Des is doing to Frawley what he did to Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry , too many spastics plays in the game tonight.

the one i was referring to when Frawley kicked on the first tackle to the left ...that stupid play was Des's great plan to score in the corner. lol
For fucks sake, a coach calls a set play. The halfback sees what's in front of him, if the play wasn't on which Frawley should have seen, don't kick the fucking ball. Do you know what an audible is in NFL, it's when the play maker changes the set play on the fly based on what he sees from the defence. That's what halfbacks like Thurston and Cronk do, they will still run set plays that the coach designs but they can change the play based on what is in front of them. How is it this difficult to understand for you?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just looked like the same old Frawley from Nsw cup tbh.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The club should have put a media ban on him. Far too many articles in the past few weeks which would have added more pressure to him.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I had little interest in the game but was interested in how Frawley went & no I'm not one who jazzed everywhere over his last few games I was impressed but wasn't counting chickens........ what I saw today was Frawley got a lot of shitty ball either from Mbye or from a forward (and I think once from Reynolds who was trapped on the last) and the defence was on him almost at the same time he got the ball putting him under pressure....we seemed to be back to clunky plays and forwards in the way, also thought James Graham went missing big time today? his stats still look good though....just never noticed him?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
and he's doing to RFM what he did to Perrett it seems. 18th man all the time.

Frawley got choked out of todays game. Let the man organise and we have a different side.

Let other players get in his way and we produce this.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Frawley put up more useless bombs today than in his first three games. That tactic is rubbish. The bomb has two problems, firstly it is generally too deep and secondly it is end over end. We need to put up Cleary type bombs that are hard to take.

Hasler only concentrates on where the play finishes and is not interested in anything that could be innovative.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah are you giving Frawley too much credit though?
He has played well but not today.
Personally I don't think he is good enough to build a team around and challenge for the premiership.
I am hoping Foran does sign with Canterbury & maybe the team will be in a position to do that!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just looked like the same old Frawley from Nsw cup tbh.
Couldn't agree more - he has been playing in NSW Cup in 2015 and 2016 and been pretty much like he was today. Long term WE NEED A QUALITY HALF and Frawley isn't one - not saying that based on today but based on his previous two years in NSW Cup.

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
YEAH COME ON FRAWLEY HAD A SHOCKER,THAT BOMB WHERE THE PLAYER JUST STOPS AND TRIES TO WEIGHT THE KICK AND IT DOES NOTHING,BRENKO LEE LOOKS A LITTLE LIKE WILLIE MASON,BUT I AM STILL PRETTY HAPPY WITH OUR CURRENT SIDE,ESPECIALLY REYNOLDS GRUB(BERS) WE JUST NEED A TALENTED HALFBACK WITH AN ACE KICKING GAME WHO DOESNT BOMB PRAYERS

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
He just had a quieter game than his previous stellar performances (for a rookie debutant). Some of his kicks were good, still more than games without him at half. Frawley has a quiet game, and hes still a better half than Mbye. I doubt Des told him or Cook to play differently
I disagree. Why was the ball always going to Reynolds? Reynolds putting most the kicks in. Des is a shit **** and a career destroyer.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dont know... I watched the kid in the nines and he was fucking shit and struggled to pass left to right... then he suprised me with his last few games. Today he was asshole, but hes only a rookie, cant be red hot every week... Maybe if Des settled on the spine he would settle into his role.... Hard though planting him on the left when that will be Forans territory soon.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and he's doing to RFM what he did to Perrett it seems. 18th man all the time.

Frawley got choked out of todays game. Let the man organise and we have a different side.

Let other players get in his way and we produce this.
think this was Mbye... I think the weeks events gave him the shits.... after Frawley came on Mbye sent the ball to Reynolds more than Frawley for 5th tackle options... Eastwood Kasiano and Mbye played like old women, guess we found out who are on the outer.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn't say writing him off,but some on here now think Frawley and renoylds is all we need, forget Foran.

We need Foran asap
Most of us just want to see if the Reynolds/Frawley combo can live up to its early promise. And tbh its been nice to have a halfback who is one. The 3 wins dont make it a combo set in stone, but the 1 loss doesnt make it a write off either. Still need to see more games before we know.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Most of us just want to see if the Reynolds/Frawley combo can live up to its early promise. And tbh its been nice to have a halfback who is one. The 3 wins dont make it a combo set in stone, but the 1 loss doesnt make it a write off either. Still need to see more games before we know.

So explain yourself a little better??

Are you willing to pass up on Foran for now to see how these two go till around round 20?

By then you know Foran will be gone

How is that worth it?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The one thing that shit me was that Frawley played 5/8 this game. I don't think people realised that but Frawley was always at second receiver. He was making calls but no one listened to his calls. On the last it was Reynolds taking the kicks.

It was that way the whole game too. While Mbye was at 7 he was actually playing a 5/8 role while Reynolds played halfback. I have no idea why Des did that but it obviously does not work.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cook is bang average. No better than Lichaa. Too early to say with Frawley.

Des has to wear the blame he is the one who has extended contracts for duds like Mbye & Tolman. We still don't even know Mbye's best position. The bubble has burst and we played very poor opposition on that win streak.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was kasiano, were you even watching the fucking game? Haha he had a shit game, get over it. Were you praising des for the way Frawley was playing the last 3 weeks or you just want to shit on him when things go bad?
how can you credit des for frawleys skill set?
When Frawley doesn't play his normal game then yeah des becomes suspect number one, he's done it to cook and Ennis , even Lichaa admits it.

Status
Not open for further replies.