Defending the indefencible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I cant do it any longer.

There's a line in a song I like by a band called the Bouncing Souls and it goes "Give me a reason to care, and I'll sing along forever !"

After watching that 80 minutes of garbage tonight it's the only thing I can think of.

Seriously, what the f*ck what that tonight ??? How do you get beat by last years premiers by "5" and show up next week to get run over by the likely wooden spooners by "8" ?

I've sat here for weeks on end (perhaps months and years on some issues) defending the squad.
It's not Moore's fault ! It's not the halves fault !
It's temporary ! We'll overcome !
Blah, blah f*cking blah !

Here's what sh*ts me : Those f*cking pea-hearts have ZERO respect for what the fans go through !

Fans everywhere (and not just on this very forum) fork out hard earned to go and watch those boys and get served up pathetic shyte !

They travel to Melbourne and spend thousands last year - And got served a bowl full of sh*t !
They sit in the rain at the SCG and risked pneumonia - Only to get served a plate full of juvenille mistakes !
They travelled to Canberra and organise 50 others to spend a combined $2000+ more - Only to have that inept bunch of idiots serve up that 80mins of gourmet claptrap !!!

Seriously, THIS ... is all our boys can serve up as thanks ???

The Army is travelling to Brisbane soon too - Makes me wonder what special brand of sh*t they've got in store for them up there !

I cant defend this inept sh*t from our squad any longer - It's woeful. It's pitiful. It's embarrassing.

All the positive press, all the proper branding, all the correct marketing in the right areas means absolutely **** all if they continue to serve up that 80mins of garbage !

The focus is wrong.
The execution is wrong.
The backs are playing as individuals.
The halves did sweet FA tonight.

The whole stinkin' attitude over the 80 minutes is all fkn wrong !

Back to the drawing board boys - Give us a reason to care !

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
Nice! it is pretty hard to choke down this **** week in week out, something has got to give.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
HaHaHa.................Thanks! The only time tonight I had a laugh.

What a top selling book.........would get the Pulitzer prize.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Was wondering if you were going to be your usual optimistic self, sadly tonight broke CK

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Kevin's a lemon and there's not much else to it. I don't mean it as an attack on Moore, because I think he is as Bulldog as they come, and we're better off having him involved in the joint, rather than elsewhere. But as a coach, my personal opinion is that he has proved to be out of his depth.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Nothing good to say about tonight's game. Idris needs to really think about his attack and get some momentum with ball in hand instead of standing flat footed. His aggresive defence was a highlight although we couldn't cross the line when we have several chances.

Pritchard now I know why Penrith weren't upset to see you go :(

Nadzzz..

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Idris, Morris and Barba need the ball when we're close to the opposition line. Theres no use letting the forwards or halves carry the ball forward because they never do anything.

Moore doesnt need to go, but perhaps he could step down to assistant and promote Dymock...or we could try and nab Ricky Stuart (I think Penrith already have him though lol). Something is not gelling and players need to be dropped even thought they may be star players, if they're not performing they need a run in reserve grade and it will be a chance to give our younger guns a go.

Frustrating! I don't think Moore is entirely to blame though.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Was wondering if you were going to be your usual optimistic self, sadly tonight broke CK
I know - I can usually find a silver lining in a freshly laid steaming turd ... but tonight, 30 tackles in the wooden spooners attacking zone for ZERO points .... that is PURE sh*t !

I don't think anyone gives these boys the hard truths ....

Hype and ability only get you so far !
Individual brilliance is not enough in the long run.

Halves : Need to double their efforts midweek on kicking game.
Backs : Need to double their efforts midweek on kick returns.
Forwards : Need to double their efforts midweek on line speed and kick chases.

Attitude. Pride. Execution. - Double all those things FFS !

holbi

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
The Dogs were very poor tonight, round 11 and we are not looking good, there are no combinations working whatsoever. The pack cant match the opposition at all, out muscled and out played. They Dogs play one out footy and either bomb on the 5th tackle or kick it straight to their fullback. Even under 12 kids playing mod footy have to pass it at least twice. I didn't realise how slow our halves are, it was so obvious watching the Raiders Duo scoot around, ducking and weaving and our two plodding around throwing the predictable dummy that fooled no-one and kicking in goal to no-one. It cost me over $130 to go to that game with the kids and boy do I feel cheated and robbed. Don't mind getting beaten when they all put in, but there were a lot of Dog players who were just going through the motions, there is no pride in their jumpers with this mob. Bloody disgrace.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i'm in that optimist boat too. i've been giving the whole set up every chance and tonight was as good a chance as they'll ever get to prove they are growing

all the possession, territory and even the refs calls went for us, yet we served up crap in attack

i know canberra played pretty well, but with all that ball and turf we had and we showed extremely poor form. as we all know, it came back to our halves tonight and coach moore has to take a hit for this too. all the opportunity to show growth in alot of our areas of footy and we bombed out big time.

the only improvement i noticed is our line speed improved, but that alone is nowhere near good enough for what we need to be doing. we're nearly halfway through the season now

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Totally agree, and this crap is the second year running!

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant do it any longer.

There's a line in a song I like by a band called the Bouncing Souls and it goes "Give me a reason to care, and I'll sing along forever !"

After watching that 80 minutes of garbage tonight it's the only thing I can think of.

Seriously, what the f*ck what that tonight ??? How do you get beat by last years premiers by "5" and show up next week to get run over by the likely wooden spooners by "8" ?

I've sat here for weeks on end (perhaps months and years on some issues) defending the squad.
It's not Moore's fault ! It's not the halves fault !
It's temporary ! We'll overcome !
Blah, blah f*cking blah !

Here's what sh*ts me : Those f*cking pea-hearts have ZERO respect for what the fans go through !

Fans everywhere (and not just on this very forum) fork out hard earned to go and watch those boys and get served up pathetic shyte !

They travel to Melbourne and spend thousands last year - And got served a bowl full of sh*t !
They sit in the rain at the SCG and risked pneumonia - Only to get served a plate full of juvenille mistakes !
They travelled to Canberra and organise 50 others to spend a combined $2000+ more - Only to have that inept bunch of idiots serve up that 80mins of gourmet claptrap !!!

Seriously, THIS ... is all our boys can serve up as thanks ???

The Army is travelling to Brisbane soon too - Makes me wonder what special brand of sh*t they've got in store for them up there !

I cant defend this inept sh*t from our squad any longer - It's woeful. It's pitiful. It's embarrassing.

All the positive press, all the proper branding, all the correct marketing in the right areas means absolutely **** all if they continue to serve up that 80mins of garbage !

The focus is wrong.
The execution is wrong.
The backs are playing as individuals.
The halves did sweet FA tonight.

The whole stinkin' attitude over the 80 minutes is all fkn wrong !

Back to the drawing board boys - Give us a reason to care !
Very very succinct. I just hope Moore, Dymock, Kimmorley, players and most importantly Greenberg read this.
Maybe you could email it to the club.
INEPT is a true description of the rubbish they're serving up for us !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.