Daniel Rauicava 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

'gaz' phillips

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why was he taken off? Didn't seem to be injured and definitely wasn't our worst. Can't believe he leaves rejects out there like Halatau and Hodgson but takes off a back! Obviously Moore didn't like his ability to break a tackle and offload!!
he said he had a hamstring injury

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He goes alright and shows promise.....though i disagree with you about JTK. He is a good runner of the ball but is all at sea under the high ball, hes Utai all over again. In his favour though is hes young so he can develop those skills, where Utai was getting worse and worse.
Biggest problem was no one helping him out.. We need our larger players to "get in the way" when a high ball goes up, in order to take the pressure off our outside backs.

Prior to the game in warmup he was catching the high ball nicely.

Might have been nerves too!

Why was he taken off? Didn't seem to be injured and definitely wasn't our worst. Can't believe he leaves rejects out there like Halatau and Hodgson but takes off a back! Obviously Moore didn't like his ability to break a tackle and offload!!
I'm not sure it was an injury to be honest.

Green came on, and then when Kimmorley was right again, Green went to Second Row, and Idris to the centres.

And then Canberra started piling on the points.

When will Moore learn that Idris isn't a centre.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Biggest problem was no one helping him out.. We need our larger players to "get in the way" when a high ball goes up, in order to take the pressure off our outside backs.

Prior to the game in warmup he was catching the high ball nicely.
I take it you didn't notice the sitter that he dropped cold with no pressure? He's just lucky it went backwards to Turner.

You can catch the ball in the warmup all you like - a 12yr old can do that. In the game is where it matters, and he's been dead average at it ever since stepping into first grade.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Rauicava did a solid job I think. As much as I would like a centre with more attacking ability, he put his hand up whenever needed and got through a fair bit of work.

6.5/10

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
JTK has been horrible in defense and under the high ball in every game i have watched him in this year, both NRL and NSW Cup.

His attacking game is good, he just needs to work on the rest. but lets keep this about daniel

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rauicava did a solid job I think. As much as I would like a centre with more attacking ability, he put his hand up whenever needed and got through a fair bit of work.

6.5/10
If i had to pick out of him and Neumann for a centre spot, i'd pick Daniel.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
If i had to pick out of him and Neumann for a centre spot, i'd pick Daniel.
Definitely. You can tell Daniel is the type of player who wants to win. Neumann looks like he's just there for the ride.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitely. You can tell Daniel is the type of player who wants to win. Neumann looks like he's just there for the ride.
Nothing special but definitly better than JTK. Completely agree with you, he tried very hard and got involved as often as possible

JTK is so suspect in defense and cannot for the life of him defuse a bomb

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Nothing special but definitly better than JTK. Completely agree with you, he tried very hard and got involved as often as possible

JTK is so suspect in defense and cannot for the life of him defuse a bomb
he can't even catch it when it doesn't need defusing

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JTK is a combination of Heka's hands with .5 of Utai's running ability.

The only reason I have been so harsh on Rauicava was because I watched him in NSW Cup games this year and got excited when he got the nod. I just didn't like the mistakes he made for a 24 yr old debutant.

Maybe he won't make another, I hope he proves me wrong, for his and our sake.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah no crush, just happy the young bloke got to make his first grade debut, and IMO had a good crack, if you wanna have a go have a go at the leaders out on the park, not the young fella doing his best,what is the point of hammering a first gamer?? Not everyone is going to have a debut like sbw he showed potential , why slam him after 1 game FARK we would never have a team on the park with **** critics like you!!
Like I just said, I was only harsh because I expected so much of him after watching him in cup games this year. And I wouldn't expect another SBW, but he is 24 not 19, I can expect him to not make basic errors.

Having said that, I liked that he tried to chase down Croker for 80m after letting him past though, I don't think I have ever seen Morris do that.

I hope you defend all the debutants like you do him

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
JTK is a combination of Heka's hands with .5 of Utai's running ability.

The only reason I have been so harsh on Rauicava was because I watched him in NSW Cup games this year and got excited when he got the nod. I just didn't like the mistakes he made for a 24 yr old debutant.

Maybe he won't make another, I hope he proves me wrong, for his and our sake.
Yeh watching NSW Cup earlier in the year i was very impressed with him. I was very surprised when Shane got to debut before he did. Maybe they thought theyd go with youth first.

I give Daniel 2 or 3 more games to see how he goes.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Yeh watching NSW Cup earlier in the year i was very impressed with him. I was very surprised when Shane got to debut before he did. Maybe they thought theyd go with youth first.

I give Daniel 2 or 3 more games to see how he goes.
But they're both 23. :p

dog mad

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like I just said, I was only harsh because I expected so much of him after watching him in cup games this year. And I wouldn't expect another SBW, but he is 24 not 19, I can expect him to not make basic errors.

Having said that, I liked that he tried to chase down Croker for 80m after letting him past though, I don't think I have ever seen Morris do that.

I hope you defend all the debutants like you do him
and I hope you mark all debutants over the age of 19 like you did Daniel, you seriously having a whinge cos he made a basic error at the age of 24? So based on the age you make your debut you shouldn't make basic errors? Please tell me you're kidding

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and I hope you mark all debutants over the age of 19 like you did Daniel, you seriously having a whinge cos he made a basic error at the age of 24? So based on the age you make your debut you shouldn't make basic errors? Please tell me you're kidding
I do. If a bloke debuts at the age of 24, it means he has played NSW Cup/Reserve grade for at least 3-4 seasons. It means he should have learned in those 3-4 years not to drag a guy near the side-line when he is already tackled because it will be penalised. It means he should have learned that if he is in a broken defensive line that completing a 1 on 1 tackle is important and instead of clutching at his top half, he should go low so he at least slows him down if he can't wrap him up.

If you think a 24 year old who has been out of under 18's for 4 years should be afforded the same leniency as a 19 year old straight out of under 18s then you are the one who is kidding.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do. If a bloke debuts at the age of 24, it means he has played NSW Cup/Reserve grade for at least 3-4 seasons. It means he should have learned in those 3-4 years not to drag a guy near the side-line when he is already tackled because it will be penalised. It means he should have learned that if he is in a broken defensive line that completing a 1 on 1 tackle is important and instead of clutching at his top half, he should go low so he at least slows him down if he can't wrap him up.

If you think a 24 year old who has been out of under 18's for 4 years should be afforded the same leniency as a 19 year old straight out of under 18s then you are the one who is kidding.
The penalty was BS everyone saw that
He is on his 1st year at the dogs and was his debut made one mistake but did plenty of good things defended well apart from that mistake and ran from DH a fair bit
Stop whinging and get behind the players for once FFS if you have a better option than him then bloody mention it if not then keep it to yourself
Hate the way we bag players who have a dig and there aren't many better options

This year is a rubbish recruitment year because not much talent is going around all the potential good players coming around we signed such as hodkinson, keating, tolman and tandy
last year we recruited players who were out of form and it back fired as it often does but we needed depth

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The penalty was BS everyone saw that
He is on his 1st year at the dogs and was his debut made one mistake but did plenty of good things defended well apart from that mistake and ran from DH a fair bit
Stop whinging and get behind the players for once FFS if you have a better option than him then bloody mention it if not then keep it to yourself
Hate the way we bag players who have a dig and there aren't many better options

This year is a rubbish recruitment year because not much talent is going around all the potential good players coming around we signed such as hodkinson, keating, tolman and tandy
last year we recruited players who were out of form and it back fired as it often does but we needed depth
Thanks Mr Moderater. I will remember from now on to never criticise a player, just as you have never done.

FMD there are some hypocrites on this forum.

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
didnt get a chance to see him play...any utube highlights of this bloke ?

Status
Not open for further replies.