Des Hasler’s disputed deal at Bulldogs worth up to $3m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh surprise surprise, Raelene was involved as well. That bitch fkd so much shit up but resigned to save face. Coward.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need I remind you most posters here on the Kennel were predicting a better result in 2018 than 2017!

Also Graham, Kasiano & Reynolds were shit last season.
Reynolds has done nothing this season.
Grahan & Kasiano are benefiting by being in a stronger team.

Woods has not performed great this season but Foran has been fine.

I said arguable and the point being in terms of the court case. Coaching a football team is not an exact science a lot of factors goes into success or failure of a football team.

2nd, 7th, 2nd, 5th, 7th, 11th by any objective assessment is not a total fail.
Foran and Woods have flopped so far this season and you do not have any evidence whatsoever that they have made us a stronger team. NONE

This year we are definitely a weaker team.

Warriors and Tigers are flying high without Foran & Woods respectively.

Whoever thought we were going to get better in 2018 with signing a broken Foran and Woods obviously are in for a rude shock. You aint getting nowhere with no generals on the field.

Hasler is rubbish. He can coach a team when the roster is handed to him on a platter, but when it comes to building a squad together he is absolutely fucken shit.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club terminated Des before any performance clause was in effect..

Also I doubt any such "performance clause" in NRL contracts are worth the paper they are written on.
From memory all coaches who get sacked get paid their contracted remuneration.

Also in the 6 years he was at the club the team made 5 finals series and 2 grand finals. Any objective assessment would be he did his job.

The sooner the club can agree to a figure with Des' lawyers the better. The longer the case goes the more the club will be paying out.

I will tell you also the teams performance this year with arguably a stronger roster only helps Des' case.
Could performance clauses include player development?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The sooner the club can agree to a figure with Des' lawyers the better. The longer the case goes the more the club will be paying out.
The mistake the club made was a pissweak offer heading into mediation that Hasler was never going to accept.

If the contract genuinely is worth $3 million, then an offer of $600,000 payout is beyond stupidity.

Should have offered him $1.5million and that's the end... $2 million at most.

That would have made him look money hungry if he rejected it.

Instead the club tried to lowball him and it's completely backfired and will probably cost us $3 million + Des and the clubs court costs.

If the club escape with less than a $3.2 million payout now it'll be a miracle.. as I reckon each parties legals would have to be push (or over) $100k by now.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 Points

1. I am happy Des got the ass, despite the position it has left the club in because Des idea of salary cap management resembled a Ponzi scheme

2. The administrators of our club who supported Des and his decisions and were privy to all the deals he struck should hang their heads in shame and never manage an organisation again.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh surprise surprise, Raelene was involved as well. That bitch fkd so much shit up but resigned to save face. Coward.
She’s just as much to blame as anyone else and she has escaped any kind of criticism. All the wank fest over her going to rugby was ridiculous saying she’s a “good operator” at least she’s running them into the ground now with her PC bullshit.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
She’s just as much to blame as anyone else and she has escaped any kind of criticism. All the wank fest over her going to rugby was ridiculous saying she’s a “good operator” at least she’s running them into the ground now with her PC bullshit.
Careful @Spoonman84 you'll be accused by some (*cough* Oatley Dog *cough*) of "hating woman at the helm" and "hating woman in positions of power" with that sort of attitude.

The sun shines out of Castles arsehole, and she is unable to be criticised here without copping a firm backlash from the PC brigade.

I've tried to direct blame towards her and copped torrents of abuse for it.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s look at 14 signs that someone is playing the victim card and what they need to do instead:

1. They don’t take responsibility
This is a classic sign of victim behavior. A victim has trouble accepting they contributed to a problem and accepting responsibility for the circumstance that they are in. Instead, they point the finger, or simply ignore their role in perpetuating the problem. They are not overtly saying “I’m a victim”, but instead indirectly sending the message that they’re a martyr.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stronger roster definitely not!

If anything it shows he fucked our roster royally as the players he recruited and the players he let go, are flying at other clubs

Foran - Warriors now flying
Woods - Tigers now flying
Graham - Dragons flying
Reynolds - Tigers flying
Kasiano - Storm flying
Yeah Reynolds has made all the difference at the Tigers and the Storm have hardly missed Cronk and Harris with big Kas carrying the team every week.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
STOPPED reading after that point because the rest is rubbish ... the court case is currently active and any documentation pertaining to it would be forbidden to be shared outside of the parties involved (i.e cannot be shared with the media), else it could impact the outcome of the case.
Pretty sure @Deathspell will have something to say on that part.
This upstart journalist has been watching too many re-runs of Matlock.
From the time the 'First Directions Hearing' or 'Further Directions Hearing' commence,up until all court proceedings are finished and dealt with it,the case is said to be 'sub judice' (under judgment) and when a case is sub judice,reporters are strictly limited as to what they can report.It is an offense and committing contempt,if a reporter discloses and reports on court documentation or statements before a verdict has been read.Many reporters have been fined and received fixed penal sentences for reporting material under sub judice.If the nature of the contempt has had an any adverse reaction on any of the parties,the judge might issue a court order,that the reporter 'purges his contempt'.This means that until they make a public apology,retract their statements and identify the confidential source of information (if there is one),he may be gaoled for as long as the judge wishes.
Even though there is no jury and what is published or broadcast is not so likely to prejudice a fair trial,since the judge is required to ignore it,nevertheless,even in trials without juries there are limits to what is tolerated,as to not interfere with the proper course of justice.
Legal Counsel would have filed and put all relevant documents and statements under injunction.To avoid any misrepresentation,they would have applied for a judicial writ (an 'order of mandamus') to the Supreme Court,to command the First Directions Hearings to secure statutory duty.The writ instruction of 'Qui non prohibet id quod prohibere potest assentire videtur' (he who does not forbid what he is able to prevent,is deemed to assent) will allow them to carefully vet any adverse documentation or statements being used outside the court prior judgement.Grounds for obtaining the writ is to safeguard any damages and impact on Canterbury,which is a corporation based on paid membership and sponsorship.
Another common course of action,is to ask the court to hear evidence 'in camera' (in the room-in private).No reporters or other members of the public are allowed into the courtroom or the judge's chambers while that evidence is heard.If somehow someone manages to find out what was said,they are not allowed to publish or broadcast it.
The Defamation Act 2005,covers the law concerned with court reporting and any publication by the media.The law gives protection to reporters of what is said in court only,because the court's material and reports are carefully written and protected from defamation and can be safely reported upon.This reporter will not be afforded this protection (called privilege) since he is reporting on non court material and reports but on viewed documents before or during the court proceedings before judgement.There is little room for interpretive or creative reporting of court cases prior judgement.
If I was representing the Bulldogs,I swear his grandchildren will still be paying long after he turns to dust,after I sue him.I would contest that he acted with freedom of interference in violating jurisprudence and the laws of contempt.Maintenance,reputation and dignity of the Club has been compromised and is effecting membership.I would also argue that this gutter type prejudicial court reporting has not been neutral,whilst still awaiting judgement and has had an adverse reaction on club's investment,to wit the players worth $9.1m.Whilst these court proceedings are active,I'll attack his livelihood and put him in an ethical dilemma.I will make an application to a commission of inquiry (I intend to drag the court proceedings and test his resolve), subpoena the reporter to appear and ask for the source of his information and who afforded it to him.As far as the law is concerned,the reporter has no choice but to answer (and answer he fucking will).So he's left with a choice,will his professional ethics take priority over the demands of the law and go to gaol.Once the commission issues it's verdict,I'll get another reporter to attack his unprofessional demand,unprofessional ethics and lack of promise of confidentiality.
I'll put in an application for conflict of interests for Dib,as there is no way on this planet I'll save his arse.
Des legal Counsel would also be concerned by irresponsible reporting as it could lead to disobeying a subpoena.Certain people because of circumstance or club loyalty might not attend court to give evidence,even though they are willing to be in contempt of court.Another problem could arise if people the journalists have interviewed,may also be the witnesses in the court case.This would allow the club's Counsel to diminish their evidence in court if contradiction occurs.
In practice reporters can only report or broadcast details on the background of the case and details of what is officially happening within the legal process of the actual court proceedings or mention some details which are not likely to be contested in court.
In a civil lawsuit details of unpresented information or statements exhibited by both parties,that are likely to be contested in court and the civil defendant's (Bulldog's) or the civil plaintiff (Des commonly known as 'shithead') commercial record cannot be published until judgement.
Under the Federal Court Rules,the media may apply to the Court for leave to inspect but not report on any “restricted” documents.Permission will only be granted if the documents (or relevant parts of) and exhibits have already been admitted into evidence or read out in open court.In the case of partially read documents,the court can refuse access to a document on the basis that other parts of the document are irrelevant to the case,but of sensitive nature and it would be unduly burdensome for Court staff to provide a redacted version of the document,showing only those parts that are in evidence or have been read out.
The media can inspect “unrestricted” Court documents,subject to certain exceptions,including where the Court has ordered the documents are confidential,forbidden from or restricted from publication under Federal Court Rules 2011 and suppressed or prohibited or restricted from publication on grounds permitted in Part V of the Federal Court Australia Act 1976.
Unrestricted documents include: originating application or cross claim,particulars of a pleading (Statement of Claim) or Defense,notices (appeal,discontinuance,change of legal representation or ceasing to act and address for service),agreed statement of facts,interlocutory application and an order of the Court (judgement) and reasons for. Affidavit accompanying an application, or an amended application,under section 61 of the native Title Act 1993 (not relevant,unless Des can prove aboriginal antecedents and is claiming Belmore on behalf of the halfwit tribe).
Restricted documents include: exhibits,list of documents given on discovery,subpoenas or documents lodged with the Registry in answer to a subpoena for production of documents,affidavits (other than an affidavit accompanying an application),written submissions or a written outline of submissions,evidence taken on deposition and interrogatories or answers to interrogatories, admissions and unsworn statements of evidence filed in accordance with a direction given by the Court.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So in your mind.... article is full of shite?
Yes 100% shit as you called it from the offset,but can be very dangerous.Maybe some ploy by his Legal team to force a reaction from the club,a lead card to drag a high card if you will.Fishing for committal type rush statements.It's civil law remember,the dirtiest,underhanded,get in the gutter type of law.Where legals don't pursue guilt or innocence but exploit ways to damage credibility.But I'm sure the club's legal team would have asked our people to redirect everything to them now bro.Even Foran making an innocent statement saying he came to the Bulldogs hoping Hasler was coach but things are working out under Pay,can be damaging.People need to shut the fuck up leave it to the gutter rats and not get blindsided by the media.Thing is the media first reported both parties were going to First Directions hearing,apparently that failed because our club did not want to go to mediation.If that's true,the judge would have proceeded to list this case for mention in the Supreme Court to set dates for subsequent hearings,then trial.Now this fool is reporting prematurely on exhibits.This trial will take a fair bit of time,there are a lots of witnesses and documents to cross examine and site.I've got some bail applications at the Supreme court on the 7th May,I'll get to the bottom of this bs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Love your input as always.... good to read from that side of things!

So its a deliberately "vague/wrong" article, hoping to bait the club into a reaction/response via the media.

Sign of a losing case for Hasler & Co?

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Love your input as always.... good to read from that side of things!

So its a deliberately "vague/wrong" article, hoping to bait the club into a reaction/response via the media.

Sign of a losing case for Hasler & Co?
I'll try and unearth some accurate information when I go to the Supreme court on 7th May for some bail applications.
At face value if you believe the media,Des got a sealed case,a fait accompli.But it's strange that his legals were willing to go to mediation after 'first Directions Hearing' and settle for $600k but the club refused.Makes me think that there's a breach of an essential term or promise in one of the clauses,that might make Des's verbal contract legally unenforceable.
Sure offer and acceptance were met but what about consideration and conduct?
Was Dib or Castle acting in good faith? Were they under duress by the previous board? Is there is a breach of the club's statutes that has been overlooked in the past that prohibits Dib or Castle from acting alone? There might be lot's of legal points that could void this verbal contract.
There could even be a case in front of the industrial relations for termination of service due to operational unsuitability.
The purpose of damages is to put the person in the position he would have been had the breach not occurred.Des has to prove on the propensity of the evidence that termination made it difficult to gain employment elsewhere.He needs to show evidence that there was an attempt.He needs to show that termination caused him financial hardship and he was unable to meet prior pre-arranged out-of-pocket commitments.
The only concrete thing we know for sure is that Dib's blabbed his guts out in a public address to the media,which caused the resignation of our immortal son Steve Mortimer.
The sad thing about all this is,the Leagues club could easily cut the funding to the football club.Start bankruptcy procedures,change name to Sydney Bulldogs and throw this drama straight unto the NRL's lap.But knowing that piece of shit Des,he'll probably put a caveat on our assets (players) and force us to sell them or go after the money the minute the club is solvent again.Unless the NRL forks out the bill, like they did at other clubs.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Reynolds has made all the difference at the Tigers and the Storm have hardly missed Cronk and Harris with big Kas carrying the team every week.
Youre obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Youre obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed
His taking the piss out of you, Reynolds got nothing to do with tigers going well
Dragons would be still where they are without graham, he actually has been out performed by most of there pack and kasiano Lololol, yup his the reason storm going well! Pull ya head in

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Careful @Spoonman84 you'll be accused by some (*cough* Oatley Dog *cough*) of "hating woman at the helm" and "hating woman in positions of power" with that sort of attitude.

The sun shines out of Castles arsehole, and she is unable to be criticised here without copping a firm backlash from the PC brigade.

I've tried to direct blame towards her and copped torrents of abuse for it.
A dumb **** is a dumb ****, no matter what gender it is.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'll try and unearth some accurate information when I go to the Supreme court on 7th May for some bail applications.
At face value if you believe the media,Des got a sealed case,a fait accompli.But it's strange that his legals were willing to go to mediation after 'first Directions Hearing' and settle for $600k but the club refused.Makes me think that there's a breach of an essential term or promise in one of the clauses,that might make Des's verbal contract legally unenforceable.
Sure offer and acceptance were met but what about consideration and conduct?
Was Dib or Castle acting in good faith? Were they under duress by the previous board? Is there is a breach of the club's statutes that has been overlooked in the past that prohibits Dib or Castle from acting alone? There might be lot's of legal points that could void this verbal contract.
There could even be a case in front of the industrial relations for termination of service due to operational unsuitability.
The purpose of damages is to put the person in the position he would have been had the breach not occurred.Des has to prove on the propensity of the evidence that termination made it difficult to gain employment elsewhere.He needs to show evidence that there was an attempt.He needs to show that termination caused him financial hardship and he was unable to meet prior pre-arranged out-of-pocket commitments.
The only concrete thing we know for sure is that Dib's blabbed his guts out in a public address to the media,which caused the resignation of our immortal son Steve Mortimer.
The sad thing about all this is,the Leagues club could easily cut the funding to the football club.Start bankruptcy procedures,change name to Sydney Bulldogs and throw this drama straight unto the NRL's lap.But knowing that piece of shit Des,he'll probably put a caveat on our assets (players) and force us to sell them or go after the money the minute the club is solvent again.Unless the NRL forks out the bill, like they did at other clubs.
Dude, paragraphs please.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stronger roster definitely not!

If anything it shows he fucked our roster royally as the players he recruited and the players he let go, are flying at other clubs

Foran - Warriors now flying
Woods - Tigers now flying
Graham - Dragons flying
Reynolds - Tigers flying
Kasiano - Storm flying
Sorry bro but your reasons are all wrong and it puzzles me how someone can come up with such shit.
Warriors got nothing to with Foran leaving.He joined Warriors after a long layoff,an injury and had huge emotional distress.He wasn't fit.Warriors have recruited well.
When Woods (2017 prop of the year) was at the Tigers they ranked fourth best for offloads.Tigers suits Woods second-phase play while the forward pack were notorious for passing between each other in the lead up to a run,the most of any side in the competition.
Surely you cant credit Graham for Dragons firing this year? Matthew Dufty, Euan Aitken, Gareth Widdop,Ben Hunt,Cameron McInnes,Paul Vaughan,Tyson Frizell,Tariq Sims, and Jack De Belin have all been firing.Saints have the best pack in the comp atm.
Reynolds hasn't played 1 full game for the Tigers,he's still injured, being water boy doesn't count.
Kasiano is benefiting from the 3 (or 4) pass shift style,played by the Storm.Each forward only carries the ball once per set and miss alternate sets to avoid fatigue in this style.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dude, paragraphs please.
Actually I do use paragraphs,as new points always start to the left, the sentences are not continuous.
In that post I have 8. (line1),(2-3),(4),(5-6),(7),(8-9-10),(11),(12-13-14).
Paragraphs don't require you start from the middle of page or leave a line empty between them.
But if it helps,I'll leave a blank line between them,might look less cluttered.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.