Des on Sam Perret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Geewiz, Des got a bit anxious and upset when he was asked Perret was the weak link in the team.

He ended the conference there and then, didnt like it one bit.

Comment.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He loves his players and will defend them at every opportunity. Jack Gibson coached like this.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As it should be..he defends his players..and that is why players have alot of respect for him

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as I agree with the reporter you cant expect a coach to trash his players in front of the media it would only bring bad morale and give the journos something to stew on for weeks.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I agree with the reporter you cant expect a coach to trash his players in front of the media it would only bring bad morale and give the journos something to stew on for weeks.

It wasnt like Des defended sam, he said to the reporter that he was wrong and sammy had a great game which is outright a biggest joke from Des.

He could have said along the lines that yes it was a one off game from Sammy but he is our best option or he misread the play, no big dealor some shiit like that but going off the tangent and saying he had a great game and the reporter must be watching a different game is a bit disrespectful from Des.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes mate, true but I can already see the newspaper headlines tomorrow as they play it up for all it is worth. 'Des defends his weakest link, walks out of press conference in anger' or something similar. Never seen him as defensive and angry after a question from a reporter as tonight.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair, I think only the first Oates try was Sammies fault. The second one was a great pass from Boyd and could have fooled any defensive line.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh I wasn't watching the game but was reading the spoilers thread. I just finished watching the game in replay.

I'm not defending him but I thought it must have been his worst performance from the spoilers thread. First try was his fault, second would be very hard to defend. He did do a few good things eg very good take when the game was on the line in the last few minutes.

Even if he played the worst game ever I wouldn't expect the coach to say anything to the media. Those things get handled behind closed doors. Anyone expecting a coach to feed the media has nfi.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
perrett did well, scored a key try in the game from a nothing situation and made the big plays at the end, nice kick take and shut down the 2 on 1 both match saving plays

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Perrett played well, the first try was a misread, but it was more than SAMs fault, that entire right edge was short.. I'd much prefer a team scores outside a winger than infield ala RTS last week...

Scored a great try, had some good dummy scoots and was safe under the high ball...

Of course des is going to disagree with a reporter saying he had a weak game- what did the reporter expect...

Good work by the boys, looked strong running straight, a few brilliant line breaks tonight.. Hopefully it's us building to something special!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
perrett did well, scored a key try in the game from a nothing situation and made the big plays at the end, nice kick take and shut down the 2 on 1 both match saving plays
You must be over the moon that Lichaa is injured.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It wasnt like Des defended sam, he said to the reporter that he was wrong and sammy had a great game which is outright a biggest joke from Des.

He could have said along the lines that yes it was a one off game from Sammy but he is our best option or he misread the play, no big dealor some shiit like that but going off the tangent and saying he had a great game and the reporter must be watching a different game is a bit disrespectful from Des.

Sammy Perrett has come in for a bit of flak on this site. As it happens, his contribution to our sides win tonight was substantial - I wish you and the other
Perrett bashers on this site would go and bash your tool as much as Sammy - you might achieve better success in that !

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defend them in public

Blast them in private

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You must be over the moon that Lichaa is injured.
no we put all the eggs into the one hooker basket so this is the last thing we need, just like what happened with ennis last year before the GF

thats unless there is someone happening in reserve grade/u20 that im unaware of

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think this is des haslers problem. His loyalty to his players borderd upon gayness to be honest.

He needs to learn when to drop and when to reward.

His 'man management' is based on 'youll never get dropped' which is not the right way

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sammy Perrett has come in for a bit of flak on this site. As it happens, his contribution to our sides win tonight was substantial - I wish you and the other
Perrett bashers on this site would go and bash your tool as much as Sammy - you might achieve better success in that !
no need to go full retard.

if you cared to read my initial post, i said Des didnt have to tell the reporter that he was watching a different game and he was wrong and Sam had a a great game ,which obviously wasnt a GREAT game from Sammy....There was another, better and polite way to respond to a reporter who asked a genuine question.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that you lloyd?

Status
Not open for further replies.