• Ozman

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
A decision has been made not to continue with Jaycar - we will have a new major sponsor next year.
What you on about, they already came out and said jaycar has extended, and will be our major sponsor next year.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
it has nothing to do with des hasler as a coach. lets look at both years we made the grand final, we didn't have any major injuries or any big distractions

now lets look at 2013 and 2015. 2013 we dealt with the whole ben barba bullshit and plus him being in and out of the side the whole year didn't help

and now this year from round five we had distractions after distraction. first it was the whole good Friday incident+ plus suspensions and injuries from that game, which never game the team timeto gel. then after that we lose both Morris brothers and hodkinson because of state of origin. then in later stages of the season we lose our hooker which we replaced with an alright player. then we lose hodkinson and replace him with an inexperience halfback that thinks he is worth $800k but is really worth $300k until he can prove otherwise

can anyone else see the problem or is just me? now compare our year with Brisbane and cowboys
First decent post in this thread. Agree with you

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
would like to see jimmy dymocks involvement more in our play. its as if we do not create enough offloads and second phase play

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
would like to see jimmy dymocks involvement more in our play. its as if we do not create enough offloads and second phase play
3rd most offloads we made this year

Goes to show people aren't watching closely enough

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
3rd most offloads we made this year

Goes to show people aren't watching closely enough
I'd be interested to hear what definition they used to count as an "offload". We are one of the most conservative teams with the ball.

Klemmer, Tolman, Graham (these days) , Brown, JJ , Dorothy don't offload.
Kasiano with his "rocks and diamonds" passing game does offload.
Beastwood - occasionally
Lane- occasionally

Regardless , the problem with the offloads we do get away, is that the forwards are hardly ever supported, so it either goes to no one and we scramble to fall on it and lose 20m.
In addition, when we DO start offloading you can bet we are generally behind playing catch ups.
We need a better balance in using the ball when we have it, with everyone on the same page. Reynolds running off our forwards would be much more effective than expecting him to generate our attack with the sideways run he ALWAYS attempts.

Anyways, let's see if the mad scientist can reinvent his game plan?

MrRobot

New Pup
Reaction score
A brief observation on Hasler.

I'm not going to go to deep into any of this, it's just something I've noticed.

Coaches like Paul Green & Trent Robinson have their game plan designed around their player's strengths. I think Des' problem is that his game plan is not based around his individual players and what they are good/bad at. I think his plans are something the players have to mold themselves around and play to, and his plan at the moment is heavily forward-based. The game has changed since 2012 when he arrived and playing a heavy-forward dominated plan is not going to cut it anymore, as demonstrated this year.

My "proof" that Des makes his players conform to his game plan instead of designing it for them is evident in Michael Ennis' form at Cronulla, as well as the difference between Cook's first 2 games and his last 3. He went from a few runs each half and many metres gained to 1 run in 80 minutes against the Dragons in the qualifying finals.

Our entire attack is based around offloads from Kasiano/Pritchard/Klemmer to Bmoz it seems. We've got nothing.

I really hope he turns Mbye into a #7 during the offseason, because he's quite clearly a capable and even great #6 and we don't look we're going to be signing a halfback anytime soon. Why didn't we just sign Sezer when he wanted to come back...

Oh well. These next few years are going to be tough.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think u think too negative.. we need to address halfback goalkicking and consistency. Once we do happy days

MrRobot

New Pup
Reaction score
I don't think I'm being that negative overall, I think we have promise. I'm just not very hopeful.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Honestly man. A reasonable halfback that can play us for a full season and were set to win. Simple as that lol

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
As I've said in the 50 other Hasler threads, I'm starting to think we will not win a comp with Hasler as coach

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's funny OP is called Mr Robot, Robots is what Hasler wants on the field. Just follow his orders and don't use your skills/talents.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's funny OP is called Mr Robot, Robots is what Hasler wants on the field. Just follow his orders and don't use your skills/talents.

and if you even dare use your brain/ skills/ talents, you dont get a contract.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
A good kicking game will help us

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have conclusive evidence that Jose Mourinho is Des Hasler. Hear me out-
1) both had an amazing first year (btw I know that Jose was returning but just listen)
2) both have a winger who is shit in defense atm but won't be dropped (ivanovic and perret)
3) severely out of form playmakers (fabregas and mbye)
4) a great player who spends to much time on the bench (Ruben loftus-cheek and shaun lane)
5) no hunger
6) both coaches say the wrong things
7) both coaches are stubborn
8) state of the art facilities to but can't win a game comfortably
9) keeps playing the guy who is always suspended or injured (Reynolds and Diego costa, however costas a beast)

Dogzillaaa

New Pup
Reaction score
I have conclusive evidence that Jose Mourinho is Des Hasler. Hear me out-
1) both had an amazing first year (btw I know that Jose was returning but just listen)
2) both have a winger who is shit in defense atm but won't be dropped (ivanovic and perret)
3) severely out of form playmakers (fabregas and mbye)
4) a great player who spends to much time on the bench (Ruben loftus-cheek and shaun lane)
5) no hunger
6) both coaches say the wrong things
7) both coaches are stubborn
8) state of the art facilities to but can't win a game comfortably
9) keeps playing the guy who is always suspended or injured (Reynolds and Diego costa, however costas a beast)
10) both let go of extremely talented players and are watching/will watch them kill it at another club (Kevin de bruyne and Damien Cook). At least Jose would leave if the players don't want him there. Don't see des doing the same. I'd love to see him sign a creative halfback with a strong kicking game. Only time will tell...

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think u think too negative.. we need to address halfback goalkicking and consistency. Once we do happy days
Honestly man. A reasonable halfback that can play us for a full season and were set to win. Simple as that lol
IMO it wouldn't matter if we had the best halfback in the NRL; the problem we have is with our forwards.

There is no aggression there in attack or defence and no no mongrel. All we've got is a bunch of unfit individuals who just can't aim up against the top sides.

This is fact, not negativity. The proof is that we do it real tough against lower rated sides and lose games we should win.

And finally, if Hasler has got a game plan, he's never let the players in on the secret.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
10) both let go of extremely talented players and are watching/will watch them kill it at another club (Kevin de bruyne and Damien Cook). At least Jose would leave if the players don't want him there. Don't see des doing the same. I'd love to see him sign a creative halfback with a strong kicking game. Only time will tell...
11) both can't get there teams hungry to win

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are wrong. Des designed our forward ball playing game as we have forwards that could and halves that couldn't. That is 1 example.

Status
Not open for further replies.