Dear SBW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
He was keen to stay on but it's only Rd 1 it wasn't the grand final so he should've got treatment. When it happened my 1st thoughts were 'plzzz dont be an acl or pcl injury' otherwise it will be curtains for the season.

He's also got to be less careless with the shoulder charges and offloads.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the coach should have hooked him, players have too much pride - everyone knows that

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
SBW was very dusty after a shoulder charge gone wrong early in the first half TBH.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
I agree, he should of left the field..danny williams was still on the bench at that time. The possibility of SBW leaving the field as he was struggling was slim as he wanted to stay on...but i would of much rather had him off with a slight injury than something major

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
it was just cramp. Most of the time u can run it out on the field

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I disagree,

if Sullivan got that ball down. You wouldn't be saying its a good idea for him to have come off

;)

Its not uncommon for players to try to run off an injury, thats all he was doing

MASONS-A-GRONK

i-love-myself
Reaction score
Maybe he was just trying to prove that his bones arn't made out of biscuits...carry on..

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
He was 3 on 1 tackled from what I remembered, nothing illegal but the way he fell made him a little ginger.

He then played like a ***** because he didn't want to re-injury himself, fair enough... but he continued to play the rest of the game. From what I remember it was around the 60th minute
It was in the first half dude and a problem with his right knee on the outside of it. possibly a ligament strain. It was very worrying but good to see him overcome it. Hopefully it won't require him to sit out next week.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good on him for showing his mental toughness...probably not the best idea for the team, but he showed the rest of the guys to suck it up, and him being on the field was probably more of an advantage...i reckon we'd have played worse if our players knew SBW was off the field...if this post sounds ricdiculous its coz i'm drunk so i aplogise in advance!!

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good on him for showing his mental toughness...probably not the best idea for the team, but he showed the rest of the guys to suck it up, and him being on the field was probably more of an advantage...i reckon we'd have played worse if our players knew SBW was off the field...if this post sounds ricdiculous its coz i'm drunk so i aplogise in advance!!
I forgot who jinxed an injury for the dogs yesterday. Care to elaborate MR C?
:D

Mongrel

blue & white since 73
Reaction score
he is a feirce competitor fullstop,he tried to run it out,its called commitment!I didnt see him let anyone through or throw stupid passes,but i saw other do that,maybe if you actually played the game and know what the hell your talking about ,stop *****ing and moaning and pointing fingers at innocent parties,and look at the big picture,they should have kick for the sidelines,completed their sets and slowed the game down,not try and play a game of tag! and the turning point in the game was the hindmarsh holdback/knockon 6 tackles later they score ,its round one and thankfully parra played like we did also,otherwise it could have been ugly!

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody will ever question SBW's heart, the bloke come back on with a broken arm!!!

The concern I have is SBW not wanting to embarrass himself by having to come off injured again is what kept him on the field. I don't care how mentally strong you are, when you've had as many injuries as SBW has had in such a short period of time it starts playing on your mind.

Now when you come off injured first game back, ppl will start talking and questioning your longevity in the game, something I'm sure SBW wants to avoid.

Sonny should not be afraid of coming off injured to avoid ridicule, something I think happened today.
I think you are spot on. BUT, surely the big question is why didn't the coach make the decision for him.

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
this can be looked at two ways...good on him for showing his passion (something that was absent last season in some players) but also not the brightest move

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
My rough guess is between the 54th and 60th minute. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Either way, it was for an extended period of time...
I just watched the second half, it happened in the first five minutes of the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.