David Fafita

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After last night's origin game, I noticed that David fafita is not a world class player.

He actually seemed very lazy. And almost no effort for a 1 million a year player.

Yes he has ability and has broken some games up a club level.

But he is inconsistent and I fear he will not live out to expectations.

He will disappear into the wildness

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrook spending a Mil on a second rower is Dean Pay-esque

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biggest problem is he drifts in & out of games.
Also think he is used to being the big kid & throwing his weight around. When another big body stands up & gives it to him he goes to water.
He is young & may eventually live up to the pay, however the problem is every match he doesnt, the pressure rises & makes it harder for him...in saying that, as a Dogs & Blues supporter i couldnt care less what happens for him!

Last edited:

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most overrated player in the game and it's not close. Bloke does 3 good things a game then does nothing. A million for this tub or lard? He'll make Tony Williams look like a good buy!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cam Murray shut him down totally. Fifita should be coming off the bench in Origin. Can't play 80 min at that intensity yet.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
for whatever reason Queensland didn't turn up last night.
Fifita is a very good player however when he is on.
$1 million a year, maybe a bit too high.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This seems premature. Murray and Trbojevic just did really well to contain him

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you do realize that he has scored 9 tries this year and is one of the comps top try scorers....
one bad game and you bag the shit out of him... typical

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't seen that much of Fafita. But I'd be unwilling to offer close to a million a season for any player that doesn't do 50% of the sides kicking and decision making on the last tackle. Even Taumalolo at his peak was overpaid in my opinion.

As far as paying players barely in their 20's seven figure salaries goes, it's a huge risk. If I'd been offered three years at a mill a year at that age I'd have set myself up for retirement with it and the desire to work would be an almost silent voice for me.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's a 700k player (best strike second rower in the game money). The Titans just paid overs for him.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure is more like 1.3 or .4, from the media reports.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I haven't seen that much of Fafita. But I'd be unwilling to offer close to a million a season for any player that doesn't do 50% of the sides kicking and decision making on the last tackle. Even Taumalolo at his peak was overpaid in my opinion.

As far as paying players barely in their 20's seven figure salaries goes, it's a huge risk. If I'd been offered three years at a mill a year at that age I'd have set myself up for retirement with it and the desire to work would be an almost silent voice for me.
you havnt seen much of Fafita?? you must not watch much footy Alan

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you havnt seen much of Fafita?? you must not watch much footy Alan
Not these days. Mostly only Dogs games for about the last 5-6 years. Just got over refereeing at that stage. Even if I don't care who wins a game, I get pissed off if the refs really favor one side over the other and I unfortunately can't help but see that it happens quite frequently.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not these days. Mostly only Dogs games for about the last 5-6 years. Just got over refereeing at that stage. Even if I don't care who wins a game, I get pissed off if the refs really favor one side over the other and I unfortunately can't help but see that it happens quite frequently.
That's so familiar to how I've been feeling about the game for ages as well!!