News Daryl Clark

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1.5 is about accurate (oil).

but please. remember that whats that? 5 slots to fill? So really its one marquee only (110 minimum per player)
4 spots to fill, 5 if we include Green. We could also promote Doorey, Schoupp and Topine who wouldn't be on a lot. I think we'll sign 2-3 more quality players. If B. Smith/Grant become available that's the only way I see us signing a marquee.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Could do worse, but it’s another wait an see.!!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This seems like classic marketing over reach, its the triple promise when in reality only two things can be delivered. Its like the fast, cheap, or working trilogy, you can pick only two. If you want it fast and working, it won't be cheap, etc.

In this case I'm not even sure you can pick 2... seems like unreliable is almost a given regardless...

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This guy might be a world beater and he could be a total dud. I love the way some get a bit drippy about a prospect like this - the missing link to the spine - come on now. Looks like desperation has well and truly set in for a number 9

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appears gloomy at first glance. but I see it as about a further $5-6 mil freed up to retain, release or purchase more players to our requirments as needed to fix and balance our squad.
Definitely isn’t gloomy that’s a chance at a fresh start a clean out is required. Let baz pick his squad

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro the block gets sin binned every other day wtf [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would feel more at home in the Belmore area. Demographics of the people are about the same.....More Chinese on the Gold Coast...
as the article states, he has been on the radar for several years for many teams. Covid might make him make the jump but there would be alot of competition to sign him. Titans are also looking for a hooker, england to belmore or GC?

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has only been playing First grade for 2 YEARS give him time.
I get it and I can accept your answer, but I just can't see any evidence he's good apart from goalkicking.
All the arguments FOR Flanno seem to be on why he isn't that bad, or that he was a scapegoat, or he was harshly treated, or things like that.
But no one shows evidence of his brilliance and that's what worries me.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt you will get clarke. Warrington are a team that are always pushing to make the finals over here and he is one of their if not their best player. Hes still 1 of the the best 2 hookers in super league alongside james roby.

Strange to read some of the comments about josh hogdson. No english fan rates him but he seems to be doing good in the nrl. He left england from hull kr who almost got relegated that season and he was only their 2nd choice hooker they didnt even offer him a new contract. Not many english fans new much about him. Next hes getting picked for england but sadly for him hes never impressed at international level. Many people wouldnt pick him for england as we have many top class hooker. James roby, daryl clarke, paul mcshane, danny houghton, micky mcillorum who were all head and shoulders about him
Interesting, Hodgson had a pretty free rein in attack when he came over and often became the decision maker / play maker / ball runner / kicker during a set of 6. Not sure how he was allowed to play back in England but that or just a new environment might explain his success.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a no from me. He is already slowing down I think. A 28 year old will be stop gap for 2 years before he tails off like Farah, Segeyaro. Hookers need explosive acceleration these days for me and I rather target Simpkin, Grant or Fainus younger brother, to try and get them as 10 year players. Alternatively, Why aren’t we developing our own hookers? Get a good development coach like Matt Parish, Ben Walker, or the in demand rookie Lee Malkoun so we can bring our own hooker through and don’t need to sign anyone.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I doubt you will get clarke. Warrington are a team that are always pushing to make the finals over here and he is one of their if not their best player. Hes still 1 of the the best 2 hookers in super league alongside james roby.

Strange to read some of the comments about josh hogdson. No english fan rates him but he seems to be doing good in the nrl. He left england from hull kr who almost got relegated that season and he was only their 2nd choice hooker they didnt even offer him a new contract. Not many english fans new much about him. Next hes getting picked for england but sadly for him hes never impressed at international level. Many people wouldnt pick him for england as we have many top class hooker. James roby, daryl clarke, paul mcshane, danny houghton, micky mcillorum who were all head and shoulders about him
The comments on Hodgson are coming from the perspective of a handful of fans, realistically, he is behind a number of hookers here domestically namely Cameron Smith, Damien Cook, Cameron McInnes and Harry Grant. I definitely have Daryl Clarke ahead of him too. James Roby for his age is exceptional.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Word !
I'd prefer green though over flanno for experience but
Nice grammar!!!
I don't know why anyone listens to you!
You can't even speak proper English!
Go back to your Souffs/Cronulla forums where you belong imposter.
P.S. Made up any fake accounts since you've been back?

Fairclough92

New Pup
Reaction score
The comments on Hodgson are coming from the perspective of a handful of fans, realistically, he is behind a number of hookers here domestically namely Cameron Smith, Damien Cook, Cameron McInnes and Harry Grant. I definitely have Daryl Clarke ahead of him too. James Roby for his age is exceptional.
James roby is the english cameron smith. Since he came through as a teenages hes been playing for england and for the last 15 years has been the stand out hooker in the league and seems to get better with age.

How do you feel your chances are next season as i no 2020 wasnt a great year for you guys with alot of issues backroom etc. Do you see barret as the man who can turn your fortunes around

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone permanently ban Nasheed FFS?

The bloke is full of shit and guesses his "oil". Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Sorry but I can't cop people who always think that they are the smartest person in the room even though everyone else can see that they are a fuckwit.

#bannasheed