News Dean Pay pleads for Bulldogs fans' faith as club eagerly seek roster improvements

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ese'ese, Guerra, Moga, Pearce, Ponga, Watson, Glasby, Hunt, Klemmer, Lee, Mann, Brailey, McCullough, Shibasaki, Tuala

vs

Meaney, Cogger, Sue, CHN (lol), Crichton, Napa, DWZ, Stimson, Britt, Katoa

Even this isn't comparable.
Knights are very lucky though... If Roosters weren't allowed to cheat the cap and get Cronk they don't get Pearce and they would still be in a world of hurt searching for a 7

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right.

So we need 3 - 4 qaulity players u reckon.

We played the tigers who stomped all over us, out enthused us, out skilled us and out muscled us.
Why? Maybe, just maybe madge is squeezing the talent and confidence out of them and creating a culture and putting in systems

Dean, can you name me 3 - 4 qaulity they have?
Leilua possibly.. grant is still young and inexperienced so we cant name him, brooks has been way down on form for agers cant name him. Cant think of 1 "qaulity" player Yet they smashed us.

A good coach makes an average player, a good player.

Honestly deano i liked you as player and you come across as good fella but your coaching stinks, and making same old excuses is not a good look.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really pisses me off when Pay says we need to sign 3-4 players! We would have a decent hooker if they never pushed Cook out or kept Mahoney! We wouldn’t require wingers if they kept Simonsson, Katoa or Talua, and the list goes on. But they signed and kept Holland ffs! Whoever is in recruitment should go with Pay also! For years we have been letting our best young players go! Recruitment and retention has been an absolute shit show for many years now. Although I for one am not a fan of bringing Reynolds back, but we shouldn’t have pushed him out the door without a decent replacement! He tore us a new one last night, even though he made his usual mistakes, still better than what we have to offer!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Right.

So we need 3 - 4 qaulity players u reckon.

We played the tigers who stomped all over us, out enthused us, out skilled us and out muscled us.
Why? Maybe, just maybe madge is squeezing the talent and confidence out of them and creating a culture and putting in systems

Dean, can you name me 3 - 4 qaulity they have?
Leilua possibly.. grant is still young and inexperienced so we cant name him, brooks has been way down on form for agers cant name him. Cant think of 1 "qaulity" player Yet they smashed us.

A good coach makes an average player, a good player.

Honestly deano i liked you as player and you come across as good fella but your coaching stinks, and making same old excuses is not a good look.
Grant's going to win the Dally M if he continues how he's going, apparently we can get him for ~600k next season (not, LOL).

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ese'ese, Guerra, Moga, Pearce, Ponga, Watson, Glasby, Hunt, Klemmer, Lee, Mann, Brailey, McCullough, Shibasaki, Tuala

vs

Do you watch our games? We have no Fucking game plan you dumb ****! Go suck Pay off!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you watch our games? We have no Fucking game plan you dumb c***! Go suck Pay off!
Facts

vs

Dribble
"Do you watch our games? We have no Fucking game plan you dumb c***! Go suck Pay off!"

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grant's going to win the Dally M if he continues how he's going, apparently we can get him for ~600k next season (not, LOL).
Under dean no way.

And your point is?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Under dean no way.

And your point is?
Well first of all he's already a top hooker in the competition, one of the best. The other part was a dig at people thinking it wouldn't cost ~1m, or thereabouts, for Grant.

Also why did Thompson want to come play under Pay/our club? $$$

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well first of all he's already a top hooker in the competition, one of the best. The other part was a dig at people thinking it wouldn't cost ~1m, or thereabouts, for Grant.
Settle down now, too early to tag him with "top" yes hes a top prospect at this stage.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Settle down now, too early to tag him with "top" yes hes a top prospect at this stage.
I've been on the Grant hype train since pre November. I've already seen enough. If we were to sign him he'll be the first player I've ever gotten a poster for (;)).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

vs

That wasn't why we got rid of all those players. We got rid of all those players so we'd be cap complaint and able to recruit for 2021 (it could of been a lot worse). Don't come at me unless you know what you're talking about. We lost all of our best players and replaced them with: Meaney, Cogger, Sue, CHN (lol), Crichton, Napa, DWZ, Stimson, Britt, Katoa. We have to spend at least 95% of our salary cap.
So really we shoulda done everyone a favour and forfeited these passt 3 years, so we can justify your defeatist "players to blame"rhetoric.

Last edited:

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Facts

vs

Dribble
"Do you watch our games? We have no Fucking game plan you dumb c***! Go suck Pay off!"
Are you kidding? We have won 1 game this season. We are last! We will run last. Newcastle had a bad day against Nth Qld. We only have bad days. Not one player has improved under Pay. And don't start me and say Elliot. He is a myth. He gets dominated every hit up after impact.

Three years of ineptitude. Laughing stock of the League. Other fans don't even hate us anymore. We are the Souths of the 90's and Parra of the noughties. The club needs a proper cleanout. The coach has to go. No question. The board is weak and has been all talk since they came in. Andrew Hill looks like a pot plant and doesn't have the necessary balls to stand up to the board and demand action.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Cook and Finucine really pissed me off though Cook is already on the downward trend even though the new rules should suit him
Cook has been good the last 3 weeks. Was still their best or close to it against Penrith. Started the season flat like the whole side did.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"Hopefully, they'll make a difference to what our team is, I'm sure they will," Pay said of the club's pursuit of new talent.

This ^ is just laughable!
So he'll just be relying on the new recruits talent..

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
do yourself a favor dean, pull the pin put the pressure directly back onto lynn and the board

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are you kidding? We have won 1 game this season. We are last! We will run last. Newcastle had a bad day against Nth Qld. We only have bad days. Not one player has improved under Pay. And don't start me and say Elliot. He is a myth. He gets dominated every hit up after impact.

Three years of ineptitude. Laughing stock of the League. Other fans don't even hate us anymore. We are the Souths of the 90's and Parra of the noughties. The club needs a proper cleanout. The coach has to go. No question. The board is weak and has been all talk since they came in. Andrew Hill looks like a pot plant and doesn't have the necessary balls to stand up to the board and demand action.
We weren't expected to win one game against who we played, yet we have one win. The team we beat is much better than us on paper.

Can you please go do some research why we're fielding a team really multiple millions under the salary cap. I think that's the biggest reason for our results personally.