Daylight savings

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It fucking sucks trying to sleep during the day, specially during summer. I work night shift all the time and by the time I finish the sun is either coming up or is already out. My only saving grace during summer is I have ducted air conditioning which works a treat.
What time do you finish and go to bed? I do permanent night shift and it doesn't matter whether its daylight savings or not, its still daytime early

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What time do you finish and go to bed? I do permanent night shift and it doesn't matter whether its daylight savings or not, its still daytime early
I finish any where between 6 - 7 am. By the time I get home, have a feed and unwind it could be 9 or 10 am by the time I get to bed.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It fucking sucks trying to sleep during the day, specially during summer. I work night shift all the time and by the time I finish the sun is either coming up or is already out. My only saving grace during summer is I have ducted air conditioning which works a treat.
I'm lucky where I'm moving my bedroom window faces east and we have ducted air!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sign of the festive season, late summer days, hot weekends.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s a bit hard to sleep when you wake up and see the sun is up!
I’m working night shift this week and today I managed to get 6 hours sleep instead of 4!

When you wake up and see the sun is up, it does something to your brain where it makes you switch on and not want to sleep!

In winter it doesn’t matter as much because its usually too cold to get out of bed.
I’m a shift worker also. I use coreflute board and sticky Velcro dots on the windows. Turns day into night.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One man who’s conquered ‘day time’ and for that matter..’night time’ sleeping.. I gotta get me some of these glasses..especially when I’m talking to doctors!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m a shift worker also. I use coreflute board and sticky Velcro dots on the windows. Turns day into night.
I rotate days to nights.
I need to find a job that's straight day shift. Starting at 5am and finishing at 1pm

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Because no ones outside past 6:00 in winter. It’s too fucking cold.
I visited family in Queensland a couple of summers ago, and the sun was starting to rise at 4 fucken 30 ?? What the fuck are you supposed to do at 4:30 ??
Go fishing!?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Every year here, the surveys/polls are in favour, especially in the South East where most people live. A recent statewide poll put more % in favour than the government got at the last election, but apparently, they are happy to accept 51% of the vote and form government, but about 2/3 of the state in favour of DLS? Not convincing enough.

The further north you go, the bigger the distrust of southerners, who are trying to corrupt the great state of Sir Joh.

I've been up here for 5 years, and with each year, I get more used to the sun coming up at 4:45am in December, and the pains of dealing with my clients in NSW and VIC . It's one of three things that suck about living in QLD (the others being the stupid parochialism and the terrible drivers). But it still beats living in Sydney TBH :grinning:

(I don't know about the Kerry Packer cliams, but i'm curious)
You are welcomed to piss off back to Sydney anytime you like loo

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finish any where between 6 - 7 am. By the time I get home, have a feed and unwind it could be 9 or 10 am by the time I get to bed.
Yeah same, I finish at 6 but stay up to take my daughter to school coz the missus starts at 7 so its 9 - 10 I get to bed as well. That's why it doesn't matter if its daylight savings or not lol. Pretty used to sleeping during the day now anyway

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm lucky where I'm moving my bedroom window faces east and we have ducted air!
My bedroom faces the sun for the majority off the day so it's bright and hot in my room. That's why I am grateful for having ducted air and the vent in my room is right over my bed. Best money I ever spent on my house lol.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
My bedroom faces the sun for the majority off the day so it's bright and hot in my room. That's why I am grateful for having ducted air and the vent in my room is right over my bed. Best money I ever spent on my house lol.
My current home I have window facing north and a window facing west!

I'm always up around 2pm no matter how much sleep I get.

It's even worse on my last day. I get home knowing there's no work that night and I stay up all day!

I used to love staying awake for days on end, now it just makes me feel yuk!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah same, I finish at 6 but stay up to take my daughter to school coz the missus starts at 7 so its 9 - 10 I get to bed as well. That's why it doesn't matter if its daylight savings or not lol. Pretty used to sleeping during the day now anyway
Yep exactly, but as you said you get used to it. I've been doing it for about 2 and a half years now. At first it was hard to sleep because I had to reset the old body clock but now days it's just normal to me. Only thing I hate now is if I get out of routine it stuffs me for the next couple of days.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
My current home I have window facing north and a window facing west!

I'm always up around 2pm no matter how much sleep I get.

It's even worse on my last day. I get home knowing there's no work that night and I stay up all day!

I used to love staying awake for days on end, now it just makes me feel yuk!
I stay up all day on my nights off too, as this is when I get stuff done around the house and all the other things that need doing. It makes for a long day because I try staying up as late as I can to keep myself getting up too earlier the next day for work that night.