Dene Halatau - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon Des is priming Tim Browne as his replacement to be honest. Similar sort of player and runs a really nice line too. Just hampered with injuries early in his career like Hodko.

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One of the biggest difference from last years team is Tony Williams has taken the place of Halatau in the 2nd row. This has definitely impacted our performances in attack and defence IMO. I think Des needs to accept that he is wrong on this one and play Williams from the bench for the sake of our season. No need to be stubborn on this one.

coreyhart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maybe it was only me?, but against the Rorters was Hala the only Doggie hitting the ball from deep (i.e. when he scored)? We should have taken a leaf out of Nuiisala's game-book. Frank-Paul owned us.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have a relatively young side and having Halatau in the mix is a good thing, more game time please Des.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
i feel for this guy, i really do. a number of times he would stand up whilst on the bench as if to say "des im here & im ready", only to sit back down. i too would be pissed playing 5 mins a game while (i cant even bring myself to type his name) gets to play for most of it :(

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely Halatau must get more minutes a game than he is. He is one of the only guys in our side that knows how to run a good line to keep the defence on their toes.
Halatau just shouldn't get more minutes, he ought to be in the run on side. Apart from running lines into holes he is a good defender and ball player. He would fit into the lock position no trouble at all.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to know what Dene has done (or not done) to be only getting 8mins a game?

Last year when we had our 11(?) game winning streak he was our starting backrower, and he was great for us. Next minute he gets injured now he's completely out of favour.
still want to know why

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Joe Galuvao was getting heaps of game time at the Sea Eagles, and he was not only older than Halatau; but arguably not as good.

Halatau was great last year before his injury, and even in the 8min he does get will still see the hard running player we know he is.

It just makes no sense that he is only playing 5-10min a game.

He'll probably be told he's no longer required beyond this season and will head back to the Tigers. Sadly they'll not waste him out there.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to know what Dene has done (or not done) to be only getting 8mins a game?

Last year when we had our 11(?) game winning streak he was our starting backrower, and he was great for us. Next minute he gets injured now he's completely out of favour.
So do I Moe. I think most of us do.

Breeding pups

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He plays 8mins at 100%
While SHE-rex plays 80mins at 1%
DES please explain.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Dene. He is so good but isn't getting a fair go at all.

He must be leaving the club this year.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Des this year is this year and next year is next year put him on for the sake of the team ,so what that he might be leaving next year. He is still a good player and the tigers want him so what does that mean it means he is still a good player.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grimaldi seems to think hes off to the tigers next year, mentioned it last Friday at the game, if true, time will tell

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Grimaldi seems to think hes off to the tigers next year, mentioned it last Friday at the game, if true, time will tell
big loss for us if its true, Tigers will gain a great player back in their fold where he won his first premiership, Really hope des gives him more game time as we surely need his experience and ability.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cant blame him the way hes getting treated ,des is truely falling on his sword with trex i just wonder what a player has to do to get dropped under des unless your names t lafai

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only got 7mins last night.

Doesn't make sense to me (regardless who the player is). Right now were only seem to be playing well in the first and last 20mins of games. In between we seem to clock off. Imo that is the perfect time to bring Dene on.

He runs the ball at a gazillion mph and does a lot of tackling. And is mobile enough to help cover all those breaks teams seem to be making against us in that lull.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Only got 7mins last night.

Doesn't make sense to me (regardless who the player is). Right now were only seem to be playing well in the first and last 20mins of games. In between we seem to clock off. Imo that is the perfect time to bring Dene on.

He runs the ball at a gazillion mph and does a lot of tackling. And is mobile enough to help cover all those breaks teams seem to be making against us in that lull.
Tim Browne, to me, is a bit quicker & plays with more force. Would you rather Browne or Halatau in that role?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tim Browne, to me, is a bit quicker & plays with more force. Would you rather Browne or Halatau in that role?
Definately Halatau. Browne is a prop.

Halatau is great on the edges, knows how to run a good line (unlike someone I won't name) and had a good combo with Reynolds last year.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really? Could have sworn he was playing second row. Suggestion withdrawn!

Status
Not open for further replies.