Dedicated RL channel on Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When will they start a dedicated RL channel on Fox that shows NRL, NSW Cup & under 20 games?

If there is 2 or 3 current games hit the RED button and select your game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They have one for gayfl, why not nrl?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
When will they start a dedicated RL channel on Fox that shows NRL, NSW Cup & under 20 games?

If there is 2 or 3 current games hit the RED button and select your game.
I had a mate that was a camera man he filmed quite a bit of nsw cup for a while in the last year and a half his work is all but gone. They don't have it in the budget. I would love to see every game televised along side super league all in one channel

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foxtel are showing more NSW Cup these days than ever before...

Like the other week when there was all 3 grades of Dogs games :grinning:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What would they show on Fox Sports 1, 2 and 3 without the NRL? lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What annoys me is that you can't get a basic sports package, and Foxtel is plus, plus, plus these days.

Moving out of here in about 6 months time and I'll be losing access to Foxtel.

Foxtel Go eats through data, and Foxtel by the time you add sports, and take into consideration all the ads and crap on there, its simply not worth it.

Blows me away theres no competition to it out here, so they can charge what they want.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What annoys me is that you can't get a basic sports package, and Foxtel is plus, plus, plus these days.

Foxtel Go eats through data, and Foxtel by the time you add sports, and take into consideration all the ads and crap on there, its simply not worth it.

Blows me away theres no competition to it out here, so they can charge what they want.
If you use Bigpond ADSL data is unmetred.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On a side note, does anybody here subscribe to the NRL Digital Pass? Seems to be ok value @ $89 for a year. Thought I could stream onto my phone or tablet, and then just Bluetooth onto my tele?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On a side note, does anybody here subscribe to the NRL Digital Pass? Seems to be ok value @ $89 for a year. Thought I could stream onto my phone or tablet, and then just Bluetooth onto my tele?
What is it? What is it meant to do?

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
I got it, haven't had more than 10 minutes without it dropping out requiring you to reload (Full bar Wi-Fi service so nuts to their 'Quality depends on internet access' excuse). That last Knights V Sharks game dropped out once every 2 minutes on average. Shocking service imo . Probably the reason they put all the Full match replays in the package, since the initial reason to get it stinks.

I'd recommend other avenues

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I got it, haven't had more than 10 minutes without it dropping out requiring you to reload (Full bar Wi-Fi service so nuts to their 'Quality depends on internet access' excuse). That last Knights V Sharks game dropped out once every 2 minutes on average. Shocking service imo . Probably the reason they put all the Full match replays in the package, since the initial reason to get it stinks.

Thanks for the feedback.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Tell me about it, me and my mates wish Foxtel just had a package for Fox Sports that would be like what 15-20$ a month we reckon they would make some decent money from it. We got rid of Foxtel for faster internet (DOCSIS 3.0 with Bigpond so good but useless now as we don't play games anymore lol) and now we just stream everything easily lol.

The bastards removed streaming to a computer or an output device in a recent update as people were doing this. I don't know why they would remove it as people were still paying for it, before you could also use an android emulator on a pc with your account to watch games perfectly but nope aswell...

The NRLs new flash/video player on the websites/mobile apps are starting to ****ing piss me off big time, they auto correct the quality mid way through the video instead of having a fixed quality you could choose like before or similar to youtube. Having a video start in super shit quality then change to near HD by the end of it is so ****ing stupid on so many levels these days...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If you use Bigpond ADSL data is unmetred.
But that means going with Bigpond for internet. and friends don't let friends sign up with Bigpond.

I'm with iiNet. Sent a few painful years on Bigpond, and have just given Telstra the arse at work. They outsource so much and as a result things go to crap.

The bastards removed streaming to a computer or an output device in a recent update as people were doing this. I don't know why they would remove it as people were still paying for it, before you could also use an android emulator on a pc with your account to watch games perfectly but nope aswell...
That's why you have something like the ASUS TF300T Android tablet. Natively supports Mini HDMI > HDMI > TV/monitor.

So as long as you can get an image on the tablet, you can push it to a TV.

The NRLs new flash/video player on the websites/mobile apps are starting to ****ing piss me off big time, they auto correct the quality mid way through the video instead of having a fixed quality you could choose like before or similar to youtube. Having a video start in super shit quality then change to near HD by the end of it is so ****ing stupid on so many levels these days...
Don't get me started. I've seen better video and frame rates on the Amstrad 6128 or Commodore 64 I owned.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But that means going with Bigpond for internet. and friends don't let friends sign up with Bigpond.

I'm with iiNet. Sent a few painful years on Bigpond, and have just given Telstra the arse at work. They outsource so much and as a result things go to crap.

That's why you have something like the ASUS TF300T Android tablet. Natively supports Mini HDMI > HDMI > TV/monitor.

So as long as you can get an image on the tablet, you can push it to a TV.

Don't get me started. I've seen better video and frame rates on the Amstrad 6128 or Commodore 64 I owned.
Bigpond isn't so bad its pricey but usually the best for heavier users who can afford it, I live about ~500 meters from the exchange point so you could imagine my speeds on a DOCSIS 3.0 connection with pretty much no congestion in my area but the upload speeds they offer to the public are rubbish...

When I use to game 5 ping was the norm in all FPS games I played and around the same for RTS (Dota2) games aswell, ah good times but it is only used for download and streaming or when my mates come over to leach if needed lol.

Not all of use have that sort of thing to use haha but it is propably the best fail proof solution for this issue, that video player the NRL are using needs to die or be changed. I might send the NRL an email about it pointing out the usability violations and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.