News Daryl Clark

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
My below quote was dated April 19, 2019. Before you mentioned him. And others knew about him before me. Any other pissing contests you want to lose? My point is you didn't discover him, neither did I. He's been one of England's best players for quite a while.

owned nashweed

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
owned nashweed
I mentioned him earlier than that but the archive makes it tough to search.

I showed him because even then people were 'Daryl who'

I have an eye for discovering talent.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why?
What he done so good?
He's failed at two clubs
I don't think Flanagan failed at the Sharks, imo they should of picked and played Flanagan over Townsend. They probably shouldn't of signed Johnson either (if letting Townsend go then sure).

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why?
What he done so good?
He's failed at two clubs
Where did he fail?

Did nothing wrong at Sharks. Bit of Shane politics going on there when he left.Played fine with Roosters and was simply a scapegoat. So where and how did he fail?

Id rather have Flannagan for 6 or 7 years instead of Green for 1 year and hoping Green's not past it.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Where did he fail?

Did nothing wrong at Sharks. Bit of Shane politics going on there when he left.Played fine with Roosters and was simply a scapegoat. So where and how did he fail?

Id rather have him for 6 or 7 years rather than Green for 1 year and hope he's not past it.
I get it and I can accept your answer, but I just can't see any evidence he's good apart from goalkicking.
All the arguments FOR Flanno seem to be on why he isn't that bad, or that he was a scapegoat, or he was harshly treated, or things like that.
But no one shows evidence of his brilliance and that's what worries me.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The vibe I get from Flanno is that he is Jake Cogger with a sharp Halligan foot.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get it and I can accept your answer, but I just can't see any evidence he's good apart from goalkicking.
All the arguments FOR Flanno seem to be on why he isn't that bad, or that he was a scapegoat, or he was harshly treated, or things like that.
But no one shows evidence of his brilliance and that's what worries me.
Evidence was in his lower grade performances.There's little established top class talent available in the halves these days it seems and the best bet is to get someone young and talented. At his age there's plenty of time to develop into a top half.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hooker is an absolute priority although my gut feel is Clark isn’t that interested in coming to Aus otherwise he would have done it before now.

As for Blake Green if there’s any way to do it the club should tear up his contract and be done.
Blake Green should be the Bulldogs #9 if he elects to play on in 2021 ..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Blake Green should be the Bulldogs #9 if he elects to play on in 2021 ..
Bit of old dog new tricks thing going against him.
Green is useful as experience in the halves because either way he will be partnered with a baby.
It's important we have Green or a Green equivalent

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t know how we can afford him as well as Burton, but then again we were trying to sign Ado Carr so we must have room in our cap.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t know how we can afford him as well as Burton, but then again we were trying to sign Ado Carr so we must have room in our cap.
Compare our ins and outs, we can afford both of them.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd like Clark for two years (obviously would prefer Grant or B. Smith if they're "available"). Not much coming off contract for two years (basically just McInnes and Verrills). If he turns out to be a flop we can rectify it for 2023 (Brailey brothers, Grant, Koroisau, Mahoney, B. Smith and a few others off contract).
Can we afford Grant or Smith though if we sign Burton ?

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
17 players off contract wow that’s fuckin exciting Cyaaaaa’sssss
It appears gloomy at first glance. but I see it as about a further $5-6 mil freed up to retain, release or purchase more players to our requirments as needed to fix and balance our squad.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No offence to you but f*** tha bulldog stereotype
That style of play has screwed us over in the modern game. It suits northern hemisphere union

we need flash fast shock n awe stuff ala Melb and Penrith.
Add some bone rattling English grit in the middle and wallah
The upside with Brandon though, he has big game experience playing finals with melbourne and internationally for the kiwis. He is someone that is young and can build a long term combination with flanagan and burton (assuming he signs). I think its important to build a core group of young players to carry us through the next 5+ years. Brandon is the type of player that people want to play with but hate coming up against. Thats the type of player we need in our squad that lacks hunger and creativity.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can we afford Grant or Smith though if we sign Burton ?
I believe we have about 1.5m remaining, but obviously I don't know for sure/100%. You have to compare the ins/outs and have an educated guess on what you believe each player was/is on. I would answer your question with a yes, but others might think differently.

Fairclough92

New Pup
Reaction score
I doubt you will get clarke. Warrington are a team that are always pushing to make the finals over here and he is one of their if not their best player. Hes still 1 of the the best 2 hookers in super league alongside james roby.

Strange to read some of the comments about josh hogdson. No english fan rates him but he seems to be doing good in the nrl. He left england from hull kr who almost got relegated that season and he was only their 2nd choice hooker they didnt even offer him a new contract. Not many english fans new much about him. Next hes getting picked for england but sadly for him hes never impressed at international level. Many people wouldnt pick him for england as we have many top class hooker. James roby, daryl clarke, paul mcshane, danny houghton, micky mcillorum who were all head and shoulders about him

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I believe we have about 1.5m remaining, but obviously I don't know for sure/100%. You have to compare the ins/outs and have an educated guess on what you believe each player was/is on. I would answer your question with a yes, but others might think differently.
1.5 is about accurate (oil).

but please. remember that whats that? 5 slots to fill? So really its one marquee only (110 minimum per player)