Deserve an explanation much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushwhaked

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No it doesn't and i hope it won't. But should it happen, we are screwed :grinning:
I agree - it was sad hearing the commentators on the radio continually saying how bad our direction and last play options were. All we can do is hope it helps in the long run.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
However, continuous knocking back of Shifty to make FG, surely can't do his confidence any good. If he ever makes it back, he must think one knock on and he'll be back in PL.
i agree...i mean sherwin would be thinkin that it would only take one mistake during the whole 80 mins imo i think he'd be hesitate and reserved and he wont step up for us and he wont do what he does well

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
until sherwin comes back i think were gonna struggle to get over the line...im not saying that we cant its just gonna be very difficult imo

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
even commentators on the weekend said that doesnt look good for Roberts as he probably didnt do enough to keep his spot, he also came off with 20 minutes to go

still baffed why he was given another chance??? unless folkes makes a late change...

how about picking one of the thousands in the crowd in the 18 jersey??? :p

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i would like to know tbh..
why punish the whole team by leaving roberts in :p

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
even commentators on the weekend said that doesnt look good for Roberts as he probably didnt do enough to keep his spot, he also came off with 20 minutes to go

still baffed why he was given another chance??? unless folkes makes a late change...

how about picking one of the thousands in the crowd in the 18 jersey??? :p
lol that sounds like a good idea:grinning:

J-H13

Kennel Established
Reaction score
roberts has to get somthing going on man...we have been so flat,no depth...he needs some decoy plays and some run arounds becasue its just our fowards getting us over the advantage line and we cant keep doing that...look who he has outside of him..tonga and millard..i know for a fact if he gets these guys in some room they will do damage...i want shewrin back but it looks like he wont be back any time soon..so we just gotta stick wit roberts..THINK son start running around the field soughting out and directing your fuking team man!!!

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
I agree - it was sad hearing the commentators on the radio continually saying how bad our direction and last play options were. All we can do is hope it helps in the long run.
i didn't hear that. although it was hard to see from where i was sitting, our direction looked downright poor. especially first half, where we should have scored more points for sure with all that possesion on their line.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
roberts has to get somthing going on man...we have been so flat,no depth...he needs some decoy plays and some run arounds becasue its just our fowards getting us over the advantage line and we cant keep doing that...look who he has outside of him..tonga and millard..i know for a fact if he gets these guys in some room they will do damage...i want shewrin back but it looks like he wont be back any time soon..so we just gotta stick wit roberts..THINK son start running around the field soughting out and directing your fuking team man!!!
maybe he should ask Shifty for some tips :grinning:

H

Haztrick

Roberts has done nothing wrong. He is a fine young player, but lacks a short kicking game, but hey, so does DJ.

I don't see people whinging about Holdsworth..

Shifty will add some attacking depth on the last that Roberts and DJ both lack.

Obviously Folkes is persisting with something and hopefully it pays off.

J-H13

Kennel Established
Reaction score
maybe he should ask Shifty for some tips :grinning:
maybe he should man becasue we cant afford to loose any more games...he needs to step up and we say this every week...i hate saying it becasue he doesnt but if he uses the ball more he can get somewhere this week!!

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Roberts has done nothing wrong. He is a fine young player, but lacks a short kicking game, but hey, so does DJ.

I don't see people whinging about Holdsworth..

Shifty will add some attacking depth on the last that Roberts and DJ both lack.

Obviously Folkes is persisting with something and hopefully it pays off.
FFS, you are so vague and tow the line sometimes. Sure we all hope it pays off too, but you don't want to know why Sherwin is not in the team?

You said it yourself, Roberts is not a halfback. So you agree with him at halfback all of a sudden?

Holdsworth is a running 5/8th, that's his job, he does so well at it, but can't now and so much pressure has been put on him because Roberts can't direct the team. That is why we aren't complaining about him.

J-H13

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FFS, you are so vague and tow the line sometimes. Sure we all hope it pays off too, but you don't want to know why Sherwin is not in the team?

You said it yourself, Roberts is not a halfback. So you agree with him at halfback all of a sudden?

Holdsworth is a running 5/8th, that's his job, he does so well at it, but can't now and so much pressure has been put on him because Roberts can't direct the team. That is why we aren't complaining about him.
AMEN to that!!

H

Haztrick

What I agree with is that Shifty should be back at halfback.

BUT...

Roberts is a good player. He deserves to be in the 17 somewhere, probably off the bench to play hooker.

Folkes keeps persisting with McIlwain as a hooker, so I don't know what the go is there.

And to answer your question, No, I don't want an explanation from a premiership winning coach. I have faith in Folkesy and his decisions. Just because we want Shifty at halfback doesn't mean much. Folkes is the coach and obviously he has faith in Benny at halfback and is willing to give him his chance

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
No, I don't want an explanation from a premiership winning coach.
That's good to know that you are not curious as to why.

You strongly think that Sherwin should be in the side, and have no idea why he is not, yet you are not curious why your thoughts and beliefs are not happening.

FFS. no offense to you, but you need to grow a backbone and question things in life man. it will do u good. you're not part of a cult! you don't have to agree with everything Folkes is doing.

J-H13

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i just dont understand why sherwin isnt back...im so confused about this man!!

H

Haztrick

That's good to know that you are not curious as to why.

You strongly think that Sherwin should be in the side, and have no idea why he is not, yet you are not curious why your thoughts and beliefs are not happening.

FFS. no offense to you, but you need to grow a backbone and question things in life man. it will do u good. you're not part of a cult! you don't have to agree with everything Folkes is doing.
Just because I don't question the coach doesn't mean I don't wonder. Of course I wonder why he hasn't included Sherwin, but there's no point whinging that a team you want fielded isn't going to happen.

Like I keep saying, I trust Folkesy. That doesn't necessarily mean I don't wonder why he hasn't made certain changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.