Dene Halatau - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
General discussion on match form, selection, injuries, contracts, and anything else here.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He might be getting old but the amount of charity this guy does off the field while being a NRL player is so good. This guy deserves a good future after the NRL and hopefully he doesn't stop giving :grinning:

Mallyboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My expectations of him are high. Waiting for him to fire 2013.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might be getting old but the amount of charity this guy does off the field while being a NRL player is so good. This guy deserves a good future after the NRL and hopefully he doesn't stop giving :grinning:
One of the nicest, down to earth guys u will ever meet. Coming off an injury, will kill it this year.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to know what Dene has done (or not done) to be only getting 8mins a game?

Last year when we had our 11(?) game winning streak he was our starting backrower, and he was great for us. Next minute he gets injured now he's completely out of favour.

H

HajdukSplit

We need Halatau playing alot of minutes to tighten the fringes just like what he and stagg did last year. We are getting smashed around the fringes.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need Halatau playing alot of minutes to tighten the fringes just like what he and stagg did last year. We are getting smashed around the fringes.
Fucking oath. That and we're missing that straight runner when Reynolds goes drifting across field with the ball.

H

HajdukSplit

Last year the team was balanced out alot better with plenty of firepower and Dene and Stagg tightening up the fringes. This season the balance is not there as Stagg is gone and Halatau not getting enough minutes. Obviously T-Rex is in for Halatau but he obviously is very week in defence.

IMO there is plenty of firepower with Kas, Graham, Eastwood and Pritchard while T-Rex is not needed in the starting line-up. Halatau should be getting 60 min to tighten up the fringes and T-Rex should be brought on as an impact player when the opposition defence tires.

Funny enough we have been in most games this year up to half-time, only to be blown away in the second half, the reason i think is we miss the Halatau-Stagg type player around the fringes with the big men gassing out after the 60th minute!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hasler has always had a habit of using minimal interchanges (even at Manly). Tis not unusual to go through a game with only 15 or 16 players being used.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah I'm confused, as to why Halatau's game time has gone down so much all year, last year he was def one of my fav players, he was consistent week in week out , hit the line hard and tackled like a machine. Hasler's hardly giving him a chance to earn another contract gotta feel bad for him.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the way he plays, he turns up every game....

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
There are a couple of areas where Des and I part ways. One of those is his use of Halatau. Dene tackles everything that moves on the edge and he runs absolutely fantastic lines. On our right side at the moment T-Rex is a man missing and Inu is playing like a child. Halatau should have been brought on early yesterday.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Seems like he is playing a similar role to Payne last year.
Plays 10min or so at the end of games.

He will cover hooker/centres if there is an injury.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year the team was balanced out alot better with plenty of firepower and Dene and Stagg tightening up the fringes. This season the balance is not there as Stagg is gone and Halatau not getting enough minutes. Obviously T-Rex is in for Halatau but he obviously is very week in defence.

IMO there is plenty of firepower with Kas, Graham, Eastwood and Pritchard while T-Rex is not needed in the starting line-up. Halatau should be getting 60 min to tighten up the fringes and T-Rex should be brought on as an impact player when the opposition defence tires.

Funny enough we have been in most games this year up to half-time, only to be blown away in the second half, the reason i think is we miss the Halatau-Stagg type player around the fringes with the big men gassing out after the 60th minute!
Right on the money.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Couldnt agree more.. Denes experience and class is whats missing.. i have mentioned this earlier in the year only to have people say bring in the jacksons and finucanes etc.. even romelo. Dene is a class act and I hope des changes tact with the use of him sooner as we need him. Im confident given the opporuntity he will prove to be a wonderful success to this years campaign and he rightly deserves a contract upgrade with the club.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldnt agree more.. Denes experience and class is whats missing.. i have mentioned this earlier in the year only to have people say bring in the jacksons and finucanes etc.. even romelo. Dene is a class act and I hope des changes tact with the use of him sooner as we need him. Im confident given the opporuntity he will prove to be a wonderful success to this years campaign and he rightly deserves a contract upgrade with the club.
We lost the GF with Dene out of the side. Along with Stagg, one of our most under-rated players. Also a top bloke off the field.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, we need him in this side and has to be used longer than 10 mins. Should play at least 40 mins.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, we need him in this side and has to be used longer than 10 mins. Should play at least 40 mins.
He has played 40 mins in total all year lol

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who else thinks Hasler could use the interchange better?

Status
Not open for further replies.