Des getting Sacked Articles Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
But look how good ennis played under a positive footy coach this once again re inforces the fact that we cant judge any of our players under des,he just takes all the enjoyment out of it for the players hence why we look so flat and lethargic,id say the players are over it

Reactions: DT

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
The way I see the Foran situation. And this is just a possibilities. He's playing away from his children. He has mental health issues. He wants to come back to Sydney to he can be closer to his kids and this will help him a great deal and possibly help his footy with us. I hope this is the case anyway.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that Mick Ennis was a shit player and a shit Captain during his time at the Bulldogs, I don't think so!! I also believe that he was a much better captain than James Graham has or ever would be for the Dogs! I never ever agreed with James Graham being our club Captain from Day one however, does that make me right? not sure about that one??
No ... I said "ennis' form had dropped off considerably towards the end of his tenure here at the dogs"... I thought it's pretty clear what I said ... what I'm insinuating is that it was a result of the moron in charge in hindsight... I was wrong about ennis and I was also wrong in my support of Des... I'm man enough to admit I was wrong..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The way I see the Foran situation. And this is just a possibilities. He's playing away from his children. He has mental health issues. He wants to come back to Sydney to he can be closer to his kids and this will help him a great deal and possibly help his footy with us. I hope this is the case anyway.
Foran is physically and mentally unreliable, we will be lucky to get 10 games from him next season. We will be his 4th club in 4 years and he really hasn't done much in his previous 3 years.

At his best he can offer a lot, but i really don't think we will see him anywhere near his best with us. Hope this isn't the case though.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all the talk about the clause in haslers contract regarding the capped payout. Wouldn't surprise me if there is another clause that says he can't coach in 2018 if sacked.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran is physically and mentally unreliable, we will be lucky to get 10 games from him next season. We will be his 4th club in 4 years and he really hasn't done much in his previous 3 years.

At his best he can offer a lot, but i really don't think we will see him anywhere near his best with us. Hope this isn't the case though.
Depression is a complicated thing. But g rota is right, when the environment changes for the better and he's active again, he will get better and better. I think one half of the equation is here (kids) and I reckon it's up to us as a club to provide him an environment which makes him feel good about himself. Community work can help, especially around Bankstown and belmore is something I suspect he has never really been exposed to. Of course I'm not his psychiatrist and I'm making shit up.

We're lucky as doggies fans because while des has fucked with us, I think our culture is strong enough to survive. There isn't a player I can remember that has said a bad thing about the club, maybe the coach but each and every single one of them love the club. Braith etc. I suspect foran will be the same.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No ... I said "ennis' form had dropped off considerably towards the end of his tenure here at the dogs"... I thought it's pretty clear what I said ... what I'm insinuating is that it was a result of the moron in charge in hindsight... I was wrong about ennis and I was also wrong in my support of Des... I'm man enough to admit I was wrong..
Sheeesh :sweat:Dude!! take it easy, got your message .... no need to get so excited!! I too do not have a problem admitting when I am wrong.. What are your thoughts on Graham as Captain in hind site of course?? my post did not include an opinion on whether Des is the right coach for our club either but, while you are at ... I believe YES! he is at this stage and I never questioned your man hood either!!:tonguewink:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Depression is a complicated thing. But g rota is right, when the environment changes for the better and he's active again, he will get better and better. I think one half of the equation is here (kids) and I reckon it's up to us as a club to provide him an environment which makes him feel good about himself. Community work can help, especially around Bankstown and belmore is something I suspect he has never really been exposed to. Of course I'm not his psychiatrist and I'm making shit up.

We're lucky as doggies fans because while des has fucked with us, I think our culture is strong enough to survive. There isn't a player I can remember that has said a bad thing about the club, maybe the coach but each and every single one of them love the club. Braith etc. I suspect foran will be the same.
Yh i know depression can throw you about. I have had a fair few issues for years now that have had a major influence on my life and have pretty much changed the type of person i am.

I just have strong doubts over Foran. He is stupid gamble imo. Too many issues, physically he is busted, mentally he is busted, and then theres other issues we can't go into on here. He's also going to have soooo much pressure on him when he gets here, and us fans won't be happy when he doesn't aim up or sits out rounds injured.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are going to need a lot more then foran to save us. Just sack most of the team and start again.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran should have stayed at Manly, where they were able to sweep all his problems under the carpet.

Once he left, all his major problems were found out.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it already but Foran barely made one kick when Johnson was on the field.

His hamstrings are so gone he can't even kick a ball.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it already but Foran barely made one kick when Johnson was on the field.

His hamstrings are so gone he can't even kick a ball.
But we have a multi million dollar re hab centre [emoji23]

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
It is more than evident that Des isn't the answer, anymore. Whether he ever was, is questionable as well to be fair. Personally, I am just over the negative press and animosity amongst supporters that Des is creating, mainly due to our style of play. I hope they move him on sooner rather than later. If they don't, I hope Foran brings some solutions with him.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely Hasler has some pride and integrity, how can he sit there taking such a huge salary doing what he is...it is beyond embarrassing and will only get worse the longer this train crash keeps rolling

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not even news. Hooper makes a bunch of educated guesses and they call it news.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Based on Hooper's guess that Des may get sacked he's also guessed that Foran will stay at the Bulldogs.

This is triple M for you. Making up shit and calling it "news"

Reactions: DT

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hooper full of shit.. why the next 3 games got fuck all bearing on our season as its pretty much fucked anyway.
If they couldn't address our downward spiral in the last 5 years they certainly aint going to worry about 3 fucking games from now.
I totally agree with you but funny enough I have been saying Hasler to Newcastle for the last 3 years and the only thing stopping it is Newcastle can't afford him, now if there is any truth to the $600k exit clause that would provide the intensive, what do you think ?

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really can't see him getting sacked until he has at least 1 season with his new recruits (Woods and Foran), end of 2018 maybe if we haven't made the top 8, yes a top 8
Finish would see him survive IMO even if we on here don't believe it's good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.