Deserve an explanation much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Are we all blind? Or are we missing something very important that we haven't seen? Because obviously something is not right.

This is not another thread to discuss should Sherwin be back in the side. I just wonder if there is something else going on. Don't u think Folkes could come out and say something to let us in on the secret?

Sherwin is my favourite player, i don't deny that. I'm allowed to have a favourite. Folkes says he has to prove himself in PL, his reasoning for him not returning last week, was because he thought that Roberts deserved another chance, even though he probably had the worst game of his life against the Panthers.

Fair enough, chance given. This past weekend, Sherwin proves himself in PL, he set up or had a hand in 4 or 5 tries! Sure its PL, but I don't remember Roberts winning us games in PL last year like that, or having as much influence on a PL game as Shifty did. Roberts has an ok game I spose against the Titans, but not as a halfback! Our attack was again hopeless, relying on forwards bashing over the line, no direction from the team whatsoever!

Last year we had the same situation, this forum was split as to whether Sherwin should have stayed in PL. This year, even the staunchest of Roberts fans have said they believe Sherwin should be in the team. What is Folkes seeing that we are not?

PLEASE EXPLAIN! I think some kind of statement for us fans would be wonderful. I don't buy the whole he has to prove himself theory anymore, in most people's eyes, he has already done so.

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
roberts is folkes adopted son...lol...oh **** ive let u in 2 much info

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
MAYBE he feels Sherwin is still down on form? MAYBE.

I would like to have Sherwin back too but clearly he sees something we don't.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
MAYBE he feels Sherwin is still down on form? MAYBE.

I would like to have Sherwin back too but clearly he sees something we don't.
Is it too much for him to come out and tell us what that 'something' is?

Or is that asking too much?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
cljunior said:
Is it too much for him to come out and tell us what that 'something' is?

Or is that asking too much?
As much as I would like an explanation too, where would it stop though?

Would he then have to explain his every move/decision to keep everyone satisfied?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i agree that we should be given some kind of statement cause im not seeing what folkes is seeing...i just think that roberts has had his chances to prove himself in first grade and he hasnt played too well....i just think its about time sherwin is bought back into the first grade side cause right now we have no direction and in my opinion a lack of creativity which is what i believe sherwin brings to thhis team

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright the bit i dont understand is

Sherwin is their to gain some confidence... how is watching a halfback who can't kick or lead a team around replacing him increase his confidence?

Even an out of form Sherwin can still manipulate a game better than Roberts

Nate

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't Folkes want to leave Shifty in Premier League for a longer period of time before he gets bought back. He said something like that, wanting Sherwin to play well consistently over a number of weeks instead of having a couple of good games and a couple of bad ones. I read that in an article somewhere I think.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score

Would he then have to explain his every move/decision to keep everyone satisfied?
i dont think its for every decision but in this situation i think we do deserve one...roberts has been given chances to show us what his made of and tbh he hasnt had very good games at all and i still dont see sherwin in the line up

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score

No i agree with you on that. But this is a major decision.

For example if on the Kangaroo tour, Ricky Stuart decides to drop a fully fit Lockyer, he would have to explain himself why wouldn't he?

Surely 99% of fans on this forum can't be mistaken, surely we are not all wrong.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Didn't Folkes want to leave Shifty in Premier League for a longer period of time before he gets bought back. He said something like that, wanting Sherwin to play well consistently over a number of weeks instead of having a couple of good games and a couple of bad ones. I read that in an article somewhere I think.
He's done that.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i personally dont think that we are asking too much are we???

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DoGgIeS_4_LyF said:
i dont think its for every decision but in this situation i think we do deserve one...roberts has been given chances to show us what his made of and tbh he hasnt had very good games at all and i still dont see sherwin in the line up
Example:

"You gave us an explanation about Sherwin, what about the Willie Mason saga? or the Andrew Ryan saga? or the Luke Patten saga? etc...."

Get what I mean?

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
yeah, i think this is a special case....

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Don't forget, Sherwin wasn't dropped on form. He was injured pre-season.

So when he is fit, shouldn't he be automatically put back in the team if he is better than the incumbent halfback?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
for mine...i just want to be told why after these first few rounds is roberts still there when he hasnt really done much

Status
Not open for further replies.