Daylight savings

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone still using a wind up watch?
If you're not from Queensland then you have to make sure your clocks are set.

Btw Queenslanders. Stop acting as though i thought of daylight saving.

Right now there's a bunch of Queenslanders bitching about how stupid it is and how they the best state in the nation because they don't do it!

Btw whose to blame? The farmers or Kerry Packer?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone still using a wind up watch?
If you're not from Queensland then you have to make sure your clocks are set.

Btw Queenslanders. Stop acting as though i thought of daylight saving.

Right now there's a bunch of Queenslanders bitching about how stupid it is and how they the best state in the nation because they don't do it!

Btw whose to blame? The farmers or Kerry Packer?
I'm also intrigued on blaming Kerry Packer?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm also intrigued on blaming Kerry Packer?
Apparently when he came up with world series of cricket he proposed NSW use daylight saving to give them an extra hour of Daylight to give him better ratings?

I don't know how true it is? but I've heard a few old timers make these claims!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently when he came up with world series of cricket he proposed NSW use daylight saving to give them an extra hour of Daylight to give him better ratings?

I don't know how true it is? but I've heard a few old timers make these claims!
Every year here, the surveys/polls are in favour, especially in the South East where most people live. A recent statewide poll put more % in favour than the government got at the last election, but apparently, they are happy to accept 51% of the vote and form government, but about 2/3 of the state in favour of DLS? Not convincing enough.

The further north you go, the bigger the distrust of southerners, who are trying to corrupt the great state of Sir Joh.

I've been up here for 5 years, and with each year, I get more used to the sun coming up at 4:45am in December, and the pains of dealing with my clients in NSW and VIC . It's one of three things that suck about living in QLD (the others being the stupid parochialism and the terrible drivers). But it still beats living in Sydney TBH :grinning:

(I don't know about the Kerry Packer cliams, but i'm curious)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Every year here, the surveys/polls are in favour, especially in the South East where most people live. A recent statewide poll put more % in favour than the government got at the last election, but apparently, they are happy to accept 51% of the vote and form government, but about 2/3 of the state in favour of DLS? Not convincing enough.

The further north you go, the bigger the distrust of southerners, who are trying to corrupt the great state of Sir Joh.

I've been up here for 5 years, and with each year, I get more used to the sun coming up at 4:45am in December, and the pains of dealing with my clients in NSW and VIC . It's one of three things that suck about living in QLD (the others being the stupid parochialism and the terrible drivers). But it still beats living in Sydney TBH :grinning:

(I don't know about the Kerry Packer cliams, but i'm curious)
Rockhampton shouldn't have a say.
Any town filled with hillbillies who cant tell the difference between a father and a sexual predator should never be taken seriously!

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rockhampton shouldn't have a say.
Any town filled with hillbillies who cant tell the difference between a father and a sexual predator should never be taken seriously!
Did you see the recent All Aussie Adventures episodes and the 'Good Morning Rockhampton' bits? Farkin funny :laughing:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you see the recent All Aussie Adventures episodes and the 'Good Morning Rockhampton' bits? Farkin funny :laughing:
Not at all.
Is there a way for South East Queensland to become desperate from the north?

A lot of South East Queensland residents are originally from new South fails anyway.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not at all.
Is there a way for South East Queensland to become desperate from the north?

A lot of South East Queensland residents are originally from new South fails anyway.
And Vic and NZ. I've always hated we don't have daylight savings here but it's never going to happen. The only time it gets discussed is when the government of the day needs a distraction from some shit they're in and they roll out the ol daylight savings argument.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why dont they just make a permanent adjustment of 30 minutes for everyone. Saves all the hassle.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
how good is beer during daylight savings

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A recent statewide poll put more % in favour than the government got at the last election, but apparently, they are happy to accept 51% of the vote and form government, but about 2/3 of the state in favour of DLS? Not convincing enough
Apparently, all the country bumpkins get two votes..... one per head ?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why dont they just make a permanent adjustment of 30 minutes for everyone. Saves all the hassle.
Because no ones outside past 6:00 in winter. It’s too fucking cold.
I visited family in Queensland a couple of summers ago, and the sun was starting to rise at 4 fucken 30 ?? What the fuck are you supposed to do at 4:30 ??

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because no ones outside past 6:00 in winter. It’s too fucking cold.
I visited family in Queensland a couple of summers ago, and the sun was starting to rise at 4 fucken 30 ?? What the fuck are you supposed to do at 4:30 ??
sleep

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a bit hard to sleep when you wake up and see the sun is up!
I’m working night shift this week and today I managed to get 6 hours sleep instead of 4!

When you wake up and see the sun is up, it does something to your brain where it makes you switch on and not want to sleep!

In winter it doesn’t matter as much because its usually too cold to get out of bed.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m working night shift this week and today I managed to get 6 hours sleep instead of 4!

When you wake up and see the sun is up, it does something to your brain where it makes you switch on and not want to sleep!

In winter it doesn’t matter as much because its usually too cold to get out of bed.

haha I was just being silly... I know what you mean.. I actually lived up there for a few years myself... I really do envy people who can just fall back asleep in situations as such... or sleep through a lot of noise... I had a friend up there who would come over on weekends, and after a big night he would be asleep on the lounge room floor whilst there would be 10+ of us sitting around having a hair of the dog/ being loud, laughing and carrying on and he would just continue to snooze away... wtf!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

It fucking sucks trying to sleep during the day, specially during summer. I work night shift all the time and by the time I finish the sun is either coming up or is already out. My only saving grace during summer is I have ducted air conditioning which works a treat.