News Dean Pay pleads for Bulldogs fans' faith as club eagerly seek roster improvements

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've been on the Grant hype train since pre November. I've already seen enough. If we were to sign him he'll be the first player I've ever gotten a poster for (;)).
Are you telling me that Pay Poster you have is a fake ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are you telling me that Pay Poster you have is a fake ?
I'm content with Pay being our coach atm (yet to fail to meet expectations, I personally think he's done a good job since he's been here), but I want a top coach, is one available tho? That's my stance.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We weren't expected to win one game against who we played, yet we have one win. The team we beat is much better than us on paper.

Can you please go do some research why we're fielding a team really multiple millions under the salary cap. I think that's the biggest reason for our results personally.
I'm afraid you are just click bait. I won't be engaging anymore with you Mrs Pay.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wont resign he wants to be sacked so he gets paid out but those spastics in management wont do it. He looks defeated and he is out of his depth it would be interesting to sit in in one of his video sessions he makes no sense in Press conferences. Repeats the same shit each week

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm afraid you are just click bait. I won't be engaging anymore with you Mrs Pay.
I'm just stating facts, sorry if you don't want to read it. I'll advise the best thing to do is not reply to me, even if I reply to you first.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been on the Grant hype train since pre November. I've already seen enough. If we were to sign him he'll be the first player I've ever gotten a poster for (;)).
Ive heard about him too nancy, and watched him closely yet doesnt mean hes a top hooker, still a way to go.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Remind me again who else was in the running/wanting the job when Pay was hired?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Remind me again who else was in the running/wanting the job when Pay was hired?
No top assistant coaches because it would of been career suicide. That's the same for top coaches. Whoever took over would be getting the same reaction as Pay's getting.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roster improvements???

We played against the Tigers ffs, their forward pack is a bunch of no names but Maguire has them well coached. He recruited in areas they actually needed FB, Hooker & Centre

Meanwhile at the Bulldogs this dud board kept Pay and signed more forwards Napa & Thompson all on big money. Where are the strike players??

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No top assistant coaches because it would of been career suicide. That's the same for top coaches. Whoever took over would be getting the same reaction as Pay's getting.
As sad as it is, I am a big fan of this Bulldogs DNA talk and was really hoping Pay could help re-establish our heritage.
It is blatantly true that whoever to the job wasn't going to be winning any trophies. Lack of quality, no depth, salary cap issues, young team, blah blah
As fans our biggest issue is that there are areas that, to us as onlookers, should be done a lot better. For eg: selections, bench rotations, fitness, support play, set pieces.
Heart is there, effort is there but Pay does not know how to put the pieces together and/or doesn't have the right support around him.

The board, I believe, do not want to come out and say that he won't be resigned unless they have a suitable replacement.
We can only have another rookie coach if there is also another "coaching director" appointed along side him - would be happy with a Dymock / Pay / Anderson with a Bennett / Gould / Bellamy / Hagan - not keen on Fitzgibbon as he would use us as a training run for Roosters/Dragons top job. But an experienced hand to help with recruitment and retention and to mentor for 2 years.

Ware / Griffin / Barrett are worth at least looking into.

Flanagan / Kearney / Jones - F^@% no

Sure there are no strike players or coaches available but if nothing changes, well nothing changes!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: he stuck by his players and helped them grow. Some haven’t blossomed like we all thought. He know he needs more big name players. Man the covid19 fucked the space time continuum.... wasn’t what I saw

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Management will be forced to do something soon, its not just losing, its losing so badly. How do they expect to sign players/attract sponsors/sell memberships, merch etc.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
quest to bolster their playing roster.
envision blaming the roster for not having a good game plan, having shit bench management, not having any attacking/defending/support play structures.

#bringthemadness alright.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay just doesn't instil confidence in the fans, so imagine the players! They must just sit they thinking yes everything should be ok in 3 years. There is no leadership, no direction and this leads to no heart and no soul. Tired of all the excuses. Our forwards are too slow. The new 6 again rule is killing us, the same reason the Broncos are losing. The game has changes and faster smaller forwards are needed to get up run, back up and support. We will never win with Britt, Tolman, Jackson, Napa and Sue on the field. They are all to one dimensional and offer nothing in attack. Our backs look lost. Dummy half is poor.

They are all playing for Pay and each other we hear. Well how about playing harder, tougher, faster and smarter and playing for the fans.