cant wait to play footy again

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ffs I thought the title said pay on 25m

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have any sports journalists lost there job over this. Can’t see how there’s even a sports segment in the news anymore. There’s nothing happening.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Shows the rookie coaches how they come across. Doesn't give fans confidence after hearing them. Makes you wonder if the players feel the same especially the younger players. When robbo speaks he does he confidence, every sentence has a meaning , every problem has a resolution. I have alot of respect for the bloke. So jealous the roosters have a great system and that is robbo more than unc.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Shows the rookie coaches how they come across. Doesn't give fans confidence after hearing them. Makes you wonder if the players feel the same especially the younger players. When robbo speaks he does he confidence, every sentence has a meaning , every problem has a resolution. I have alot of respect for the bloke. So jealous the roosters have a great system and that is robbo more than unc.
We have a long, long way to go to get to any resemblance of that level, in EVERY aspect of our football operations. Here's hoping we can lift.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think this year is make or break, the cards aren’t falling well for him.. lost chn.. Stimson.. which leaves a big hole. He’s gotta blood some new juniors and expose them to first grade, and he has to make some good signings this year can’t afford to sit around waiting. I’ve been patient like a lot of us but after round 2 I’m not confident .. first game against eels was good but can’t lie when they say chn and okunbur fucked up our roll we had . If dwz has another shocker chuck him back to wing and get Meaney there.

If foz is fit soon and can last the season we could def make finals our team hasn’t changed much but I’ll say it again CHN = Big Loss

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I forgot he was coach tbh

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a professional coaching staff wouldn't it? Listening to Pay speak about footy and witnessing his lack of tactical knowledge, you wonder how he ever got the job.

Comparing the way Pay talks tactically to the better NRL coaches, the difference is night and day. It's cringeworthy hearing Pay just repeat himself over and over about working hard, defending etc as he can't give any other kind of answer as he has a very limited knowledge. He certainly doesn't instill confidence when talking footy.

So again, I know very few people wanted the job at the time but it doesn't seem like Dib did any due dilligence on whether Pay was equipped or had the resumè/knowledge to handle being a FG coach. The only reason he was hired was because he's an ex-Bulldog and Dib tried to save his job by "getting back to our roots" of "Bulldog DNA" after an outsider like Des ruined our culture.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a professional coaching staff wouldn't it? Listening to Pay speak about footy and witnessing his lack of tactical knowledge, you wonder how he ever got the job.

Comparing the way Pay talks tactically to the better NRL coaches, the difference is night and day. It's cringeworthy hearing Pay just repeat himself over and over about working hard, defending etc as he can't give any other kind of answer as he has a very limited knowledge. He certainly doesn't instill confidence when talking footy.

So again, I know very few people wanted the job at the time but it doesn't seem like Dib did any due dilligence on whether Pay was equipped or had the resumè/knowledge to handle being a FG coach. The only reason he was hired was because he's an ex-Bulldog and Dib tried to save his job by "getting back to our roots" of "Bulldog DNA" after an outsider like Des ruined our culture.
I somewhat agree with that. He seems to lack the tactical knowledge or thinking. Seems he doesn't think outside the box and is a massive thinker on the game. Would be a very good assistant coach. Need a young coach who is willing try new things has a vision and eye for detail...who i dont know

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I somewhat agree with that. He seems to lack the tactical knowledge or thinking. Seems he doesn't think outside the box and is a massive thinker on the game. Would be a very good assistant coach. Need a young coach who is willing try new things has a vision and eye for detail...who i dont know
Wouldn't even have him as an assistant, Raiders are flying with him gone.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree. He's a good assistant coach. And there's no shame in that. But the responsibility of being head coach isn't for everyone. Plenty of guys like Jason Taylor, David Furner etc have proven they aren't head coach material but are highly regarded assistants who offer a lot in a lesser role.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wouldn't even have him as an assistant, Raiders are flying with him gone.
Doesn't have to be our assistant as it would be awkward if he was replaced. But he's done a good job with our defence so I'm sure another club will see value in him as an assistant.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
An unfortunate fact, if Dib wanted to “save his job” then he would have gone with Dymock, picked the assistant coach and promoted from within, that’s about as “Bulldog DNA” as there is. Dymock had far more claim to making sure that we were “getting back to our roots”. Picking Pay on that reason simply fails the logic test. The fact is Pay was the best applicant at the time, the others either didn’t apply or walked away when the true state of our cap was revealed to them.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Doesn't have to be our assistant as it would be awkward if he was replaced. But he's done a good job with our defence so I'm sure another club will see value in him as an assistant.
We work hard, we scramble hard, etc...but we're hardly well drilled unit. Pay has just built a team that fights and struggles and unfortunately for us that's the extent of his abilities.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We work hard, we scramble hard, etc...but we're hardly well drilled unit. Pay has just built a team that fights and struggles and unfortunately for us that's the extent of his abilities.
Oh I agree. But that doesn't mean he won't have value as an assistant for another club.