Status
Not open for further replies.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Who are the Walters brothers?

If you are going to start naming potential coaches at least make sure they exist!
Walker brothers. Im sure you figured that out already...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Must be a top 8 clause in place, otherwise it would be idiotic to sack Hasler.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
What's the bet dib let's Hasler keep his job. In all honesty Dib is absolutely useless and I just wish the bloke would piss off already.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He was at the dragons from 09-11. 2 minor prems and a prem. Transformed the club into a powerhouse immediately..deserves full credit. Left and they went back to being 2nd tier club. Went to the knights and did a pretty good job until unforeseen circumstances halted their momentum. Your blaming him for what happened to clubs after he left them..I don't get this. Its not his job to sure up a place after he leaves..you can only judge him on his time spent at a club.
And I didn't mention Des at all.
2009 was the year that Soward took a dive and cost us the minor premiership. They went out in straight sets that year. Yes they won 2010 when Storm was kicked out of the comp. 2011 out in straight sets again. Signs with Knights at the beginning of 2011 season then sets about recruiting 4 (then) current dragons players to go with him decimating the Dragons for the next year and shoring up his position at the knights. Has a 45% winning average in 3 years with the Knights before running back to the Broncos because his nemesis sold his shares in the team, leaving the Knights with a salary cap problem that makes ours looks like a kid with his fingers in the lolly jar. I takes the Knights years to get their cap back under control. Meanwhile Brown, who actually set up the Dragons so Bennett could claim the credit, comes to the Knights and gets them playing some of the most attractive footy of any team in the comp with a mob of 20 year olds. They've gone broke but with chewing gum and string Brown has cobbled together a team that now, with the funds available due to Wests buying them a couple of weeks ago, will have a number of outstanding players coming in to add experience and skill to the young team. I think Brown demonstrates all of the qualities to be one of the best coaches ever and he will do it by building a team not inheriting one or stealing from somewhere else.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2009 was the year that Soward took a dive and cost us the minor premiership. They went out in straight sets that year. Yes they won 2010 when Storm was kicked out of the comp. 2011 out in straight sets again. Signs with Knights at the beginning of 2011 season then sets about recruiting 4 (then) current dragons players to go with him decimating the Dragons for the next year and shoring up his position at the knights. Has a 45% winning average in 3 years with the Knights before running back to the Broncos because his nemesis sold his shares in the team, leaving the Knights with a salary cap problem that makes ours looks like a kid with his fingers in the lolly jar. I takes the Knights years to get their cap back under control. Meanwhile Brown, who actually set up the Dragons so Bennett could claim the credit, comes to the Knights and gets them playing some of the most attractive footy of any team in the comp with a mob of 20 year olds. They've gone broke but with chewing gum and string Brown has cobbled together a team that now, with the funds available due to Wests buying them a couple of weeks ago, will have a number of outstanding players coming in to add experience and skill to the young team. I think Brown demonstrates all of the qualities to be one of the best coaches ever and he will do it by building a team not inheriting one or stealing from somewhere else.
Mate, fantastic post. I do not always agree with some of the things you say but I do here.

Nathan Brown was never my cup of tea as a player but he has matured as a coach ( going a long way from the face slapping incident in 2003) and although the Knights have had very minimal success over the past few years he has managed to at least get them to put in an effort and with at times pretty limited cattle at his disposal. They have recruited well for next year and signed up a fair few of their up and coming players; they may not be a challenger for the premiership trophy, but will build towards being a far better outfit.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Im not guna bother arguing with you. Ive already explained why Bennett is clearly on another planet to brown. Lets agree to disagree.

The part in bald made me laugh out loud.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not guna bother arguing with you. Ive already explained why Bennett is clearly on another planet to brown. Lets agree to disagree.

The part in bald made me laugh out loud.
Not as much as the bolded part.....

Status
Not open for further replies.