Des Hasler has bitten back at his side’s critics after unconvincing win against Dragons, Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Line speed
Cohesion in attack
Structure
Kicking game

Fix them and then I might believe u

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm happy for fans and commentators alike to write us of now. For a few years I've thought that sides that are heavily backed cop a shellacking from the refs. Like conscious said its a little sad that so many fans are underwhelmed about our chances.

Every game we play come finals time will see bigger crowds in the bandwagon though, and I definitely think we're capable of lifting.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CANTERBURY coach Des Hasler has bitten back at his side’s critics, brushing off claims they’re shaping as NRL also-rans.

The Bulldogs are right in the mix, placed fourth with four regular rounds to play but have copped criticism after unconvincing wins over strugglers St George Illawarra and Newcastle in the last fortnight.

While Hasler attributed those performances to the opposition and also difficult conditions on Saturday in Newcastle, legends Darren Lockyer and Brad Fittler cast doubt over their title credentials.

Lockyer said he believed they were out of the running and too inconsistent while Fittler said they were “winning ugly” and getting home on the back of some individual brilliance.

However Hasler, whose side has won six of their last seven matches, pointed to their position on the ladder as proof of their credentials.

“Winning ugly, what does that mean? We’re winning games when we need to,” Hasler said.

“Obviously at the same time it’s a pretty tight comp.

“There’s three sides fighting for third and fourth and how many sides are fighting it out for sixth, seventh and eighth spot? “I think that’s a good thing.” The Bulldogs have lost just three games since round 10 in May with all of those defeats coming against sides in top four contention — North Queensland (fifth), Cronulla (second) and Canberra (third).

They are also third in the league for completions and fourth for metres made, illustrating they’re capable of executing and dominating their opposition.

Asked about suggestions they weren’t in the hunt, Hasler was blunt: “Well we’re in fourth place.”

I love it when the media piles on the Bulldogs. Quite often it's just what's needed to light a fire in the belly.

We wont finish 4th. We will finish 6th or 7th and get blown out of the finals by the first decent team we play, just like the last 3 years.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des needs to inspire them with something, they just seem to be lacking enthusiasm and zip, we rarely thump a side.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met a guy at a conference last year who gave me shit for supporting the dogs despite being a kiwi. He ( kiwi as well) downs few more beers and embarrassed to admit being warriors supporter tells me he bckd souths since he was a kid cos he loved 'big blocker roach' fkn lol
Even worse when you consider Blocker played his entire career with the Tiggers!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We wont finish 4th. We will finish 6th or 7th and get blown out of the finals by the first decent team we play, just like the last 3 years.
WTF are you talking about ?? 2 years ago we beat Melbourne, Penrith and manly on the way to the GF.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Line speed
Cohesion in attack
Structure
Kicking game

Fix them and then I might believe u
Our line speed kills me.
I understand if hasler had them back off a bit, due to the reduced interchange. But there's no excuse for not pressuring opposition playmakers, especially on the last.
Our effort on thurston was disgusting.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our line speed kills me.
I understand if hasler had them back off a bit, due to the reduced interchange. But there's no excuse for not pressuring opposition playmakers, especially on the last.
Our effort on thurston was disgusting.
They should have just rolled out the red carpet for jt or better yet moved out of the way

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My biggest concern is that if we are comparing teams "on their best days", we are a fair way down on the list on "our best day" compared to other teams ..
we just don't have those game changers and xfactors in our team ?
Sharks = Take your pick LOL loaded with game changers Barba, Ennis, Fifita, Maloney, Townsend, Bird, Holmes can all turn nothing into something
Raiders = Austin, Wighton Papali, Rapana , B J, hodgson etc
Cowboys = Thurston, Morgan, Coote, Taumalolo etc.
Storm = Bromwich, C Smith, Cronk, Munsters Vunavalu......

Can someone please name the players that can break a game wide open on constant basis for the dogs?? .... Ill give it a crack .... Kasiano ....... sorry that's all I got ...

If our game plan is to hope the opposition has an off game, that's just ludicrous ... and that's what des' game plan is. play the percentages and hope the other team f#cks up ...

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My biggest concern is that if we are comparing teams "on their best days", we are a fair way down on the list on "our best day" compared to other teams ..
we just don't have those game changers and xfactors in our team ?
Sharks = Take your pick LOL loaded with game changers Barba, Ennis, Fifita, Maloney, Townsend, Bird, Holmes can all turn nothing into something
Raiders = Austin, Wighton Papali, Rapana , B J, hodgson etc
Cowboys = Thurston, Morgan, Coote, Taumalolo etc.
Storm = Bromwich, C Smith, Cronk, Munsters Vunavalu......

Can someone please name the players that can break a game wide open on constant basis for the dogs?? .... Ill give it a crack .... Kasiano ....... sorry that's all I got ...

If our game plan is to hope the opposition has an off game, that's just ludicrous ... and that's what des' game plan is. play the percentages and hope the other team f#cks up ...
Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.