Des getting Sacked Articles Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hate to be the bringer of bad news BUT all of you getting hard ons over this (and don't get me wrong I'd love to see it), but let's be realistic here:

1. It's the Mole.... I'm still waiting for us to sign James Tedesco after he said on radio it he was 100% gone to the Dogs on his last contract.
2. It's a payout of $500,00 PER SEASON (total payout $1 million for 2018/2019 seasons).
3. No quotes or information, just typical Mole lies.

When he's found out as a liar it'll be:
"A source at the Dogs has told us that Des will be given 2018 to prove himself with his new recruits."
Then
"A club insider has told us given Des is only contracted till end of 2019, he will be allowed to see his contract out".
Exactly.

I always take what the mole says with a grain of salt. Every time.

If there's a positive that's come from this article it's that it's published and out their in the media now - so at least somewhere our voice is being heard.

Next step: Banners/signs at Belmore.

Keep it clean people, let's get them on tv!

JP

Waterboy
Reaction score
  1. Im prepared to give Dessie a bit of latitude, my reasons are as follows and it is about the players.
  2. Hoppa too slow easily manhandled, in wrong position, he is a centre at best.
  3. Holland, give me a break, reserve grader, no more needs to be said.
  4. Montoya only showing glimpses of potential, he is certainly no Rona.
  5. J Moz, great defender, has lost his speed/swerve, starting to hog the ball bit, cause he sees hardly any of it and when he receives it, its always flat and he's completely marked.
  6. Stanley, see Holland, should never be resigned, unfortunate for him, he had ability but its gone.
  7. Brenko, great attacking weapon, spaghetti defence, could develop into something, but needs more tactical defending coaching.
  8. B Moz, still a great asset, best winger we've got by a country mile, prefer him at fullback, he should be shifted when we are attacking and Hoppa to the wing.
  9. Mbye, is not a seven, at best he's a six, but only running, should not be in charge of any attacking sets, just run for gods sake, fastest in the team start using it, looks ok at 9.
  10. Reynolds, love his passion, again he's only a six, looks trapped in a shit system, don't think we will miss him though. (Foran)
  11. Licha, reserve grader espescially in this system, looked ok at cronulla, hasn't lived up to expectation, time to go.
  12. Jackson, best player we've got, build a team around him, should be made captain, superb.
  13. Eastwood, too slow, starting to miss way too many tackles, offering nothing in attack, time to go.
  14. RFM, starting to look better and better, should be getting more minutes, could be great, gotta get rid of the mistakes though.
  15. Elliott, sideways man, run straight you fool, no hole running, poor hands, much better in defence though, can hit hard, ok prospect.
  16. Graham, get off the piss, looks drunk all the time, not making the impact we need anymore, hence (Woods).
  17. Kasiano, great player, runs hard, tries hard, too many mistake and not enough minutes, wish he played for us like he plays for Samoa, Bellamy will make a machine out of him, look for next yr Dally M as prop of the year.
  18. Klemmer, used to steamroll guys, plays for NSW in a different system and see how good he is, he's not a lock, he's a prop, needs to come off the back fence and get his mongrel back.
  19. Tolman, great clubman, cool headed prop, slows down the ruck very well, great defender, unfortunately other than that he just plain sux.
  20. Reserves I haven't mentioned as I don't really rate any of them TBH.
  21. Now even though I am prepared to give Des the benefit of the doubt, he is the man responsible for this putting this team together, however the entire system needs to change and the only man that can do it is Des, unfortunately we don't have a 7 or a 1 or a decent 9, hence why Des plays the style we are now, allowing the forward to dictate the play mostly, Frawley may be the answer (I'm not convinced at all). I think Des needs to forget this year and immediately start building for next year and I reckon he will, Foran and Woods are great additions, make Jackson Captain Immediately , get Hoppa in the centres, I hate to say it but offload Graham, Eastwood, Licha, Moses to dummy half, Frawley in 7, Foran in 6, Klemmer and Woods starting front rowers, forget the flat attack, it just doesn't work anymore, the tip ons etc, Brenko on 1 wing, Montaya the other, keep Jmoz in the left centre, get Brett back in the 1, if he can play in Origin he can play number 1 for us, Rfm in the starting side, Tolman to lock and for Gods sake don't let him take over any plays, just tackle man and keep tackling slow the ruck, use the money from Kas, Reynolds,Graham,Eastwood to stock up on some other talent especially in the 7 and 1 positions,not just anyone either make a play for real talent in those positions, Cronk for ayr or 2 would be great foil for Frawley, I think this is the plan Des has up his sleeve and I hope he starts to implement some of it this season, thought are appreciated.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Actually the astute way to do it would be banners of support for Hasler, and overly positive ones.
"Hasler saved the dogs"
"We love Hasler"

The underlying sarcasm would be obvious, and media would be like "huh why are fans supporting him"..

OR

Banners like "I support Des Hasler" then in smaller font (or another banner underneath) "coaching another club".

That would get them through security too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd rather hasler just fix the roster from now than to make a panic decision and sign a coach who won't do any better with the current roster. Last year was pretty much the only extended time foran's had off the field due to injury, we've needed a player like him for years
No.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Problem is I don't think he was the recruiter. I think it was that dope Cleal who buggered things up. All of the crook recruitment decisions we are currently living with can be traced back to him. He goes and Foran and Woods turn up within weeks. The new recruitment bloke has a big focus on young players so it will take a couple of years for it to reap any big rewards. Sure, the buck stops with Des and he has to wear it but I suspect in the scheme of things he trusted his old mate and got burned as a result.
Not 1 dogs player in Nsw or qld 16s 18s and 20s what a joke this club has become

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dib won't come out of this looking good even if he sacks him.

He has let Des drive the club into the ground for the past few years and then re-signed him to a new upgraded contract before he sacks him a few months later.

Even with the reduced payout the club still flushes $1 million down the toilet when we could have avoided it in the first place by not re-signing him!

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No idea if its true but there's a rumour floating around that Des's contract extension is null and void if he fails to reach the finals this year.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des will probably get 1 more year with new signings and if it's still the same dour attacking style he is surely gone.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will offer him free UBER service out of Belmore

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No idea if its true but there's a rumour floating around that Des's contract extension is null and void if he fails to reach the finals this year.
Please, i can only get so erect.

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Des Hasler facing the axe at Canterbury Bulldogs
By The Mole

DES Hasler signed a two-year contract extension only a few months ago - but the former Test star is fighting for his coaching life at the Bulldogs.

I am hearing that elements within the Bulldogs football and leagues clubs boards are set to push to pay Hasler out if the Bulldogs fail to make the finals.

Sources say although Hasler signed a massive deal, his payour is capped at around $500,000 a season, making it feasible for the Dogs to pay him out.

If he does go, the club will push for former favourite son Dean Pay to take over as head coach.

Pay has served a long apprenticeship and is currently Ricky Stuart’s right-hand man at Canberra.

Canterbury have lost six of their last seven games and are playing with little confidence or cohesion in attack, putting their finals chances in real doubt.

The board is under massive pressure from irate fans, who are demanding changes be made at the club.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/04/...ighting-for-coaching-life#00Joah5LJQzKsV7v.99

It's a mole article, so treat it as such, but the interesting part for me is Haslers payout is capped at $500,000 per season so if we do decide to dump Des it's not going to cost us the full contract. Best Dogs news I've heard in a long time now.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...........................

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd rather hasler just fix the roster from now than to make a panic decision and sign a coach who won't do any better with the current roster. Last year was pretty much the only extended time foran's had off the field due to injury, we've needed a player like him for years
I disagree. He's has 6 years to fix roster. He needs to go now.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ok I'm all for dumbing the Dick head des as I hate him and his game plan more then anyone but let's say they do give him 10 games next year and foran and woods play there asses off and we are top 4 by round 10 or so.... would you guys be happy for des to see out the rest of his contract in 2018 or rather just take a risk on pay who Hasn't been proven as first grade coach yet? I'm a bit touch and go with either
I just want Des gone, he has had his chance/s IMO. I still think he should have been booted last year when the opportunity was there. We would be year 1 into our rebuild and let's face it, no worse on the table than now. We have wasted 1 year already, next year is a good chance now too so bugger another 10 rounds next year to tell me what I knew 2 years ago. Chalk it all up to his refusal to accept the bloody obvious, bloke needs mental assessment IMO.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If barrett was our coach everyone would have been screaming for him to be sacked last year, same if it was paul mcgregor, same with maguire this year, same with robinson last year.

difference is McGregor changed his tactics and Saints won a few games but then other teams worked out he is a 1 trick pony and Saints havr gone down the tube.

Robinson had a crap year with so many injuries and suspensions. He gave youngsters like Watson Mitchell Matterson game time snd look at them now. His recruitment shits all over ours and as well as offence and look at them go this year.

Barrett was into his first year with a spare parts team made up from everywhere and they went as expected. He then recruited well, bought Blake green in and now they are in premiership contention.

Hasler hasnt done fuck all in 7 years. cant recruit. csnt coach. is fucking stubborn. hasnt changed attack. he is shit. at least other coaches change attack.

even Maguire from souths removed the shackles off anf they went back to their best over the weekend snf scored 42points...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
  1. Im prepared to give Dessie a bit of latitude, my reasons are as follows and it is about the players.
  2. Hoppa too slow easily manhandled, in wrong position, he is a centre at best.
  3. Holland, give me a break, reserve grader, no more needs to be said.
  4. Montoya only showing glimpses of potential, he is certainly no Rona.
  5. J Moz, great defender, has lost his speed/swerve, starting to hog the ball bit, cause he sees hardly any of it and when he receives it, its always flat and he's completely marked.
  6. Stanley, see Holland, should never be resigned, unfortunate for him, he had ability but its gone.
  7. Brenko, great attacking weapon, spaghetti defence, could develop into something, but needs more tactical defending coaching.
  8. B Moz, still a great asset, best winger we've got by a country mile, prefer him at fullback, he should be shifted when we are attacking and Hoppa to the wing.
  9. Mbye, is not a seven, at best he's a six, but only running, should not be in charge of any attacking sets, just run for gods sake, fastest in the team start using it, looks ok at 9.
  10. Reynolds, love his passion, again he's only a six, looks trapped in a shit system, don't think we will miss him though. (Foran)
  11. Licha, reserve grader espescially in this system, looked ok at cronulla, hasn't lived up to expectation, time to go.
  12. Jackson, best player we've got, build a team around him, should be made captain, superb.
  13. Eastwood, too slow, starting to miss way too many tackles, offering nothing in attack, time to go.
  14. RFM, starting to look better and better, should be getting more minutes, could be great, gotta get rid of the mistakes though.
  15. Elliott, sideways man, run straight you fool, no hole running, poor hands, much better in defence though, can hit hard, ok prospect.
  16. Graham, get off the piss, looks drunk all the time, not making the impact we need anymore, hence (Woods).
  17. Kasiano, great player, runs hard, tries hard, too many mistake and not enough minutes, wish he played for us like he plays for Samoa, Bellamy will make a machine out of him, look for next yr Dally M as prop of the year.
  18. Klemmer, used to steamroll guys, plays for NSW in a different system and see how good he is, he's not a lock, he's a prop, needs to come off the back fence and get his mongrel back.
  19. Tolman, great clubman, cool headed prop, slows down the ruck very well, great defender, unfortunately other than that he just plain sux.
  20. Reserves I haven't mentioned as I don't really rate any of them TBH.
  21. Now even though I am prepared to give Des the benefit of the doubt, he is the man responsible for this putting this team together, however the entire system needs to change and the only man that can do it is Des, unfortunately we don't have a 7 or a 1 or a decent 9, hence why Des plays the style we are now, allowing the forward to dictate the play mostly, Frawley may be the answer (I'm not convinced at all). I think Des needs to forget this year and immediately start building for next year and I reckon he will, Foran and Woods are great additions, make Jackson Captain Immediately , get Hoppa in the centres, I hate to say it but offload Graham, Eastwood, Licha, Moses to dummy half, Frawley in 7, Foran in 6, Klemmer and Woods starting front rowers, forget the flat attack, it just doesn't work anymore, the tip ons etc, Brenko on 1 wing, Montaya the other, keep Jmoz in the left centre, get Brett back in the 1, if he can play in Origin he can play number 1 for us, Rfm in the starting side, Tolman to lock and for Gods sake don't let him take over any plays, just tackle man and keep tackling slow the ruck, use the money from Kas, Reynolds,Graham,Eastwood to stock up on some other talent especially in the 7 and 1 positions,not just anyone either make a play for real talent in those positions, Cronk for ayr or 2 would be great foil for Frawley, I think this is the plan Des has up his sleeve and I hope he starts to implement some of it this season, thought are appreciated.
Kasiano will never ever be dally m prop of the year again. Mark my words. He is a fat useless heartless player. A shell of his former self. He has no desire to ever be anything great.

Status
Not open for further replies.