Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
test 123 test

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guys, remember that this is a free site, the admins pay for everything to keep this up and running.

As per previous comments, what happens is in times the site is popular, the access log (which records every person that visits the site (guest or not)) fills up, and the server runs out of hard drive space, and then goes offline (database error), or the web server crashes. At least that's my understanding.

I believe we have / a new server is on the way, but until such time Nash or habs have a spare moment to do the swapover, we all just need to be patient.

In times around when the database goes down, there can sometimes be corruption to the database, which requires a complete restore of it.
If funds are a problem Im happy to throw in a few bucks. Im sure other members would do the same!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's more time than anything I believe.

I can confirm we do have a new server in the midst, but haven't migrated over to it yet.

If people have issues they can email [COLOR="#0000ff"]info<at>thekennel.com.au[/COLOR] and this goes straight to the admins.
I've also got direct email contact with Nash, so if something goes down and I notice it, I can let him know about it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah it is the drives running out of space meaning the databases can't write causing the site to disappear, it has happened to a few of my sites when left alone for a while. How much space does this web server have maybe a purge of old stuff might help?