Deserve an explanation much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Not neccesarily. If he has a bad attitude towards training and playing, his form will be sh*t house.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Not neccesarily. If he has a bad attitude towards training and playing, his form will be sh*t house.
ahhh, u see i was thinking folkes was seeing something else. its obvious his form is better now, so if u say its that attitude u were talking about, he would be back in the side.

i think he is referring to something else when he is talking about bad attitude.

aVerage

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
folkes is just very smart... hes puttin the pressure on sherwin, letting him know that hes gotta be at 100% if he wants to play first grade.. im sure he'd rather have no sherwin in first grade ta the begginin of the season, then at the business end of the season..

put pressure on sherwin to play his BEST footy n not GOOD or AVERAGE footy

at the same time, hes givin roberts a chance to prove himself as a firts grader, keeping him happy that hes gettin first grade experience..

thats wat i rekon neway

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
folkes is just very smart... hes puttin the pressure on sherwin, letting him know that hes gotta be at 100% if he wants to play first grade.. im sure he'd rather have no sherwin in first grade ta the begginin of the season, then at the business end of the season..

put pressure on sherwin to play his BEST footy n not GOOD or AVERAGE footy

at the same time, hes givin roberts a chance to prove himself as a firts grader, keeping him happy that hes gettin first grade experience..

thats wat i rekon neway
excellent assessment, and i think that's what everyone here is now concluding.

however at the cost of losing games, i don't think its worth the gamble. imagine if we missed the finals by one game.

i really hope we win on friday!

Doggee71

Waterboy
Reaction score
i heard folkes on fox say that sherwin was disappointing and un-motivated through sherwins own words (due to personal problems)..during the off season. And this was the reason for droping sherwin too PL...but the performance of the man in his PL matches and roberts lack there of.....warrants him being given a go sonner than later..

imo sherwin should be put back in....if he fails to perform etc etc etc...then drop him.....(i very much doubt this would happen but)...

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
excellent assessment, and i think that's what everyone here is now concluding.

however at the cost of losing games, i don't think its worth the gamble. imagine if we missed the finals by one game.
i really hope we win on friday!
to be honest, thats what im really worried about also, i dont mind roberts there as long as he provides a decent kicking game and he needs to offer more direction in the game, i dont think we will see a turn around within a week but hopefully im wrong
regarding this weeks game, i think it will be a 50/50 game, hope we win!

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
i think many people would question folkes's choice, to keep roberts over sherwin, but at the end of the day, whatever the coach says goes
this might sound dumb, but since i thought about it, im going to say it, i think the best way to get a good peformance from ben this week, is just to simply send him a fan mail, you can guide him on what he can do, in order to improve his peformance, or simply send him a message of support, (i think the players will take into consideration what the fans have to tell them.) thats why i think the fan mail is a really good idea.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly Shifty isnt close to the best halfback

Thurston would rip him apart, but back in 04 when Thurston was a rookie, he didn't get that many chances and eventually he left the doggies and is now one of the best halfbacks if not the best. Perhaps folkes is aiming for that; Train up Roberts, because he see's talent.

Still i dont know WHY Folke's persists in using Roberts for such a crucial match

Not only are we in the bottom half, we are facing a team in the top 4 and letting them win would only make it harder for us to catch up.

Now if we won the past 3 games, and we were facing Canberra or some other team without big names then yes i'd understand why he would use Roberts.

Hell it'd be fine if he used Roberts in the SOO time, when most of our forward pack is gone and we might be lacking anyway, so let the youngsters shine.

Roberts didnt make an impact like Williams did when he played in rd1 04.

Seriously i dont understand this unless there is a late change being made.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
While not the best halfback package, he definitely has the best short kicking game in the game when he's on song.

The Shifty/Hazem act was simply breathtaking ....

And his kicking game won us a premiership.

H

Hazmak

There will be no changes until either sherwin leaves, or folkes leaves.

there is DEFINITELY a personal problem between the two

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
There will be no changes until either sherwin leaves, or folkes leaves.

there is DEFINITELY a personal problem between the two
don't say that, we are all hoping shifty will be back

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Finals round 1 against canberra made me understand Sherwin was extremely able at kicking.

Along with the ability for him to shoot field goals.

Thing is, he doesnt have the razzle dazzle like Thurston or the elite passing skills like marshall or Johns

His solid and excellent when consistent, although even down on form he'd be better than Roberts.

Sherwin doesnt need to be amazing to win us big games, i learnt that much from last year.

Expected a lot more from Roberts, i was probably hoping for a Thurston like halfback who would surpass Shifty by a fair bit.

H

Hazmak

Is there a means of writing to the club and that letter getting to Steve Folkes before Friday night?

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
That Finals round 1 against canberra made me understand Sherwin was extremely able at kicking.

Along with the ability for him to shoot field goals.

Thing is, he doesnt have the razzle dazzle like Thurston or the elite passing skills like marshall or Johns

His solid and excellent when consistent, although even down on form he'd be better than Roberts.

Sherwin doesnt need to be amazing to win us big games, i learnt that much from last year.

Expected a lot more from Roberts, i was probably hoping for a Thurston like halfback who would surpass Shifty by a fair bit.
Very good points made. It was clearly outlined that Sherwin's directional abilities do enough for our team to be sucessful. We have enough quality players in positions around shifty to cover up for his lacklustre performances, but it is his directional play will allows this.

How good was he against Canberra? And against the Broncos in the first half? If anything, I'd say he was back to his best. He really was dynamic and unstoppable.

Roberts should be on the bench ffs..

Something is definitely wrong here. We need an explanation, or to have Shifty brought back into the team..

cljunior said:
While not the best halfback package, he definitely has the best short kicking game in the game when he's on song.

The Shifty/Hazem act was simply breathtaking ....

And his kicking game won us a premiership.
Exactly...

Status
Not open for further replies.