Database error?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well it's simple really. There was an error.. in the database. Simples.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Every Sunday night it fuks up

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was wondering last night work could be related to Annonymus.... a lots of website went down cos them guys.

They have already issued a threat/ warning to Qld premier regarding the tough laws on bikies.

intresting times.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If its a regular thing, is it some cron or backup/utility causing this?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nah what it is, is the access log file (which logs every single connection), gets full and the server runs out of hard drive space. That in turn crashes / halts the database

Nash and habs have a new server ready to go in, but getting the time to swap it over is the big thing.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah what it is, is the access log file (which logs every single connection), gets full and the server runs out of hard drive space. That in turn crashes / halts the database

Nash and habs have a new server ready to go in, but getting the time to swap it over is the big thing.
Ah, happens to my ipb based site aswell sometimes. It is the off season so there is time now to do some moves and what not haha :p

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I think we have targets on us lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So when is the site being migrated to the new server?

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Ah, happens to my ipb based site aswell sometimes. It is the off season so there is time now to do some moves and what not haha :p
Now is NOT the time to do it. It is after the WorldCup and apparently we are signing someone soon - tomorrow I think.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
All the bloody time. Fix them, man.

I get it even when I try and make 1 post now. Takes me 5 or 6 attempts to get 1 through.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Same, it's really ****ing up constantly tonight,

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, remember that this is a free site, the admins pay for everything to keep this up and running.

As per previous comments, what happens is in times the site is popular, the access log (which records every person that visits the site (guest or not)) fills up, and the server runs out of hard drive space, and then goes offline (database error), or the web server crashes. At least that's my understanding.

I believe we have / a new server is on the way, but until such time Nash or habs have a spare moment to do the swapover, we all just need to be patient.

In times around when the database goes down, there can sometimes be corruption to the database, which requires a complete restore of it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
At least that's my understanding.

I've just let Nash know about this issue (seeing it myself).