Des & Bozo

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kennelers, just wanted to toss up the idea... Did Des and Fulton (aka: Bozo) hatch a plan to get Des back to Manly?

I know conspiracy theories can go down like a led balloon in here, but it was something that has stuck upon reflecting back on the body language of Des pre-game, Half and full time and at the presser basically since the extension was granted.

Now, bear in mind, Manly and Bozo know they can't afford Des' price tag.

Des, deep inside, likely wants back at Manly because that's we're home and heart is and the Manly board is changing to his delight.

He's also realised he's screwed up delux at the Bulldogs in his attempts at winning the comp, to which he got very close to his credit, but does not know how to dig himself or the team out of the current mess.

He knew the timing of a win against highly fancied Broncos and the promise of Foran to the club would clinch an extension. Probably a deal done with Dib or board members.

He unprecedentedly rolls the dice with reggies player Frawley, he never makes these types of changes with personnel, he'd rather use a ball playing forward or outside back in the halves when our standard halves are injured or suspended, but in an act of desperation, the hope of sparking a game changer incredibly works, Frawley has his best game for us, his kicking game proving to play a big part in trying conditions and we get the W.

Shortly after the result, Bulldogs confirm his extension.

Since that point in time he has:
- Dropped our most potent back (B.Lee)
- Used Frawley sparingly despite that he offered more than Reynolds/Mbye as a half.
- Taken until round 22 to drop Lichaa.
- Gassed our forwards and does not utilise 2 of the 4 reserves available to him.
- Gives RFM very limited minutes despite being one of our best.
- Used a centre in the halves when we are only playing for pride. Cleeland in reggies dominating and knocking on the door for weeks.
- Minimal roster and style changes throughout the season despite the poor run of form
- The big one, NIL emotion in losing games. Look back the last few years, he's been red in the face & agitated in similar circumstances..he does not looked bothered whatsoever.

In my opinion, I think he's been setting this team up for failure to some extent and perhaps with a golden handshake, he gets himself to Manly for half the price because we are picking up the bill and that works for the Silvertails... I don't know, the whole thing smells of something a little sus. You be the judge.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Tbh it's not that far of a stretch when you put it like that. He's a brave boy though if that is his plan with dogs fans!

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate i don't think this is the case.
No reason for des to think manly is a better plc to coach than dogs. When the dogs can pay him and provide more support in the long run.
No reason either for manly to think about switching barrett for des. Barrett is doing a really good job with a team that wasnt rated at the start of the season. His players have developed heaps this season. He is cheaper too.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think this is a plan but Hasler probably knows Bozo will find him a job at Manly if needed.

It probably wouldn't be head coach but maybe a consultant or something like that.

Let's face it the money he's earnt from us in the last few years has set him up, he's not desperate for a dollar.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
o well you've given journos the next juicy article about bulldogs.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are u accusing our coach of being DESeitful?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say no club would want Des after seeing his structures take a club and team to an all time low. Why would any player want to play under him after seeing the skill levels of players diminishing and their future's in jeopardy ie, Mbye....gone backwards, Graham...gone backwards, Kas...gone backwards just to name a few. Players talk to others in other clubs, commentators have been cursing his style so there is no doubt Des is creating a name for himself and it wouldn't all be good. Bob Fulton would not touch him. They are a club moving forward and don't want to go backwards like us.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I think Hasler and Fulton wold be be a great combination.

They're both one man bands with a mindset an ICBM couldn't shift. The explosion that happens when they come together will be a ripper.

But lets look on the bright side. At Belmore (or wherever) Hasler has set up the best training facility in the NRL. So when he pisses off our new coach will have everything he needs to start the ball rolling.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Manly won't get rid of Barrett after he took them from oblivion to being a top 4 contender this year

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nostradamus predicted all this in 1545
Interesting thought D.O.W. perhaps a thread where we can all put in our 2 bobs worth as to why he has failed so miserably at our club after having had so much success at Manly.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes good sense and nothing would suprise me with des.
But didn't Barrett just recieve an extension?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The falling out between Manly and Des was bad. I can't see him going back there as they are making good progress with Barrett.

As for Des not giving a fuck... it's natural. He received a guaranteed $2,000,000 handshake and doesn't need to try anymore.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The falling out between Manly and Des was bad. I can't see him going back there as they are making good progress with Barrett.

As for Des not giving a fuck... it's natural. He received a guaranteed $2,000,000 handshake and doesn't need to try anymore.
Yeah I'm suprised Manly HQ have any doors left after the way they shafted Des.

Didn't Des absolutely hate the Penns?

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Living very close to both Des and Bozo and I can tell you that Des will not have anything to do with Manly whilst Bozo is there. End of story.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Has it ever been published or confirmed what his contract figure is? I certainly haven't seen it anywhere? Can anyone confirm?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If I was Des, I would happily take the $1m plus payout.
Not sure, but it would probably get a concessional tax treatment.
Then sit back and take the job at Manly.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Makes good sense and nothing would suprise me with des.
But didn't Barrett just recieve an extension?
This may be the fuel to the Des & Barrett straight swap...one ponders.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Living very close to both Des and Bozo and I can tell you that Des will not have anything to do with Manly whilst Bozo is there. End of story.
Puts an end to the theory, thanks for that info LJ

Status
Not open for further replies.