Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still in "benefit of the doubt mode" on Pay. Im soooo tempted to call for his head but not yet give till round 15 at least ... maybe lol

However its not looking good for him. I cant tell if hes actually stupid like intellectually hindered but there are signs, that it could be true:

1. Post-match interviews.
2. Players description of him "very laid back"
3. Half-time talks no effect.
4. Post-match interviews.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still in "benefit of the doubt mode" on Pay. Im soooo tempted to call for his head but not yet give till round 15 at least ... maybe lol

However its not looking good for him. I cant tell if hes actually stupid like intellectually hindered but there are signs, that it could be true:

1. Post-match interviews.
2. Players description of him "very laid back"
3. Half-time talks no effect.
4. Post-match interviews.
Dont disagree with anything you say there

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot believe what Dean Pay said about the dogs are improving..... improving in what ? They are elite players being paid big bucks which by the way has affected our salary cap position. Leaving us with only $700k nxt year. If they are improving then they should be in lower grades or isp improving to get into nrl. They should be already proven players if not off you go to isp. Paying these guys big bucks as prosfessional atheletes and saying there improving is comments you expect from a lower grade coach. No point being mates with them that only puts pressure on you to drop unperforming players. Dean Pay needs to drop some players and he should remember that is was the passionate loyal diehard dog supporters that removed hasler and the football board. Sounds like he has already given up on this year. Maybe the supporters should get a refund if that’s the case.
Hahahah
Drop who, for who?? Pay did not cause this mess:
Play butter fingers fra
Mate when u have players like fualalo,that constantly drops balls at critical times,week in week out,and Marcelo Montoya,where was he tonight wasn’t sighted,,lichaa,distribution from dummy half abysmal,and for me Klemmer and woods $750k players,a joke,I would rather they give someone else a go than persisting with this shit,I will be very surprised if dean pay sees the year out,after his comments tonight,54 tackles in their 20 and come up with blanks,,and says they improved on last week,what fucken game was he watching
And what do you think another coach would do???
You mentioned klemmer you do know in a struggling squad klemmer is leading the comp on average run metres!! Smh

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get des was over board with his video sessions but some video is important to show players where they are going wrong etc

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahah
Drop who, for who?? Pay did not cause this mess:
Play butter fingers fra

And what do you think another coach would do???
You mentioned klemmer you do know in a struggling squad klemmer is leading the comp on average run metres!! Smh
Easy lol drop players not performing. Do watch the game ? Only one try yesterday. 13 Tries this year scored on our right side . Who is there? Do you watch isp? Plenty of guys want to have a crack in first grade. Last year is over.. we have to deal with what we have otherwise we give up on this year. We don’t have to win the premiership want that next year but at least do what your paid to do. That is be professional.

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dear Mr Pay
The game plan you are using is out of date by 3 years. You and Stewart tried it at the Raiders and it didn’t work then, Cowboys have been successful in the past with the same game plan but we don’t have a Thurston but opposition teams have worked out a defensive plan for this game plan
How about we play halves that play what’s in front of them not the structured play you want
Where are the entertainers of the game gone
I understand this is not the players you’d like in your team so why don’t you develop the younger ones
I believe until we develop our younger ones and become like the Storm system we will never be successful
We can’t keep buying ourselves out of trouble
This should be the guide to judge your coaching ability

Concerned supporter

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You guys sitting here giving Pay shit, what the fuck do you want him to do. He would be more effective at his age then elliot, that's how shit our squad is.

JMK last night on numerous occasions fucked the attack either by a shit pass, running himself or a shot kick.

In 54th min (roughly) he had RFM and 2 Morris boys outside him and only 2 roosters players defending. All he had to do was play basic footy, look up, see we had an overlap, cut out pass to Jmoz and we were in for all money. No he steps back inside for himself and gets smashed

Now tell me how the fuck that Pays coaching causes this?? Frawley is shit. Cleeland is injured. Brown hasn't set world alight.Lewis is even worse so he has no options. That's just 1 example

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys sitting here giving Pay shit, what the fuck do you want him to do. He would be more effective at his age then elliot, that's how shit our squad is.

JMK last night on numerous occasions fucked the attack either by a shit pass, running himself or a shot kick.

In 54th min (roughly) he had RFM and 2 Morris boys outside him and only 2 roosters players defending. All he had to do was play basic footy, look up, see we had an overlap, cut out pass to Jmoz and we were in for all money. No he steps back inside for himself and gets smashed

Now tell me how the fuck that Pays coaching causes this?? Frawley is shit. Cleeland is injured. Brown hasn't set world alight.Lewis is even worse so he has no options. That's just 1 example
Jmk is good defensively and that’s it.

We need Hastings so bad right now.

Can someone arrange for a 3rd party deal for Hastings?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jmk is good defensively and that’s it.

We need Hastings so bad right now.

Can someone arrange for a 3rd party deal for Hastings?
Fuck Hastings, bloke got moved on from 3 clubs, played a whole season in FG for roosters and couldnt do shit, didnt do fuck all for Manly either...

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Coaching is only part of the problem. The execution especially in attack is poor and our greatest weakness.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck Hastings, bloke got moved on from 3 clubs, played a whole season in FG for roosters and couldnt do shit, didnt do fuck all for Manly either...
Hastings is doing nothing other then bringing a massive amount of unwanted attention and not changing a thing on the field if he comes here.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
We have so many weakness in our team it’s not funny. We will never get anywhere near the top 8 with out a established halfback and hooker. Considering we have fuck all money to spend (what a fucking joke) even if we were able to invest in a good half and hooker, we have a ageing and poor backline. This is going to take 5 years to fix.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is right we are improving. We conceded 16 points vs the cowboys and roosters. Thurston and Cronk running the show for both teams. Theres alot of postives especially our forward pack including the bench. Our forwards dominated both weeks and our bench was good both weeks. The outside backs were great coming out of yardage. We dominanted possision both weeks due to our forwards winning the battle up front im confident we can do it on a weekly basis. Danny F played well both weeks. Elliot looks like his improving. We built huges amount of pressure both weeks which was great. And our def has improved out of site. Due to controling possision. Our completion rates have also been great.

Mbye and Foran are 2 buys responsible for that loss last night in my eyes. Due to fact there the ones that need to set up our attacking plays. Our fowards layed it for them on a sliver plater. I believe if we had scored first last night we win easy.

Our draw opens up now hopefully we can string some wins together now. Im confident we can if our forwards continue to dominate.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pay is right we are improving. We conceded 16 points vs the cowboys and roosters. Thurston and Cronk running the show for both teams. Theres alot of postives especially our forward pack including the bench. Our forwards dominated both weeks and our bench was good both weeks. The outside backs were great coming out of yardage. We dominanted possision both weeks due to our forwards winning the battle up front im confident we can do it on a weekly basis. Danny F played well both weeks. Elliot looks like his improving. We built huges amount of pressure both weeks which was great. And our def has improved out of site. Due to controling possision. Our completion rates have also been great.

Mbye and Foran are 2 buys responsible for that loss last night in my eyes. Due to fact there the ones that need to set up our attacking plays. Our fowards layed it for them on a sliver plater. I believe if we had scored first last night we win easy.

Our draw opens up now hopefully we can string some wins together now. Im confident we can if our forwards continue to dominate.
Pay is responsible for the loss, the bloke is a terrible coach.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Interested to hear your thoughts on Lichaa...

For mine the dummy half role is as crucial as any on the field and I think we have a dud here.

We need fast, crisp service and he is not providing that, as a defensive hooker, I'm sure he goes ok but we desperately need an attacking hooker.

When's Woolford back?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because of the inherited roster and salary cap issues I don't want to be overly critical of Dean Pay - But the attack is still woeful and Pay seems at a loss and overwhelmed at press conferences and in the media in general. Accept it is always easier to talk about games and your team when you are winning.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deano is doing OK. No one could expect him to fix all the problems in the first few weeks. I am seeing the defensive line moving up a bit more. The can do better, especially on the right side. The try to Easts came with the right side defence turning their backs on the attacking players and running backwards. . Hey guys face forwards and move up not back. And it did come on the back of a penalty I am also happy to see some players starting to tackle low with force. Attack is still a problem. Opposition defences are moving up quickly and the dogs don't seem to cope. The dogs need a plan B to combat this snuffing out. And there needs to be less one out running.

Status
Not open for further replies.