Did anyone go to the bulldogs member 10 and 15 year member event this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

Unbelievable... You know if they took 10% of what you spend on these stingy pricks just on membership a year and put it aside for every member every year, until they reach 10 years or 20 years etc.., and give them something special like a signed jersey to show them that they're appreciated, membership numbers will go through the roof! No idea how to genuinely appreciate their number 1 stakeholders!
Does the certificate come framed?
Actually it came loose in an envelope all crushed and bent

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Did I mention they also chucked in a flyer promoting bulldogs memberships ? That really said a lot. We were there as 10 yr members and they throw in their left over promo garbage without a second thought. I'm not sure I'll be renewing next year. Esp with some of the retention decisions

N

Natboy

Did I mention they also chucked in a flyer promoting bulldogs memberships ? That really said a lot. We were there as 10 yr members and they throw in their left over promo garbage without a second thought. I'm not sure I'll be renewing next year. Esp with some of the retention decisions
They just don't seem to get it do they.
I wonder if we aren't giving enough feedback or it's just falling on deaf ears

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was probably the only person that went LOL :D
Wrong! I flew down from Brisbane with my Wife and we had an absolute ball, spoke to the great man Des for the fist time in a couple of years (What a great Bloke he is) and Raelene was the perfect host.
Had a great time!

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrong! I flew down from Brisbane with my Wife and we had an absolute ball, spoke to the great man Des for the fist time in a couple of years (What a great Bloke he is) and Raelene was the perfect host.
Had a great time!
Did you get a pin too?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our family went and after a few false starts and time changes ( original email said 12-30 but that was changed to 11-30 a few days prior) we got through the gates and went upstairs to the Captain's bar ( think that is the name of it) Yeah a little show bag and a thank you for being there. Not much really forthcoming with information , only what we already knew, but the promise of a blood bath from the coach and players after a stellar captains run on Saturday. Was okay day, just a little different.

Sentiments regarding Josh Reynolds were expressed and if I can say this a lot of unhappy people made their opinion known. Discussion around that made up most of the questions. Someone though, made the comment that I would have made in that through all of the Reynolds saga our fans have stayed , shall we say more respectful than those from the Tigers who have continued, even though asked not to by their club , to be disrespectful of their departing players. I thought that it was very poor form in the game against us where they roundly booed those players before, during and after the game when to be truthful we have not done so to a player who is departing our club. Aaron Woods has not given up trying for the Tigers and I respect that and he has said he will continue to put in for the rest of the year, can't their fans ease up? Raelene did say that our club tends to be more respectful and it is something that they are proud of- after all we are the family club.

Spoke about the proposed good behaviour fund for each club and that salary cap discussions between the NRL, clubs and the RLPA were still ongoing.

There was a member from WA there, ironically the same day Souths and Melbourne played in that state. Asked if we were thinking of taking a proper premiership game over there but Raelene said we needed to be careful not to step on toes of clubs that have made it a regular thing. Will be however taking a trial to Orange next year, odd considering the Panthers have made it their own for a while now ( of course we know the council there puts in a bit of money to make that happen)

The upgraded seats on level 2 ( available only to the first 140!!! - were not that many there though) were okay for a while but believe it or not still damn Rorters fans in close proximity to an area ( directly across the aisle though two snuck in right down the front of us in our area) that was touted as upgraded seating for our ten + year members. We went back to our usual seats at full time in the U20's to watch first grade.

Got split into two groups for the tour.

Our 'dressing room tour' was a warm up by the U20's and some wag made the comment that we were probably putting them off and it would affect their game. Bingo!!

Were restricted to the outside grass areas of the field after being told we could actually go onto the ground proper but the ANZ mob said no..something about preserving the surface for the soccer. Had a group picture taken behind the goal posts and ended up right at the back. Hubby did get to have a go on the stationery bike though and we had a seat on the bench.

Qld Dog was there eh??

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got there 11:30. Got through the gates by 12:30 due to everyone's name being checked off a list by 1 person and then all the people with bags having to be checked separately by 1 person again. Got up to members bar listen to Rae talk it up. Usual stuff. Thanking the members etc which was nice. Got a little show bag with poster, 10 year pin, water and soft bulldogs ball. Rae apologies for lateness and answers a few questions.

Get taken down to the field for a photo.

Get taken into warm up area to watch under 20s warm up with tackle bags.

Went home.

What more can I say. The pin was a nice touch.
Who sits in my seat now ? Lol do you miss me..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our family went and after a few false starts and time changes ( original email said 12-30 but that was changed to 11-30 a few days prior) we got through the gates and went upstairs to the Captain's bar ( think that is the name of it) Yeah a little show bag and a thank you for being there. Not much really forthcoming with information , only what we already knew, but the promise of a blood bath from the coach and players after a stellar captains run on Saturday. Was okay day, just a little different.

Sentiments regarding Josh Reynolds were expressed and if I can say this a lot of unhappy people made their opinion known. Discussion around that made up most of the questions. Someone though, made the comment that I would have made in that through all of the Reynolds saga our fans have stayed , shall we say more respectful than those from the Tigers who have continued, even though asked not to by their club , to be disrespectful of their departing players. I thought that it was very poor form in the game against us where they roundly booed those players before, during and after the game when to be truthful we have not done so to a player who is departing our club. Aaron Woods has not given up trying for the Tigers and I respect that and he has said he will continue to put in for the rest of the year, can't their fans ease up? Raelene did say that our club tends to be more respectful and it is something that they are proud of- after all we are the family club.

Spoke about the proposed good behaviour fund for each club and that salary cap discussions between the NRL, clubs and the RLPA were still ongoing.

There was a member from WA there, ironically the same day Souths and Melbourne played in that state. Asked if we were thinking of taking a proper premiership game over there but Raelene said we needed to be careful not to step on toes of clubs that have made it a regular thing. Will be however taking a trial to Orange next year, odd considering the Panthers have made it their own for a while now ( of course we know the council there puts in a bit of money to make that happen)

The upgraded seats on level 2 ( available only to the first 140!!! - were not that many there though) were okay for a while but believe it or not still damn Rorters fans in close proximity to an area ( directly across the aisle though two snuck in right down the front of us in our area) that was touted as upgraded seating for our ten + year members. We went back to our usual seats at full time in the U20's to watch first grade.

Got split into two groups for the tour.

Our 'dressing room tour' was a warm up by the U20's and some wag made the comment that we were probably putting them off and it would affect their game. Bingo!!

Were restricted to the outside grass areas of the field after being told we could actually go onto the ground proper but the ANZ mob said no..something about preserving the surface for the soccer. Had a group picture taken behind the goal posts and ended up right at the back. Hubby did get to have a go on the stationery bike though and we had a seat on the bench.

Qld Dog was there eh??
Woods and Tedesco at least had the decency to see out the season with the Tigers. For that reason, booing them was just disrespectful, however, no issue with booing a bloke like Mitch Moses who not only started the ball rolling by announcing his intention to leave, but didn't have the decency to stick it out for the embattled club, instead, wants to link up with the Eels for a "second chance saloon" at finals football.

We shouldn't forget we booed the cr@p out of SBW & Mason, but they jumped ship in poor circumstances by walking out (literally) and absolutely deserved it.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Castle mention she was resigning on the tour?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
no issue with booing a bloke like Mitch Moses who not only started the ball rolling by announcing his intention to leave, but didn't have the decency to stick it out for the embattled club, instead, wants to link up with the Eels for a "second chance saloon" at finals football.
From what Benny Elias was saying on NRL 360, it really sounds like he is acting like a spoilt little brat after the Tigers said they were prioritising the other "big 4" players over him.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Who sits in my seat now ? Lol do you miss me..
No one sits there anymore and there's a gold plated plaque in your honour. Says: Here once sat the honourable Indian from Calabria G DOG ROTA!!!!! Hahaha. Come back fk ya! Can't you see what you're missing out on ?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one sits there anymore and there's a gold plated plaque in your honour. Says: Here once sat the honourable Indian from Calabria G DOG ROTA!!!!! Hahaha. Come back fk ya! Can't you see what you're missing out on ?
I will not become a member again till des is gone..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did Castle mention she was resigning on the tour?
No, but she was shall we say a little distant early on. Chatted with her for a good 5-10 minutes about the club and off field things and she was happy to answer questions and talk but did seem a little quiet. Stood up the back with a few of us while Ross Smart spoke.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Woods and Tedesco at least had the decency to see out the season with the Tigers. For that reason, booing them was just disrespectful, however, no issue with booing a bloke like Mitch Moses who not only started the ball rolling by announcing his intention to leave, but didn't have the decency to stick it out for the embattled club, instead, wants to link up with the Eels for a "second chance saloon" at finals football.

We shouldn't forget we booed the cr@p out of SBW & Mason, but they jumped ship in poor circumstances by walking out (literally) and absolutely deserved it.

Exactly and Woods is still putting in for the Tigers. Moses behaved like a spoilt brat and just like one took his bat and ball and left.

I booed SBW when he turned out for the Rorters , likewise Mason but not while they were at our club ( although with SBNW probably would have if he had not just left like a thief in the night.) Never booed a player whilst he was wearing the Dogs jersey....

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
After 10+ years worth of money spent on memberships here is a shitty little pin that would've been made for less than 1 dollar. Bloody joke tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.