Des Hasler Joins Bulldogs - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-to-join-bulldogs-in-2013-20111007-1lcdx.html

Canterbury officials have snuck under the guard of their Manly counterparts and secured the services of Des Hasler.

In a stunning twist in the tug of war for Hasler's services, the two-time premiership-winning coach will head to Belmore in 2013 after serving out the final year of his Sea Eagles deal.

Manly officials were convinced they had their man long term after tabling a three-year extension which, with bonuses, was worth more than $1 million per season. However, the Herald has learned that the Bulldogs have responded by upping their initial $750,000 per year offer and that Hasler has agreed to terms. The Bulldogs will call a press conference for tomorrow to announce the news.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Following the Sea Eagles' civic reception and parade from Brookvale Oval to the Novotel in Manly yesterday, the team joined sponsors, board members and selected guests for lunch at Le Kiosk at Shelley Beach. The intimate gathering of 60 guests, who paid $1000 for the privilege, got their money's worth when emcee John Gibbs interviewed Hasler about his future plans. Hasler again confirmed he would remain at Brookvale for 2012, but when Gibbs pressed him about his intentions beyond that, the coach channelled Tom Cruise's character from the hit movie Jerry Maguire, declaring: "Show me the money!".

While Manly has done that, so too have Canterbury as Hasler's stocks have risen following Sunday's premiership triumph. Only Wayne Bennett - on a deal reportedly worth as much as $10 million over four years - will be able to command more once Hasler joins the Bulldogs.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ogs-in-2013-20111007-1lcdx.html#ixzz1a2zPhyUU

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ok wtf....

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol @ Show me the money!

I will wait until confirmation from either the Bulldogs or Manly camp before I'm convinced.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
OMG Yeeeeeeeeeah buddddddy *Pauly D Voice*

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I think it's true guys... Fact of the matter is Hasler did come to the Bulldogs initially!!!

Ceagle? Your views on this will be interesting LOL

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
this is great news!!! great times ahead my friends!!

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So dont bother becoming/renewing members for 2012 and wait for 2013??

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
wont believe any more articles until the press release.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hopefully Manly release him to us for next year ...like the Warriors did for Cleary

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Is this legit?

I need the club to confirm but this is great news if true.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone think Hasler is the wrong coach we should be getting. 2007 Manly made their first Grand Final, this is the same year Geoff Toovey became assistant coach. In the 3 years before that Hasler lead the team to only semi-final appearances, and in 2004 they missed the 8. Since Toovey has been assistant they have won 2 premierships and played in 3 Grand finals.

Just a Thought.

Pantera

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This whole thing stinks.

This is not the way the Bulldogs do business. Dymock now has to coach for a nothing year......

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Been reading this forum for a while, had to sign up to say: HELL YEAH!

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Never in doubt! Greenberg got his man.

My only concern is that they have written off next year, as evidenced by the fact that the dogs have bought no-one other than Graham and let plenty go.

Status
Not open for further replies.