa is basically providing no value on the field and the least we should expect from him is to provide some leadership to the more junior guys that were with him.

I don't think any of them are a major loss and I don't think those coming in will be much better,

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon we will be better - hopefully some people step up stimpson and Britt might get another chance

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakheman missing will make our side worse - not that I rate Wakeham, but at least he does SFA on the field and lets Avo do his thing. Both the prince and Flanno think their gun 7s so they like to hog the ball and do SFA with it so that's going to have a negative impact on Avo and therefore the team

Schoup is also a big loss because it means Allen will be back. Fucking putrid signing.

The other plodders missing, especially Napa and Kotoa, will make us much stronger. As someone else said, it's a shame Hoppa didn't join them

Just counting down the days until this horrible season is over

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Having those players out could be the biggest blessing ever. Hasler knowing we have an even weaker side, will for sure rest Tommy turbo which gives us a tiny chance of an upset..

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all 5 of the Covid Naughty Boys get stood down this week, what's our line up???

Covid Naughty Boys - Sione Katoa, Waddell, Napa, Wakeham, Schoupp
Injured last week - Elliott & Smith

Baz would be absolutely ropable right now.

1. Meaney
2. Cotric
3. Hopoate
4. Allan
5. T. Katoa

6. Lewis OR Flanagan (depends on Baz wanting to shift Averillo from the right side)
7. Averillo

8. Hetherington
9. Marshall-King
10. Thompson
11. Atoni (will play middle with Jacko on the edge I think)
12. Doorey
13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. Seumanufagai
16. Ogden
17. Roumanos (although Baz will most likely go with Stimpson, I just like anyone otherthanStimpson)

So then, I pose this question

DID THE TEAM JUST GET BETTER OR WORSE???
Better

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We play Desball better than any other team. With Turbo Tom rested we will again relegate the ponies to the spoon position.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I heard Michael Carayannis on radio yesterday - he said Napa is basically providing no value on the field and the least we should expect from him is to provide some leadership to the more junior guys that were with him.

I don't think any of them are a major loss and I don't think those coming in will be much better,
Yeh I'm on the similar to slightly worse boat because of Flanno(i'd rather Lewis but bet Flanno gets a gig)and Ogden plus with Elliott out injured.
Napa the big powderpoof has been alright off the bench and Wakeham was more than ok for a half which is more than Kyle might offer..idk it doesn't really matter.